ADVERTISEMENT

OT Star Wars question

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this thread doesn't end up in the Classic's I might have to quit my membership.

At times I don't know if some of you are being honest or being facetious, but it's hilarious either way. I've had a lot of good laughs today.

Originally posted by bigeye6912:
Ron broke his wand right before year 2 at hogwarts. before year 3, the weasley family had won the daily prophet grand prize which enabled them to go to egypt and replace ron's wand. as a 13 or 14 year old kid, ron couldn't have pulled off avada kedavra, but he could have used petrificus totalis or stupefy, which would have put anakin/vader out of commission, at which point he could have been killed muggle style (with knife, gun, blunt object etc.) i'd still take a wand.
It's pretty damn hard to yell Petros Papafakis when the Chosen one is choking you from 50 feet away.

Now, that may work on Obi Wan, provided Weasley ain't drunk from butter beer or whatever those people drink.

Originally posted by PBR_StreetGang:
A few other things that irritate me.

The Empire had piss poor OPSEC. I mean, they let the architectural designs for the most secret battle station in the universe get stolen...twice. Then take the command cruiser. Obi Wan just turns off the tractor beam. No password needed, no PIN number...nothing. More on that later. And how the hell do Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, and R2 get on Endor in the first place? "It's an older code, Lord Vader, but it checks out".

Huh? An older code? But it still checks out? It's either the code or it isn't. And no radio call to the surface to say "Hey, y'all get that parts and technical crew that we let through 30 minutes ago?". Nice security.

Then there's the X-wing pilot that crashes his fighter into the bridge and takes out a command ship. That ship was probably 5 KM long or so. Couldn't find a spot in there to put a secondary helm? Nope. Crash into that thing and the whole thing drops like a rock. I could go on...
This post was edited on 6/19 8:16 PM by PBR_StreetGang
The empire was obviously a mess. In like 20 years, they go from having no armed forces whatsoever, to having a bunch of clones, to having a fully-functional, non-clone chain of command. They've got admirals and generals and the guy who was always trying to kill Dracula, and a death star, and huge ships. Who is flying these things? Where did these commanders learn to be commanders? Colin Powell was in the Army for like 30 years before he got his 4th star, and he saw a ton of action to get there. On top of that, he didn't rise through the ranks because Jimmy Carter kept killing the guys in front of him. He worked his way up.

Their infantry can't shoot for shit. You can only imagine what storm trooper basic training is like. They give you a white suit and a gun, and then send you to the front lines. They were clearly taking shortcuts to try and intimidate people with their numbers and apparent technological superiority. Whoever cleared the shuttle to land probably had no idea what the freaking security code was. The guy who knew the security protocols probably got choked out by Vader for making a trivial mistake, or not accomplishing something that he had no control over.

And this is the guy you've got leading your fleet. That says it all right there. The most hard-headed, overconfident moron in the galaxy. Why is he in charge? Because he looks scary and chokes people out.

"Asteroids do not concern me, Admiral."

Sounds a lot like "Your light saber, that you are badass with, and the fact that you have the high ground, does not concern me, Obiwan."

The light saber fight between Kenobi and Vader in A New Hope sums the empire up perfectly. You've got a crippled guy, who is basically an ambulatory Arthur Digby Sellers, fighting an elderly man who hadn't done any real Jedi training in years, and they basically fight to a tie. The fight only ended the way it did because Obiwan forgot why he was even there, and who he was fighting, because he left his Aricept and Namenda on Tattoine.

The only reason the empire had any success is because they took the galaxy by surprise, and nobody even had any weapons to fight them with, much less training. Once the rebels got brought up to speed, the empire was easy to bring down. A freaking teenage girl was in charge of the rebellion, for crying out loud.

The empire was doomed from the beginning. Nobody knew what the hell they were doing.

So why doesn't Obi wan finish Vader off after taking him out at the end of Episode III? I mean all he has to do is go down there and kick him in the lava or chop his head off. Then he and Yoda could go get the Emperor. Instead, he just waltzes off into exile for the better part of the rest of his life, leaving the galaxy in the hands of a Nazi like regime---all because he didn't feel like finishing Anakin off. It was also kind of a cruel move not to put him out of his misery. I mean the guy has just had three limbs chopped off and was catching on fire.

Just a strange decision.

"You've got a crippled guy, who is basically an ambulatory Arthur Digby Sellers, fighting an elderly man who hadn't done any real Jedi training in years, and they basically fight to a tie. The fight only ended the way it did because Obiwan forgot why he was even there, and who he was fighting, because he left his Aricept and Namenda on Tattoine. "

Solid. Freaking. Gold.
laugh.gif

One last thing regarding Endor (though I could go on forever), why the hell was the Rebel Seal Team 6 wandering around in the forest wearing camo while accompanying a 6.5 foot gold robot polished up like some Momo's? If the forest moped security guards had been a little more competent than Wal Mart greeters then there ends the rebellion.
This post was edited on 6/19 10:17 PM by PBR_StreetGang

Reactions: SirAdamAdams
Originally posted by CS:

Originally posted by Slot 9 Right:
If Anikin was the best of all time how the hell did Obi Wan Kick the ever livin crap out of him with the beat down of beat downs I mean he chopped him to bits. Then theres Luke who seems like he he would be the G.O.A.T. but we only see him for one movie kinda like a one and done type deal, although he did bring down an AT-AT so hes got that goin for him.

Heres the link I found for Jedi Rankings.

QGJ was 0-1-1 on screen and recruited the Adolph Hitler of a galaxy far, far away. How high do you think he should be?

And How the hell is Qui-Gon Jinn #16 All time thats some BULSH right there.

This post was edited on 6/19 1:17 AM by Slot 9 Right

Good point LOL.

Originally posted by Her co-star in the beaver picture:
The empire was obviously a mess. In like 20 years, they go from having no armed forces whatsoever, to having a bunch of clones, to having a fully-functional, non-clone chain of command. They've got admirals and generals and the guy who was always trying to kill Dracula, and a death star, and huge ships. Who is flying these things? Where did these commanders learn to be commanders? Colin Powell was in the Army for like 30 years before he got his 4th star, and he saw a ton of action to get there. On top of that, he didn't rise through the ranks because Jimmy Carter kept killing the guys in front of him. He worked his way up.

Their infantry can't shoot for shit. You can only imagine what storm trooper basic training is like. They give you a white suit and a gun, and then send you to the front lines. They were clearly taking shortcuts to try and intimidate people with their numbers and apparent technological superiority. Whoever cleared the shuttle to land probably had no idea what the freaking security code was. The guy who knew the security protocols probably got choked out by Vader for making a trivial mistake, or not accomplishing something that he had no control over.

And this is the guy you've got leading your fleet. That says it all right there. The most hard-headed, overconfident moron in the galaxy. Why is he in charge? Because he looks scary and chokes people out.

Sounds a lot like "Your light saber, that you are badass with, and the fact that you have the high ground, does not concern me, Obiwan."

The light saber fight between Kenobi and Vader in A New Hope sums the empire up perfectly. You've got a crippled guy, who is basically an ambulatory Arthur Digby Sellers, fighting an elderly man who hadn't done any real Jedi training in years, and they basically fight to a tie. The fight only ended the way it did because Obiwan forgot why he was even there, and who he was fighting, because he left his Aricept and Namenda on Tattoine.

The only reason the empire had any success is because they took the galaxy by surprise, and nobody even had any weapons to fight them with, much less training. Once the rebels got brought up to speed, the empire was easy to bring down. A freaking teenage girl was in charge of the rebellion, for crying out loud.

The empire was doomed from the beginning. Nobody knew what the hell they were doing.
You forgot the part where an entire squadron was destroyed by the Care Bears throwing sticks and rocks.

Legolis could disarm a wand from 50 yards out.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Awesome thread.

I see no way that Plo Koon is ranked above Anakin in that list on page one.

Dobby the House Elf is related, distantly, to the elves of Rivendell and those of the Woodland Realm. Dobby put in a word, which Legolas respects. Neither Legolas nor his kinsman would disrespect the Weasleys or his peeps based on Dobby's say so.

But then there's Protego Totalum, Salvio Hexia, etc which provide wand carriers with large bubbles of protection against man, sith, elf, etc...

Ain't nothin better than a wand.
This post was edited on 6/20 12:16 AM by bigeye6912

The Empire had piss poor OPSEC. I mean, they let the architectural designs for the most secret battle station in the universe get stolen...twice. Then take the command cruiser. Obi Wan just turns off the tractor beam. No password needed, no PIN number...nothing. More on that later. And how the hell do Han, Leia, Luke, Chewie, and R2 get on Endor in the first place? "It's an older code, Lord Vader, but it checks out".

Huh? An older code? But it still checks out? It's either the code or it isn't. And no radio call to the surface to say "Hey, y'all get that parts and technical crew that we let through 30 minutes ago?". Nice security.

Then there's the X-wing pilot that crashes his fighter into the bridge and takes out a command ship. That ship was probably 5 KM long or so. Couldn't find a spot in there to put a secondary helm? Nope. Crash into that thing and the whole thing drops like a rock. I could go on...

Now you're pushing it doc. So, technologically, these people were well beyond the USA. Consider that Jango Fett is at least the equal of General Custer. Now picture 100 million General Custer's? You think the south would've lost the war. These are clones. Picture 14 Michael Jordan's on a basketball team; that was the storm troopers in episodes 1-3.

And you know what, let's stop with the "Obi won kicked the shit out of Anakin stuff." Anakin dominated that fight; Obi was doing the running man with more zeal than a pimple faced junior high kid back in 1987. Anakin was overcome with emotion and screwed up. Put them in the Octagon and Anakin wins. Anakin dominated a still in his prime Dooku, the same dooku that once again knocked obi out cold in about ten seconds. Obi was basically Michael Spinks to Dooku's Mike Tyson.

Will say that Anakin was going to turn to the dark side no matter what happened in that chamber. He was p whipped.

Originally posted by jyoung185:
In reference to windu vs the emperor. It's clear that the emperor was letting windu win because he knew that anakin was on his way and he wanted anakin to unleasch his dark side and kill windu.

I'm still not convinced that Luke is the most powerful. How does anyone come to that conclusion.
Uh, that isn't clear at all. You are reaching. Sort of like saying that Taylor Jungmann let Florida win yesterday, because he know we always play better when we're facing elimination. What I saw was the emperor get put on his ass, before Anakin even shows up. Then windu lets up. Then the emperor tries AGAIN to cook him with his lightning, and windu blocks it and shoots it right back at him, wrecking his shit for life.

I saw an ass-kicking. Saying that the emperor let him win is so aggy it's unbelievable.
btw, part of the emperor getting put on his face was a kick from Mace Windu. Come on, are you serious? Palpatine was playing possum.

Originally posted by GDforHC:
The novel hinted that the Emperor had it all planned out. He knew it was the only way Anakin would turn. What would Anakin's reaction have been if he walked in with 4 jedi dead and the Emperor watching Tosh 4.0 while drinking hot tea?
I think Anakin would be more likely to join him if he saw how powerful the emperor was. If he shows up and everyone's dead, he could say "you see this shit? You should probably join me, because I can kick everyone's ass. The dark side is way better, and we'll keep Padme alive too."

You think Anakin, who thinks Mace Windu is an asshole anyway, is going to care if the emperor kills him? Hell no. Anakin already had one foot in the dark side. He was buying whatever the emperor was selling, and the emperor's case is much more compelling if he shows what a badass he is, instead of looking like a feeble poon. Do you know how many ways a plan like that could go wrong? What if Mace Windu doesn't dilly dally, and just fcking kills him? Or what if he anticipates Anakin's cheap shot, blocks it, and uses the force to toss them both out the window?

I don't know exactly what the novel says, but the movie showed an ass-kicking, and there was nothing that suggested that he was getting his ass kicked intentionally, as part of his master plan.
Rewatch the movie. Why did Anakin go running like a school girl to Mace and say "hey master, I have found the sith lord." Anakin was still confused, didn't know what side to take. If Anakin was all the way converted, then he would've tried to fock with Windu instead of telling him what he discovered. Anakin's actions (chopping Windu's hand off) was a game time spontaneous decision. In fact, he may have just tried to block the strike and missed.

Anyways, if you rewatch, at one point during the duel, Palpatine could've stabbed Windu in the heart, but he backed off.

If by "lose to boba fett", you mean "follow him to the location of the enemy's secret hideout, and facilitate their slaughter", then yes, he lost to boba fett.
Actually, by losing I meant "follow him to the location of the enemy's secret hideout and then get my ass bailed out by my much younger and more talented padawan......again."

Dude, that OPSEC comment cracks me up.
roll.gif

The movies also suggest that Kenobi had no f*cking plan when it came to Luke's training. As a member of the order, he knew when training should have begun, but he just left Luke to farm moisture in a desert with his uncle. Clearly he had no plan to develop Luke into a Jedi and only began to do so when his hand was forced by the arrival of R2-D2.

Originally posted by CS:
The movies also suggest that Kenobi had no f*cking plan when it came to Luke's training. As a member of the order, he knew when training should have begun, but he just left Luke to farm moisture in a desert with his uncle. Clearly he had no plan to develop Luke into a Jedi and only began to do so when his hand was forced by the arrival of R2-D2.
Actually also implied that Obi won wasn't too into training Anakin either. He just wanted to do his own thing.

About the "command ship". It was The Executor, the first of the "Super" class of Star Destroyers built by the Empire. The first was a gift to Vader by Palpatine. It is estimated at 19 Kilometers long, not 5. There were secondary bridges in the thing, but with the shield generators destroyed, Akbar(AKA Captain Fish Head) saying "Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer!", Rebel fighters crashing into it and it just being attacked they must have been destroyed, or so I'm assuming.

For those wondering "With a ship that's 19 KM long, why couldn't it shoot down the fighters?" The answer is they are small, one man fighters and Star Destroyers are built for ship to ship combat, not starfighter defense. As far as the armament goes for the Executor SSD they are as follows:

Armament
Over 5,000 turbolaser batteries and ion cannons[3]
2,000 turbolaser batteries[12]
2,000 heavy turbolaser batteries[12]
250 heavy ion cannons[12]
500 point-defense laser cannons[12]
250 heavy concussion missile batteries[5][7]
40 Phylon Transport Q7 tractor beam projectors[7]
Complement
144 various TIE series starfighters[5]
TIE/ln starfighters[4]
TIE/sa bombers[4]
TIE/In interceptors[4]
TIE/D Defenders[13]
TIE/ad starfighters[14]
Darth Vader's TIE Advanced x1[15]
200 miscellaneous combat and support ships[7]
Gamma-class ATR-6 assault transports[14]
Lambda-class T-4a shuttles[4]
Y-85 Titan dropships[2]
3 prefabricated garrison bases[5][6]
Hundreds of heavy walkers[5]
All Terrain Armored Transports (30)[7]
All Terrain Scout Transports (50)[6][16]
All Terrain Personal Transports[6]
Various speeder bikes and other ground vehicles[5][6]
Supplies for 300,000 individuals[7]
50,000 heavy concussion missiles[5]

The ships were incredibly expensive to build, and fierce competition arose between Kuat Drive Yards and the Fondor shipyards. Fondor eventually won the contract to build the Executor but in secret, an exact duplicate, sister ship was being built simultaneously at KDY. All the expenses of the second "Executor" were attributed to the original to keep up the guise as only 1 was being built. The second ships eventual name was "Lusankya" and eventually buried on the surface of Coruscant and served as Palpatine's personal escape craft in case of emergency.

Originally posted by tex4138:
Lando Calrissian could have been the GOAT. His athleticism was off the charts and his size/speed combo would have presented a terrible matchup for Obi Wan and Luke. Unfortunately, he chose another path so we'll never know.
Unfortunately, he had the midochlorian count of Bennett Salvatore.

Thank you! Thank you!! I'll be here all night!! Enjoy Edison Lighthouse!!

Originally posted by GDforHC:
Originally posted by tex4138:
Lando Calrissian could have been the GOAT. His athleticism was off the charts and his size/speed combo would have presented a terrible matchup for Obi Wan and Luke. Unfortunately, he chose another path so we'll never know.
Unfortunately, he had the midochlorian count of Bennett Salvatore.

Thank you! Thank you!! I'll be here all night!! Enjoy Edison Lighthouse!!

Tears. Priceless...

Originally posted by Slot 9 Right:
Most Powerful Jedi Knights Jedi Knight Greatest Best Jedi Order Jedi Masters Jedi Master of All Time in History of the Star Wars Galaxy Star Wars Universe According to the Genius Vision of George Lucas
1. Luke Skywalker

2. Yoda

3. Aenon Jurtis (Ancient Jedi Master)

4. Obi-Wan Kenobi

5. Kaja Sinis (The Very First Jedi Knight and Jedi Master
and the Founder of the Jedi Order)

6. Mace Windu

7. Ben Skywalker (Son of Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade)

8. Plo Koon

9. Anakin Skywalker (Darth Vader)

10. Ce Ce Denowai (Most Powerful Female Jedi Master
in History of All Time)

11. Princess Leia Organa Skywalker Solo

12. Kyle Katarn

13. Ki Adi Mundi

14. Mara Jade Skywalker

15. Kit Fisto

16. Qui-Gon Jinn

17. Shintor Beerus (Ancient Jedi Master and First
Jedi Padawan Learner)

18. Bontu Sitmus (Whill Jedi Master Who Taught Yoda)

19. Yendar Platis (Ancient Jedi Master with 6 Arms)

20. Anakin Solo (Son of Han Solo and Princess Leia)

Jedi Padawan, Jedi Knight and Jedi Master Ranking System

1. Taskih Padawan - Jedi Padawan in a class younger
than 7 years old

2. Obsiskius - Jedi Padawan in a class 7 years old
or older

3. Quarton - Jedi Padawan apprentice in one on one
training with Jedi Master

4. Markib - Jedi Padawan whose completed Jedi training
under Jedi Master

5. Tarnga - Jedi Knight having successfully passed
the Jedi Trials

6. Herskan - Jedi Knight with their own Jedi Padawan
apprentice

7. Urden Plosk - Jedi Knight whose trained Jedi Padawan
apprentice to full fledged Jedi Knight status

8. Grentorg Civos - Jedi Master allowed to lead other
Jedi Knights

9. Kerton Rimidon - Jedi Master appointed to the Jedi Council

It is noteworthy that Luke Skywalker is by far the most powerful and greatest Jedi Master in history. The second ranked Yoda is no where close to the objective top number one ranking of Luke Skywalker based on the brilliant and ingenious vision George Lucas has for Star Wars.

Forgive the naivete and ignorance but if Luke and Leia are twins, why is he #1 and she #11. Training? Is it a WNJL bias? Jumping ability? Athleticism?

Just curious, no flame.

There's potential and then there's performance. Obviously, Anakin had the potential; dude was spawned by The Force. Yoda probably gets the nod if you base it on performance. Luke and Obi-Wan probably vie for the overall title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT