ADVERTISEMENT

OT Star Wars question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by GDforHC:
Why didn't the Jedi have fundraisers or car washes?
Because the Jedi chick with the nice rack always had to do it, and she eventually said no more because she thought it was demeaning.

After she quit everyone stopped going.

I think that was in book 2.

Another question I have always had is where did they get all those workers from. Were they slaves? Do you let slaves build a Death Star or run the engineering room of a star destroyer? I mean whats in it for them was the pay good? To do something evil like take over the galaxy and blow up planets dont you have to have a certain ideology to back up your beliefs that you were willing to die for? Ok Emporer I get it Vader had anger issues and even the guy who tried to kill dracula probably was in it for the power. But what about the tech guys what was their plan. The other thing that bugs me is why in the hell did the Empire have to build a second death star? They seem to have had unlimited resources wouldnt that time and energy have been put to better use?

Originally posted by Slot 9 Right:
Another question I have always had is where did they get all those workers from. Were they slaves? Do you let slaves build a Death Star or run the engineering room of a star destroyer? I mean whats in it for them was the pay good? To do something evil like take over the galaxy and blow up planets dont you have to have a certain ideology to back up your beliefs that you were willing to die for? Ok Emporer I get it Vader had anger issues and even the guy who tried to kill dracula probably was in it for the power. But what about the tech guys what was their plan. The other thing that bugs me is why in the hell did the Empire have to build a second death star? They seem to have had unlimited resources wouldnt that time and energy have been put to better use?

The Empire did use slave labor to build the death star, at least in part. They enslaved the Wookiee's on Kashyyyk and forced them to work. The Emperor had a strong distrust and disgust with "non-humans". That's why only 1 "non-human" ever rose to the rank of "Grand Admiral".

I think the real question becomes who was the most powerful, non-jedi?

Han Solo?
Chewbacca or another wookie?
Bobba Fet?
Lando Calrisian?
Admiral Ackbar?

They'd need skilled laborers for much of that so they'd use what many here use. Contractors. Speaking of the Death Star, how about that little denial and deception campaign? "We'll leak the plans and location of the new Death Star to lure the rebels into a trap. They won't know it's operational, so we'll wipe them out."

But nobody thought to actually, you know, alter or scrub the blueprints so the rebels wouldn't find a way to destroy it. You know, like the LAST time they blew up a death star? Would love to see that strategy session included in the movie.

Emporer: So that's my plan, they'll think it's not operational, so they'll all die.

Lackey: Uhhh, you're giving them the plans though right? What if they find a weakness, like last time?

Emporer: Not a problem, they'll be destroyed by our operational battle station.

Lackey: But while we're engaging their ships, what if they blow up the death star? It's only half finished, lots of ways in...maybe we could alter the schematics a little bit?

Emporer: What part of this are you not getting? They'll attack, we'll blow them up. I have foreseen it.

Lackey: Well you didn't foresee them blowing up the last...[dies]

Emporer: Any more questions?
This post was edited on 6/20 1:29 PM by PBR_StreetGang

Originally posted by discostu007:
I think the real question becomes who was the most powerful, non-jedi?

Han Solo?
Chewbacca or another wookie?
Bobba Fet?
Lando Calrisian?
Admiral Ackbar?

Depends on what you mean by most powerful. What is clear, though, is that Han Solo should have been put in charge of shit from the beginning. Here's a man who is pragmatic, resourceful and isn't afraid to get his hands dirty to do what needs to be done.

He knew there was no diplomacy to be had with Greedo, so he flat took his ass out after creating an opening. He didn't wait around for due process.

A Jedi would have frozen to death on Hoth because he wouldn't know what to do after escaping the snow creature. Solo guts his mount and stuffs his friend in to keep him warm.

A typical Rebel lackey would have no idea how to defeat the second Death Star. Solo says, "F*ck it. We're going straight into the lion's den to shut this shit down."

Oh, and did I mention that he's the guy who ends up nailing Leia? Yeah, Solo was the Chuck Norris of a galaxy far, far away.

Solo dated well above his midi count. Now do they have tradeschools and sheet? U know fashion design school, cosmetology school,architecture? Also if they had colleges, was there an Aggy college?

For those that are interested and have the Kindle Android App, the Lost Tribe of the Sith books are often free downloads...

Originally posted by SLhorn:
All glory go to Chewbacca dog

Chewbacca-Dog.jpg

laugh.gif

Solo dated well above his midi count. Now do they have tradeschools and sheet? U know fashion design school, cosmetology school,architecture? Also if they had colleges, was there an Aggy college?

2nd post in a row that made me laugh out loud. This time, I had a tuna salad sandwich from Whole Foods that was forced down the wrong windpipe.

Originally posted by mackryan08:
I'm the biggest star wars nerd there is, but getting into debates about who's strongest is pointless. I'm partial to the Sith myself as far as strength and power are concerned, but you can't really determine the true answer since not all of the characters existed in the same time frame, much less fought against each other. Some of the Sith Lords were unbelievably powerful. On the other hand, some of the Jedi were also unbelievably power as well. After really thinking about my previous answer I feel like there is no definitive answer to this question of who's the most powerful.

The 1993 Dallas Cowboys were way better than the 1976 Pittsburgh Steelers......oh wait, wrong thread, nevermind.

Originally posted by clogue33:

2nd post in a row that made me laugh out loud. This time, I had a tuna salad sandwich from Whole Foods that was forced down the wrong windpipe.
Thanks. I aim to please....

The real problem with Anakin was his damn sense of entitlement. I mean you're told you're the chosen one your entire life and you're basically making the cover of the Jedi SI and you tend to lean on that. Also he was as previously stated a huge vagina who never lived up to expectations.

Obi Wan was kind of the Kenny Rogers of it all. Not impressive stuff but he did get the job done when they needed him to. He stablizied the Jedi rotation and when they needed a win on some routine mission he'd go labor through and get it done.

Qui Gon was obviously far underrated and had he lived to Train Anakin just think how awesome he would have been. Kinda like the guy who discovered Tyson.

Mace Windu was the OG of the galaxy. You know what it says on his wallet and he was not to be trifled with. He could pull his cruiser around and park it on the curb like a straight G and then stare down anyone who wanted to say something about it. He may not have had all the wisdom for leadership but he was at the time the elite of the elite soldiers on the counsel.

Originally posted by 40acrefanatic:
The real problem with Anakin was his damn sense of entitlement. I mean you're told you're the chosen one your entire life and you're basically making the cover of the Jedi SI and you tend to lean on that. Also he was as previously stated a huge vagina who never lived up to expectations.

Obi Wan was kind of the Kenny Rogers of it all. Not impressive stuff but he did get the job done when they needed him to. He stablizied the Jedi rotation and when they needed a win on some routine mission he'd go labor through and get it done.

Qui Gon was obviously far underrated and had he lived to Train Anakin just think how awesome he would have been. Kinda like the guy who discovered Tyson.

Mace Windu was the OG of the galaxy. You know what it says on his wallet and he was not to be trifled with. He could pull his cruiser around and park it on the curb like a straight G and then stare down anyone who wanted to say something about it. He may not have had all the wisdom for leadership but he was at the time the elite of the elite soldiers on the counsel.

Best post on the thread.

Hard to argue. Like the Windu analogy. I think he's the only Jedi you would classify as "likes to fight guy." Probably would've been an Ohio St fan.

I think every other Jedi would avoid conflict, but I doubt Windu would.

Mace Windu was the OG of the galaxy. You know what it says on his wallet and he was not to be trifled with.
According to Jackson it says it on his lightsaber as well.

Hard to argue. Like the Windu analogy. I think he's the only Jedi you would classify as "likes to fight guy." Probably would've been an Ohio St fan.

Windu reminds me of the great frontline worker who gets promoted to management and is suddenly not able to do the things he is best at. You know this happened in the Council a time or two:

Yoda: "Great disturbances on Naboo, there are. A committee we should form."

Windu: "Committee my ass. Let's just go wreck that shit."

Yoda: "You must control your anger, Master Windu. To the dark side it will lead."

Windu: "Look, Yoda. The motherf*cking Sith Lord is scheming against us right now, and we're going to sit back and talk about shit?"

Yoda: "A committee we must form."

Windu: "Whatever, asshole."

Originally posted by CS:

Windu reminds me of the great frontline worker who gets promoted to management and is suddenly not able to do the things he is best at. You know this happened in the Council a time or two:

Yoda: "You must control your anger, Master Windu. To the dark side it will lead."

Windu: "Look, Yoda. The motherf*cking Sith Lord is scheming against us right now, and we're going to sit back and talk about shit?"

Read the Mace lines in S. Jackson's voice.
laugh.gif

One thing though. Let's just be real. The last line would have been "Whateva n****"

Originally posted by CS:

Yoda: In the Jedi council, one must check oneself before one wrecks oneself.

Originally posted by bigeye6912:
Ron broke his wand right before year 2 at hogwarts. before year 3, the weasley family had won the daily prophet grand prize which enabled them to go to egypt and replace ron's wand. as a 13 or 14 year old kid, ron couldn't have pulled off avada kedavra, but he could have used petrificus totalis or stupefy, which would have put anakin/vader out of commission, at which point he could have been killed muggle style (with knife, gun, blunt object etc.) i'd still take a wand.
It's pretty damn hard to yell Petros Papafakis when the Chosen one is choking you from 50 feet away.

Now, that may work on Obi Wan, provided Weasley ain't drunk from butter beer or whatever those people drink.
No Ron would just bust out with one of those non-verbal spells and take his ass out.

Originally posted by Texaspry:
Darth Vader = Lebron
At present its more like Anakin = LeBron. More naturally gifted than all of his peers but gets taken down by the wiley veteran.

Originally posted by Her co-star in the beaver picture:
Obiwan let anakin win.

Anakin was 1-1 against count chocula, he killed a bunch of kids who thought he was their buddy, he killed obiwan who let him win, and then he killed the emperor, who thought anakin was his buddy, and while he was electrocuting someone else.

Obiwan's wins were all very decisive. He may not have been the best guy out there, but he was the go-to guy for the jedi council. Any time something important needed to be done, he was the guy they called. And they intentionally created gay missions to keep anakin out of the way.

Jedi master: Hey obi-wan, how about you go kill general grevous?
Anakin: do you want me to help?
Jedi master: no, we have a really important mission for you. We need you to go kick it with the emperor. I think he's going to the opera tonight. Stay close to him, and whatever you do, don't go on this mission wth obiwan.
Anakin: for reals?
Obiwan: yeah man, this is such an important mission. Go hang out with the emperor, and tell me all about the opera when I get back from killing these bad guys. I've been meaning to catch this one myself while its in town, but I'm always off on missions.
Anakin: oh ok
I think the moral of that story is dont be friends with Anakin Skywalker. Mom - dead, Qui Gon - dead, Obiwan - dead, Padme - dead, Windu - dead, Emperor - dead. Dude even chopped his son's hand off.

Originally posted by Brutalhorn:
There's potential and then there's performance. Obviously, Anakin had the potential; dude was spawned by The Force. Yoda probably gets the nod if you base it on performance. Luke and Obi-Wan probably vie for the overall title.
This is the general idea. But did Anakin really have all that potential? Maybe if he started his training earlier. But they said he was too old. So clearly, his ceiling was lower than it could have been.

Is it based on midi count? At what point do you start getting diminishing returns from your midi level. There's a reason the scale only goes up to 20,000. At some point it stops mattering. Midi count isn't everything. I think that over a certain point, you can be a Jedi, but you still have to work hard on your Jedi skills. Things like having a 100-foot vertical and moving shit around with your mind aren't just there. You have to train, and Anakin didn't work as hard as he should have. He was too sensitive, and didn't take criticism well from his superiors, and that's why he was never that great.

And was his midi count really that high? Those rapid midi tests are just a screening. You have to follow up with studies that have a higher specificity. What if the specimen was hemolyzed?

By the way, the whole midi thing is gay. Another massive failure by George Lucas, who is a turd.

Originally posted by Her co-star in the beaver picture:

Originally posted by Brutalhorn:
There's potential and then there's performance. Obviously, Anakin had the potential; dude was spawned by The Force. Yoda probably gets the nod if you base it on performance. Luke and Obi-Wan probably vie for the overall title.
This is the general idea. But did Anakin really have all that potential? Maybe if he started his training earlier. But they said he was too old. So clearly, his ceiling was lower than it could have been.

Is it based on midi count? At what point do you start getting diminishing returns from your midi level. There's a reason the scale only goes up to 20,000. At some point it stops mattering. Midi count isn't everything. I think that over a certain point, you can be a Jedi, but you still have to work hard on your Jedi skills. Things like having a 100-foot vertical and moving shit around with your mind aren't just there. You have to train, and Anakin didn't work as hard as he should have. He was too sensitive, and didn't take criticism well from his superiors, and that's why he was never that great.

And was his midi count really that high? Those rapid midi tests are just a screening. You have to follow up with studies that have a higher specificity. What if the specimen was hemolyzed?

By the way, the whole midi thing is gay. Another massive failure by George Lucas, who is a turd.
Even with the late start to Jedi training Anakin had a higher ceiling than any other Jedi. He just got overconfident which lead to his epic fail battle with Obiwan. If he had stayed with the Jedi or not gotten jacked so bad Obiwan he would have been the best ever. Once the machines were added all of his athleticism was gone. He never allowed himself to reach his full potential.

As for the Midi count. It is a major factor. Obiwan even said that no jedi, not even Yoda, had a midi count that high. Wouldnt have said it if it wasnt relevant to Anakin's potential to be a BAMF. And the sample was reliable. The hand held module was only a transmition device to the large CPU on Padme's Nubian cruiser.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT