ADVERTISEMENT

OT: US just sent 4 of these to Norway

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
Wonder whats up.. from Dyess to Norway ...about a 3 hours flight.long way from the B52'

Bad ass plane...

Last edited:
they just had a deal on the History Channel about those guys. They are designed to fly something like 200 ft above ground level terrain hugging and all that. They said at that height the DB level is equivilent to a bomb going off.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
they just had a deal on the History Channel about those guys. They are designed to fly something like 200 ft above ground level terrain hugging and all that. They said at that height the DB level is equivilent to a bomb going off.
We had to develop super sonic bombers to combat the Russian radar gains they made in the 1970s. Our B52s couldn't fly high enough to escape the Russian ground to air missiles. But this monster could fly MOE (map of the earth) on the deck and so fast that once they DID show up on radar, they were past it before the Russians could get an accurate lock on radar and fire off missiles.
Of course, the Russians figured out a way to counter that, and then we came out with stealth fighter bombers (F-117 wobbly goblin) and then the B-2.

Here's the Russian super sonic bomber.

We had to develop super sonic bombers to combat the Russian radar gains they made in the 1970s. Our B52s couldn't fly high enough to escape the Russian ground to air missiles. But this monster could fly MOE (map of the earth) on the deck and so fast that once they DID show up on radar, they were past it before the Russians could get an accurate lock on radar and fire off missiles.
Of course, the Russians figured out a way to counter that, and then we came out with stealth fighter bombers (F-117 wobbly goblin) and then the B-2.

Here's the Russian super sonic bomber.

Good stuff

Wobbly goblin brings back memories. My shop built FLIRs and DLIRs for them. Up until I got cleared, I thought we were equipping shuttles.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT