ADVERTISEMENT

OT: What the hell has happened to Monday Night Football???

Metcalf #2

Feb 23, 2011
So I just happened to stop flipping channels on ESPN, just because I saw the Cowboys. Holy crap long gone are the days of Gifford and Michaels huh? That shit sounds like a Mountain West football broadcast. Smh. Sad. Oh well, on to Tomb Raider.

I miss Gruden. He made MNF games seem important and fun. I loved his enthusiasm. He should have stayed in the booth, but I can't blame him for going back into coaching. $100MM is impossible to turn down.

So I just happened to stop flipping channels on ESPN, just because I saw the Cowboys. Holy crap long gone are the days of Gifford and Michaels huh? That shit sounds like a Mountain West football broadcast. Smh. Sad. Oh well, on to Tomb Raider.
Tomb Raider? Wtf?

Not judging you, Metcalf. If video games are your thing, more power to you. Thing is, how did BBR know your age? That's kinda scary, lol. :D

Reactions: Metcalf #2
Not judging you, Metcalf. If video games are your thing, more power to you. Thing is, how did BBR know your age? That's kinda scary, lol. :D

Right? I'm changing passwords, deleting histories, and locking doors and windows right now. Lol.

Seriously though, I've known BBR on the interwebs since about 2001. He probably knows enough to make an educated guess.

Reactions: westx

It's better than watching the ****ing Cowboys, I guaran-damn-tee that.

Watching this shit show is just infuriating.

Titans are 10-13 on 3rd down for goodness sakes. Mariota will not play another game like this in his entire NFL career.

Cowboys will cure all that ails your offense and defense.

Right? I'm changing passwords, deleting histories, and locking doors and windows right now. Lol.

Seriously though, I've known BBR on the interwebs since about 2001. He probably knows enough to make an educated guess.

No need to sit nightwatch on my account, compadre. It was indeed just a semi-educated guess. :D

I'm guessing you never played video games?
First, I thought maybe you were watching a movie or something that had been out for over a decade. Thought maybe you had an Angelina Jolie fetish or something.

And yes-- I played video games when I was younger. Pac man, galaga, centipeed, donkey Kong..... and then I turned 12. =)roll=)roll

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
You do know there's a new Tomb Raider movie out? Video games have come a long way since Pac Man, bruh. In fact most are now more suitable for adults than children.

First, I thought maybe you were watching a movie or something that had been out for over a decade. Thought maybe you had an Angelina Jolie fetish or something.

And yes-- I played video games when I was younger. Pac man, galaga, centipeed, donkey Kong..... and then I turned 12. =)roll=)roll

Mine were Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. Then responsibility took over. I couldn't tell you the last time that I played a video game, lol.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
You do know there's a new Tomb Raider movie out? Video games have come a long way since Pac Man, bruh. In fact most are now more suitable for adults than children.
I did not know there was a new tomb raider movie.

I know most video games that I see commercials for are about robbing people's cars and shooting idiot zombies.... but since I don't have kids.....

I think it’s about demographics. NFL looking for a younger audience. All about analytics and technical aspects. Listen to the announcers through the game. It’s not about being a bigger than life personality anymore. Calm and cool and hit the interesting nuances of the game.

Mine were Pac Man, Ms. Pac Man, Donkey Kong and Super Mario Bros. Then responsibility took over. I couldn't tell you the last time that I played a video game, lol.

What? You mean I've been doing it wrong all these years? I honestly didn't realize responsibility meant no free time, no hobbies, no recreation. Damn I guess I better stop watching football, and posting on a sports forum, too!

I think it’s about demographics. NFL looking for a younger audience. All about analytics and technical aspects. Listen to the announcers through the game. It’s not about being a bigger than life personality anymore. Calm and cool and hit the interesting nuances of the game.

I disagree. I was young once, and great voices like Gifford and Michaels made the games feel better. Today's youngsters are even more picky and critical. If this is meant to impress them, I dare say they're doing it wrong.

Baaah....you really couldn't be considered the King of the Arcade if you didn't master Defender or Stargate....Now THOSE were video games....

Baaah....you really couldn't be considered the King of the Arcade if you didn't master Defender or Stargate....Now THOSE were video games....

These are all nice games you guys bring up, but c'mon now, errbody knows Galaga, Frogger, and Dig Dug were the arcade kings.

I started playing with Asteroids and Pac Man and then switched over to Counter Strike then Raven-Shield and then BF Vietnam, BF2, COD all versions, Diablo 2 , Expansion, Warcraft, and then done the bot running, and then a few online and got tired after the games went 70-89 bucks and quit..

Hook'em

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT