ADVERTISEMENT

OT: World Cup

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
So who ya got? Haters welcome.... out of the favorites, I'll take Germany. Longshot: England. Longshot to make the knockout stages: Serbia or Egypt.

Stat I wish they would keep: The team that cries the most on the turf. My guess is Mexico.

Kickball. Yawn.

MM, let me help you out. (Tongue in check) Let me give you a guide. We'll call it "Soccer for haters." So when you see replays, instead of throwing your beer at the tv, try to appreciate the talent it takes to kick a ball with your feet into a soccer goal with 11 men trying to block the scorer. Some of these goals are quite spectacular. The idea is to make as few touches on the ball while putting oneself in a position to score. It's quite graceful, like Clob on an airplane full of beauty contestants.

I'm reading along and sort of agreeing with you and then all the sudden you remind me of the epic sh!tty luck I have on flights and the bridge troll I was forced to sit next to on that flight. Water water everywhere, and not a drop to drink.

That's just cold man.....

MM, let me help you out. (Tongue in check) Let me give you a guide. We'll call it "Soccer for haters." So when you see replays, instead of throwing your beer at the tv, try to appreciate the talent it takes to kick a ball with your feet into a soccer goal with 11 men trying to block the scorer. Some of these goals are quite spectacular. The idea is to make as few touches on the ball while putting oneself in a position to score. It's quite graceful, like Clob on an airplane full of beauty contestants.

I love to see Brazil lose in kickball and those nutjobs lose their minds and start threatening to kill people. =)roll
One of my business partners is a French guy who is married to a Brazilian woman. You can not imagine the potential animosity in their home right now. If france makes it to the semi-finals, they would play brazil (assuming brazil makes it). They've both told each other not to worry about having any sex for a while if this match up happens.

Soccer fans are fvcking weird.

Russia is playing the kingdom of 9/11 attackers right now and I've noticed some glaring things about the game.

First, Russia is white. I mean, Lilly white. Like, Berchtesgaden white. I'm watching it on telemundo because I want to hear that Mexican dude scream "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!" when someone scores AND telemundo has camera man designated to scan through the crowd and find the local hotties. And boy howdy...... there is some serious Russian talent on display at this game. I know we as Americans are supposed to be upset at Russia trying to meddle in our elections....... but I just can't get upset at a place full of girls that look like Mila Kunis and Ani Lorak.

Russia is playing the kingdom of 9/11 attackers right now and I've noticed some glaring things about the game.

First, Russia is white. I mean, Lilly white. Like, Berchtesgaden white. I'm watching it on telemundo because I want to hear that Mexican dude scream "Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!!" when someone scores AND telemundo has camera man designated to scan through the crowd and find the local hotties. And boy howdy...... there is some serious Russian talent on display at this game. I know we as Americans are supposed to be upset at Russia trying to meddle in our elections....... but I just can't get upset at a place full of girls that look like Mila Kunis and Ani Lorak.
Tries to find Telemundo streaming online....looking for a friend

MM, see it's not all bad.:)

MM, see it's not all bad.:)

I hope the traditional kickball powers all get beat and some nobody team wins it all. The consternation, frustration and death threats by some of the nut job fans is priceless when their team loses. Kickball fan. :rolleyes: =)roll

I hope the traditional kickball powers all get beat and some nobody team wins it all. The consternation, frustration and death threats by some of the nut job fans is priceless when their team loses. Kickball fan. :rolleyes: =)roll
MM is rooting for Iceland.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Wouldn't mind seeing this feisty one in the Men's
brutal-womens-football-fouls-soccer-1332883010B.gif

I don't care who you are..... if this video doest give you goose bumps all over, you've lost your soul. Here's why:

Though I truly don't give a poo about soccer, what I do love is a good underdog. What I also love is team work. One heart beat. The splendor of things that can be accomplished when everyone is moving in lock step is truly magnificent. Iceland is a NATION of just 340,000 people-- a little larger than the city of corpus Christi. There are 100 professional soccer players in Iceland. That's it. Most all play at minor club levels. All have day jobs. One guy is a dentist. Today, little bitty Iceland took on a powerhouse soccer nation in Argentina. Argentina has this guy named Lionel Messi who is arguably the best soccer player in the world. His feet are as soft as jerry rice's hands, he passes like magic johnson, and he's almost as clutch as Michael jordan------ except for today. Messi had a free kick on goal today for the win and was stuffed in what ended as a 1-1 tie with Iceland.

Who stuffed him? The goalie----- who is a film director. Prior to the world cup coca cola commissioned him to do a coca cola commercial to help the world understand what the Iceland "thunder clap" is all about. This commercial will help you understand what can be accomplished when everyone is on board, moving in one direction.

One heart beat.

MM, I know you hate kickball, but right now--- little bitty Iceland is giving big bad Argentina all they want.

Well I'll be damned. I thought they were both little bitty. You know a sport is f*cked when Argentina gets described as big and bad.

I don't care who you are..... if this video doest give you goose bumps all over, you've lost your soul. Here's why:

Though I truly don't give a poo about soccer, what I do love is a good underdog. What I also love is team work. One heart beat. The splendor of things that can be accomplished when everyone is moving in lock step is truly magnificent. Iceland is a NATION of just 340,000 people-- a little larger than the city of corpus Christi. There are 100 professional soccer players in Iceland. That's it. Most all play at minor club levels. All have day jobs. One guy is a dentist. Today, little bitty Iceland took on a powerhouse soccer nation in Argentina. Argentina has this guy named Lionel Messi who is arguably the best soccer player in the world. His feet are as soft as jerry rice's hands, he passes like magic johnson, and he's almost as clutch as Michael jordan------ except for today. Messi had a free kick on goal today for the win and was stuffed in what ended as a 1-1 tie with Iceland.

Who stuffed him? The goalie----- who is a film director. Prior to the world cup coca cola commissioned him to do a coca cola commercial to help the world understand what the Iceland "thunder clap" is all about. This commercial will help you understand what can be accomplished when everyone is on board, moving in one direction.

One heart beat.
That's cool. Since, no USA in this CUP, I will root for them. I also root for anybody playing Mexico. I shouldn't dislike them so much, since I am of Mexican descent, but I just do.

That's cool. Since, no USA in this CUP, I will root for them. I also root for anybody playing Mexico. I shouldn't dislike them so much, since I am of Mexican descent, but I just do.
And presently leading defending champs Germany 1 nil.

What does it mean when there is a tie (not sure why there should ever be a tie)? Does it hurt or help you?
So a win gets you 3 points. A tie gets you 1. A loss obviously gets you zero. After you play all 3 teams in your group, the 2 teams with the most points from each group move on to the knock out rounds. Iceland forcing a tie with Argentina was the equivalent of a win for them. Argentina was a heavy favorite.

ADVERTISEMENT