OU football players go BOOM

westx

Dec 6, 2009
I think their egos and feelings were hurt more than the ass beating.

bschroed21

Sep 6, 2006
Oh man, rolling around in all that urine. Hard to Pee when guys are brawling right behind you! Ha ha.

Reactions: okiehorn

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
I remember the same thing happened to one of our former linebackers. He went against the wrong man and was knocked out without even landing a punch.

Being big and lifting weights is great, but if you mess skilled fighter, you will get wrecked.

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
Apparently this player is a receiver. He must be a practice squad guy, I've never heard of him. Somebody said he may be a long snapper too? Who knows. There must have been some sort of pre scuffle leading up to this or at least it seems like there was

Heisennberg

Feb 13, 2014
here and there
Apparently this player is a receiver. He must be a practice squad guy, I've never heard of him. Somebody said he may be a long snapper too? Who knows. There must have been some sort of pre scuffle leading up to this or at least it seems like there was

Spencer jones, i think he's trying to be the nation's best holder but is a wr too. Turtleneck guy is a former wr that was on the 2018 roster but didnt play.

DrinkToIt

Feb 27, 2006
Damn, I can't stop watching it, and the PBP guy is awesome, I'd love to listen to him calling real MMA fights.

Hes like a younger poor man's Dick Vitale. It's hilarious.

I like how the one dude looks over to his buddy like "are you ready to **** these guys up?"

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
Just stupid. I thought going to a bar was supposed to be relaxing. The fight was likely over something extremely stupid.

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Look this goes beyond being an OK fb player it doesn't matter who started it that's irrelevant now.

Look Spencer Jones future has changed forever. Even if he doesn't lose all sight he lost most of it. Finishing school, and knowing to work for a living will require psychological, and emotional adjustments.

And the guy who did should face felony charges and if convicted he will deserve to be in prison and hopefully for awhile.

Last edited:

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
Look this goes beyond being an OK fb player it doesn't matter who started it that's irrelevant now.

Look Spencer Jones future has changed forever. Even if he doesn't lose all sight he lost most of it. Finishing school, and knowing to work for a living will require psychological, and emotional adjustments.

And the guy who did should face felony charges and if convicted he will deserve to be in prison and hopefully for awhile.

Do you constantly live yout life as a victim? Everything matters, who started it who escalated it and who finished it. This is like saying doesn’t matter if a criminal shot at you, you shot back and harmed him.

Let all the facts come out, then let the courts decide. Something had to happen for the MMA kid to have a bloody nose.

DrinkToIt

Feb 27, 2006

Spencer and his bro sure don't look like victims in the video. They are standing all bad ass towering over these guys like they run the place and they are talking shit. I don't see the two fighter brothers saying anything. All they do is end it. Sorry for Spencer if he loses his sight but he should have thought about that before talking shit to these guys.

Unless there is going to be some big revelation showing otherwise then I'm not that sorry for these guys.

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
From what I understand talking trash does not warrant the kind of damage that was done to Spencer Jones. Did Jones threaten him with a lethal weapon? Apparently not. Was the assailant intoxicated? This is wrong.

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
From what I understand talking trash does not warrant the kind of damage that was done to Spencer Jones. Did Jones threaten him with a lethal weapon? Apparently not. Was the assailant intoxicated? This is wrong.
There's such thing as deserving an ass whipping and such thing as too much of an ass whipping. We don't know the entire story. And yes, sometimes the ass whipping may not fit the crime. But again, we don't know the whole story. Maybe we give it a few days until the facts come out and then weigh the details.

But a good rule of thumb is-- in the immortal words of Ice Cube --- "don't start none, won't be none."

JonBinge

Oct 8, 2016
A true warrior prays for peace for this very reason. They were fighting in a congested bathroom against larger fellas. Once there is physical engagement you have to end the threat. Period. I don’t pretend to know the context and what led up to this but from what it appears the football players may have signed up for this. Fights aren’t pretty boys. And today’s fights can be much more dangerous than in times past. A lot of cats are trained and know how to inflict severe damage far beyond two big drunk guys lofting haymakers.

Reactions: DrinkToIt

Hark after Dark

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2007
Do you constantly live yout life as a victim? Everything matters, who started it who escalated it and who finished it. This is like saying doesn’t matter if a criminal shot at you, you shot back and harmed him.

Let all the facts come out, then let the courts decide. Something had to happen for the MMA kid to have a bloody nose.
Agreed. I had a good friend placed on probation bc a guy twice his size entered his property, threatened him and his wife and was intoxicated...my friend had a martial arts background and used it to keep the guy away...my friend damaged the guys eye and got in trouble for it...even though he was defending himself and his wife...the system sucks sometimes....my friend said the guy was on something serious bc he hit him with every shot he had and the guy kept coming forward like a zombie...

Reactions: soonersoldier

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Agreed. I had a good friend placed on probation bc a guy twice his size entered his property, threatened him and his wife and was intoxicated...my friend had a martial arts background and used it to keep the guy away...my friend damaged the guys eye and got in trouble for it...even though he was defending himself and his wife...the system sucks sometimes....my friend said the guy was on something serious bc he hit him with every shot he had and the guy kept coming forward like a zombie...
Two things-- if you're on my property and acting aggressively, it's already too late. You're a threat.
Second thing, this is why God invented high speed lead projectiles.

DHHorn

Dec 10, 2014
Both sides looked like they were ok with getting in a fight as neither was trying to avoid it. At that point you pretty much assume the risks of what might happen. Like someone else said, if you don’t want to risk getting hurt then you better leave the situation.

dj701919

Nov 20, 2012

For once, I totally agree. Fortunately, Norman law enforcement find assault to be a serious crime. Unless, the assault is perpetrated by the 220 lb future NFL RB on a 5 ft tall, 100 lb woman.

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
I'm just going to assue that the guy who threw the first punch in the video didn't just spontainously get a bloody nose, so I'm going to assue that there was an altercation before the video. Don't know what it was or who started it, but generally speaking most people who train in a combat sport understand that being the aggressor in a fight can destroy your future. Of course this is Oklahoma and it is known as the land of the douche bags so it's still anyone's guess.

We will know more as the facts come out, but I kinda feel like the football players were the aggressors and ended up finding out the hard way that football isn't a combat sport. I had one friend die in a bar fight because he picked a fight with the wrong dude. There is never a winner in a bar fight as many times the escalation leads to very very bad consequences.

And Clob, high speed lead has been replaced with high speed brass, and it it is quality it will have a steel core. :cool:

outhereincali

May 30, 2015

You do realize that criminal trespassing and a fight in a bar bathroom are not the same thing.

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I'm sorry but I think some of you guys are ok with this because he's an OK fb player. I don't understand just because Joe Mixon beat a woman a woman a few years ago means another OK player deserved it.

I mean has the OK game gotten so out of hand for you that you cheer this kind of behavior? I read some of these replies and I'm starting to wonder. Who knows what the reaction would have been if the victim was Spencer Rattler.

Hark after Dark

Gold Member
Sep 20, 2007
You do realize that criminal trespassing and a fight in a bar bathroom are not the same thing.
You do realize that having a martial arts background and training holds you to a different type of accountability...and can be used against you by the guy with no training in a fight he loses...

DrinkToIt

Feb 27, 2006
I'm sorry but I think some of you guys are ok with this because he's an OK fb player. I don't understand just because Joe Mixon beat a woman a woman a few years ago means another OK player deserved it.

I mean has the OK game gotten so out of hand for you that you cheer this kind of behavior? I read some of these replies and I'm starting to wonder. Who knows what the reaction would have been if the victim was Spencer Rattler.

Not at all. These football players don't look like victims. They look like tough guys that picked on smaller dudes then learned their lesson the hard way. Im glad Rattler has the brains to not get into bar fights. The brothers aren't the ones talking mess.

HornNation101

1986 UT Grad and OEF US Army Combat Veteran
Gold Member
Jan 18, 2011
Fredericksburg, Texas
Well I loved this video. I thought the one guy asked his brother "which one do you want?" The bigger OU players just got their asses kicked like punks. The Ou players were talking their crap and then boom they got urine in the face from like 100 guys who pissed on that floor. F them.

Son of Wasatch

Jan 9, 2012
I didn't care one bit that it was a former Texas linebacker who got destroyed on 6th street about 10 years ago also by an MMA fighter.

Don't pick fights and you won't need to have your eye socket repaired. It's a pretty simple concept he has to learn the hard way.

Personally I think he is lucky, like I said a few post up, about 25 years ago I had to go to the funeral of a good buddy of mine who picked a fight with a guy who happened to be gang bangers, they didn't beat him they blew him away.

Reactions: DrinkToIt

clob94

Aug 25, 2014

Cali-- it strikes me that the well minded intentions that you believe man kind possesses is prevalent in all members of society. And it's admirable that you feel this way. You think that inherently, all people are good. And there's a part of me that agrees with you.

But what you don't realize is, that we as a species aren't as advanced as you think we are. We aren't too far away from being cavemen. Not far at all in fact.
Don't believe me? Look how we act when a minor global incident happens. Or a natural disaster may or may not be about to happen (storm/weather). We hoard things. We choose ourselves over our neighbors. We fight over toys and TVs during black Friday sales. We shoot people in the streets during protests and riots over actions they had nothing to do with. We shun people because their ancestors may or may not have oppressed people that weren't even alive in our lifetime.
We simply aren't as civil as the image you have in your head. Does that suck? Ya--- honestly it kinda sucks. But it's a reality.

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
Cali-- it strikes me that the well minded intentions that you believe man kind possesses is prevalent in all members of society. And it's admirable that you feel this way. You think that inherently, all people are good. And there's a part of me that agrees with you.

But what you don't realize is, that we as a species aren't as advanced as you think we are. We aren't too far away from being cavemen. Not far at all in fact.
Don't believe me? Look how we act when a minor global incident happens. Or a natural disaster may or may not be about to happen (storm/weather). We hoard things. We choose ourselves over our neighbors. We fight over toys and TVs during black Friday sales. We shoot people in the streets during protests and riots over actions they had nothing to do with. We shun people because their ancestors may or may not have oppressed people that weren't even alive in our lifetime.
We simply aren't as civil as the image you have in your head. Does that suck? Ya--- honestly it kinda sucks. But it's a reality.
What do you expect, we evolved from monkeys

outhereincali

May 30, 2015

I don't think all people are good some are born evil Hitler, and Charles Manson to name a couple. But all of this other stuff you posted hold on there.

You're reading to much into what I posted. I said that I'm starting to wonder if people are siding with those brothers because they put a beating an OK fb player. And there was no between the lines message in my reply.