ADVERTISEMENT

OU football players go BOOM

I think their egos and feelings were hurt more than the ass beating.

Oh man, rolling around in all that urine. Hard to Pee when guys are brawling right behind you! Ha ha.

Reactions: okiehorn
I remember the same thing happened to one of our former linebackers. He went against the wrong man and was knocked out without even landing a punch.

Being big and lifting weights is great, but if you mess skilled fighter, you will get wrecked.

Apparently this player is a receiver. He must be a practice squad guy, I've never heard of him. Somebody said he may be a long snapper too? Who knows. There must have been some sort of pre scuffle leading up to this or at least it seems like there was

Apparently this player is a receiver. He must be a practice squad guy, I've never heard of him. Somebody said he may be a long snapper too? Who knows. There must have been some sort of pre scuffle leading up to this or at least it seems like there was

Spencer jones, i think he's trying to be the nation's best holder but is a wr too. Turtleneck guy is a former wr that was on the 2018 roster but didnt play.

Damn, I can't stop watching it, and the PBP guy is awesome, I'd love to listen to him calling real MMA fights.

Hes like a younger poor man's Dick Vitale. It's hilarious.

I like how the one dude looks over to his buddy like "are you ready to **** these guys up?"

Just stupid. I thought going to a bar was supposed to be relaxing. The fight was likely over something extremely stupid.

Look this goes beyond being an OK fb player it doesn't matter who started it that's irrelevant now.

Look Spencer Jones future has changed forever. Even if he doesn't lose all sight he lost most of it. Finishing school, and knowing to work for a living will require psychological, and emotional adjustments.

And the guy who did should face felony charges and if convicted he will deserve to be in prison and hopefully for awhile.

Last edited:
Look this goes beyond being an OK fb player it doesn't matter who started it that's irrelevant now.

Look Spencer Jones future has changed forever. Even if he doesn't lose all sight he lost most of it. Finishing school, and knowing to work for a living will require psychological, and emotional adjustments.

And the guy who did should face felony charges and if convicted he will deserve to be in prison and hopefully for awhile.

Do you constantly live yout life as a victim? Everything matters, who started it who escalated it and who finished it. This is like saying doesn’t matter if a criminal shot at you, you shot back and harmed him.

Let all the facts come out, then let the courts decide. Something had to happen for the MMA kid to have a bloody nose.

Spencer and his bro sure don't look like victims in the video. They are standing all bad ass towering over these guys like they run the place and they are talking shit. I don't see the two fighter brothers saying anything. All they do is end it. Sorry for Spencer if he loses his sight but he should have thought about that before talking shit to these guys.

Unless there is going to be some big revelation showing otherwise then I'm not that sorry for these guys.

From what I understand talking trash does not warrant the kind of damage that was done to Spencer Jones. Did Jones threaten him with a lethal weapon? Apparently not. Was the assailant intoxicated? This is wrong.

From what I understand talking trash does not warrant the kind of damage that was done to Spencer Jones. Did Jones threaten him with a lethal weapon? Apparently not. Was the assailant intoxicated? This is wrong.
There's such thing as deserving an ass whipping and such thing as too much of an ass whipping. We don't know the entire story. And yes, sometimes the ass whipping may not fit the crime. But again, we don't know the whole story. Maybe we give it a few days until the facts come out and then weigh the details.

But a good rule of thumb is-- in the immortal words of Ice Cube --- "don't start none, won't be none."

A true warrior prays for peace for this very reason. They were fighting in a congested bathroom against larger fellas. Once there is physical engagement you have to end the threat. Period. I don’t pretend to know the context and what led up to this but from what it appears the football players may have signed up for this. Fights aren’t pretty boys. And today’s fights can be much more dangerous than in times past. A lot of cats are trained and know how to inflict severe damage far beyond two big drunk guys lofting haymakers.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
Do you constantly live yout life as a victim? Everything matters, who started it who escalated it and who finished it. This is like saying doesn’t matter if a criminal shot at you, you shot back and harmed him.

Let all the facts come out, then let the courts decide. Something had to happen for the MMA kid to have a bloody nose.
Agreed. I had a good friend placed on probation bc a guy twice his size entered his property, threatened him and his wife and was intoxicated...my friend had a martial arts background and used it to keep the guy away...my friend damaged the guys eye and got in trouble for it...even though he was defending himself and his wife...the system sucks sometimes....my friend said the guy was on something serious bc he hit him with every shot he had and the guy kept coming forward like a zombie...

Reactions: soonersoldier
Agreed. I had a good friend placed on probation bc a guy twice his size entered his property, threatened him and his wife and was intoxicated...my friend had a martial arts background and used it to keep the guy away...my friend damaged the guys eye and got in trouble for it...even though he was defending himself and his wife...the system sucks sometimes....my friend said the guy was on something serious bc he hit him with every shot he had and the guy kept coming forward like a zombie...
Two things-- if you're on my property and acting aggressively, it's already too late. You're a threat.
Second thing, this is why God invented high speed lead projectiles.

Both sides looked like they were ok with getting in a fight as neither was trying to avoid it. At that point you pretty much assume the risks of what might happen. Like someone else said, if you don’t want to risk getting hurt then you better leave the situation.

For once, I totally agree. Fortunately, Norman law enforcement find assault to be a serious crime. Unless, the assault is perpetrated by the 220 lb future NFL RB on a 5 ft tall, 100 lb woman.

I'm just going to assue that the guy who threw the first punch in the video didn't just spontainously get a bloody nose, so I'm going to assue that there was an altercation before the video. Don't know what it was or who started it, but generally speaking most people who train in a combat sport understand that being the aggressor in a fight can destroy your future. Of course this is Oklahoma and it is known as the land of the douche bags so it's still anyone's guess.

We will know more as the facts come out, but I kinda feel like the football players were the aggressors and ended up finding out the hard way that football isn't a combat sport. I had one friend die in a bar fight because he picked a fight with the wrong dude. There is never a winner in a bar fight as many times the escalation leads to very very bad consequences.

And Clob, high speed lead has been replaced with high speed brass, and it it is quality it will have a steel core. :cool:

ADVERTISEMENT