ADVERTISEMENT

OU Volleyball program has gone Uber woke!!!

Drtxhorn

Feb 13, 2016
New Braunfels
What say you Belldozer? I think you would agree this clown of a coach should be immediately fired. Harassing a star player over her conservative views may play well in liberal states like CA and NY but I’m shocked that no OU alumni has demanded that he be fired. I actually agree with everything she expressed even her comments about the UT fight song controversy.

Voter fraud, political prisoners, and indoctrination. Hmmm, are we on course for an elite class of failed countries?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ou_suks2008
Just par for the course. Meanwhile Dipshit Joe is being forced to release $350 billion in covid hoax relief funds to fund additional police in areas overrun with crime after his disastrous allowing of defund the police to actually take place.

There is no question he and circle are trying to take this country down. What a total failure he is and it’s just been 6 months. Just wait until inflation really hits.

By the way, “where’s Hunter” oh never mind, I see he’s on the front page news again with a story about Dildo Joe paying $25,000 to cover his prostitution habit. Let’s see a show of hands here who’s going to buy Hunter’s artwork. No hands raised because it’ll go through back channels of payoff to Hunter for access to Daddy.

The Biden’s are as crooked and corrupt as they come.

Next thing I know someone will tell me that Biden is wanting a 50% death tax to redistribute wealth in this country……..

Next thing I know someone will tell me that Biden is wanting a 50% death tax to redistribute wealth in this country…….
Eliminating the stepped up basis for inherited assets amounts to a wealth tax rather than taxing income. Reduces the motivation to accumulate wealth as your heirs will pay the tax man.
All in the name of equity. If a certain segment of society doesn’t accumulate wealth then the gov’t will erect barriers so that others don’t accumulate wealth either.

Next thing I know someone will tell me that Biden is wanting a 50% death tax to redistribute wealth in this country……..
when my Dad died in 1996 the death tax was 55% and only $600,000.00 was exempt. I dont know what the death tax is right now, but the exempt amount is $11,500,000.00

Anyway, in the '90's it wasnt corporations that did in the family farms, it was the IRS. The farm might be valued at 3million so the tax bill was 2,400,000.00. The heirs had to come up with that amount immediately.....the only payment program they allowed was cash up front.

What say you Belldozer? I think you would agree this clown of a coach should be immediately fired. Harassing a star player over her conservative views may play well in liberal states like CA and NY but I’m shocked that no OU alumni has demanded that he be fired. I actually agree with everything she expressed even her comments about the UT fight song controversy.

Starve the beast. Now you know why I don't pay for this crap. I would be pleasantly surprised if all the universities went bankrupt. You want this to stop? Don't patronize anything that pays these departments a red cent. That includes TV subs.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
Starve the beast. Now you know why I don't pay for this crap. I would be pleasantly surprised if all the universities went bankrupt. You want this to stop? Don't patronize anything that pays these departments a red cent. That includes TV subs.
And I interpret your comment is intentionally half baked because corporate America, including universities, the NCAA and the like, know we can’t help ourselves as long as they keep putting out a product we want to watch on tv or at a stadium, latch onto as a fan and buy brand merchandise. And as we speak I just purchased another Longhorn tee shirt.

when my Dad died in 1996 the death tax was 55% and only $600,000.00 was exempt. I dont know what the death tax is right now, but the exempt amount is $11,500,000.00

Anyway, in the '90's it wasnt corporations that did in the family farms, it was the IRS. The farm might be valued at 3million so the tax bill was 2,400,000.00. The heirs had to come up with that amount immediately.....the only payment program they allowed was cash up front.
In your scenario of the 90’s, wouldn’t the heirs have to come up with 55% of 2.4 mil or did I miss a step? Either way it’s damn ridiculous. I may be the first person in history to leave a mobile home in Trust for my heirs.

Last edited:
Reactions: diadevic
I’m your scenario of the 90’s, wouldn’t the heirs have to come up with 55% of 2.4 mil or did I miss a step? Either way it’s damn ridiculous. I may be the first person in history to leave a mobile home in Trust for my heirs.
Nice try . . . a mobile home on 200 acres of prime real estate overlooking the Guadalupe River! 😜

In your scenario of the 90’s, wouldn’t the heirs have to come up with 55% of 2.4 mil or did I miss a step? Either way it’s damn ridiculous. I may be the first person in history to leave a mobile home in Trust for my heirs.
that is exactly correct. in other words....$1320,000.00...immediately!...not many farmers families had that in the "butter and egg " money jar. There was a guy outside of Bracken that had close to that scenerio....He had to sell....18 inches of topsoil off of over 200 acres on 2252 in southern Comal county to pay the IRS in order to keep the land. Now, 18 inches of topsoil in southern Comal county is about all there was.....All the land was worth at that point was shopping malls....

Reactions: Belldozer1
Eliminating the stepped up basis for inherited assets amounts to a wealth tax rather than taxing income. Reduces the motivation to accumulate wealth as your heirs will pay the tax man.
All in the name of equity. If a certain segment of society doesn’t accumulate wealth then the gov’t will erect barriers so that others don’t accumulate wealth either.
All the while the wealthy are eating our dinner. A revolution is in order. I ain't kiddin.

Last edited:
that is exactly correct. in other words....$1320,000.00...immediately!...not many farmers families had that in the "butter and egg " money jar. There was a guy outside of Bracken that had close to that scenerio....He had to sell....18 inches of topsoil off of over 200 acres on 2252 in southern Comal county to pay the IRS in order to keep the land. Now, 18 inches of topsoil in southern Comal county is about all there was.....All the land was worth at that point was shopping malls....
A friend of mine, originally from New Braunfels, just got transferred back to New Braunfels for his job and he's having hell buying a house. They're dang expensive and most have multiple offers over asking price.

Bell....tell your friend not to Worry.....Biden has said there is no real inflation due to his give a ways....

A friend of mine, originally from New Braunfels, just got transferred back to New Braunfels for his job and he's having hell buying a house. They're dang expensive and most have multiple offers over asking price.
There’s a small house down the road from us that went on the market a couple weeks ago and it sold in one weekend when they received over 20 offers. It’s just a regular 3/2 ranch style in a tract home community. Nothing fancy at all.

A realtor buddy in NB is telling me that we’re getting a ton of Austin transplants who are selling their homes for top dollar and getting out of there because they’re just tired of seeing Austin become another Seattle or Portland. It’s just not a very safe place anymore.

Several builders in my ‘hood have stopped writing contracts with firm numbers due to rising lumber and materials prices. The contracts all have escalation clauses.

Several builders in my ‘hood have stopped writing contracts with firm numbers due to rising lumber and materials prices. The contracts all have escalation clauses.
A friend of mine is a a builder and he said his bids are good for 30 days. My question is this, who is making all the money off lumber right now? Everyone? It doesn’t seem like it costs any more money now than it did a year ago to cut down the trees, same with the sawmill expenses. Is it the middle man between the sawmill and the lumber store? The price gouging ought to be illegal and probably is.

I was at Home Depot yesterday and a 10’ 2x4 was $13.76.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drtxhorn
There’s a small house down the road from us that went on the market a couple weeks ago and it sold in one weekend when they received over 20 offers. It’s just a regular 3/2 ranch style in a tract home community. Nothing fancy at all.

A realtor buddy in NB is telling me that we’re getting a ton of Austin transplants who are selling their homes for top dollar and getting out of there because they’re just tired of seeing Austin become another Seattle or Portland. It’s just not a very safe place anymore.
I frequent Rudy’s quite a bit and I cut through that subd. Right behind Rudy’s. That subd. Is all ranch style houses built in the 70’s. all around 1500’-1800’. They are houses that traditionally would go for $125,000-$150,000. They are going for $300,000 and selling pretty quick.It’s just crazy what people are paying.

Here’s the conundrum many of us face if you want to stay in the NB area or many hill country areas. you can sell your current place and make a good profit and then try to buy another place and end up upside down at best. You’d have to move out of the area but it’s becoming a statewide pandemic.

Right now acreage between Seguin and Gonzales is $8,000-$10,000/ac. That does not include minerals.

I frequent Rudy’s quite a bit and I cut through that subd. Right behind Rudy’s. That subd. Is all ranch style houses built in the 70’s. all around 1500’-1800’. They are houses that traditionally would go for $125,000-$150,000. They are going for $300,000 and selling pretty quick.It’s just crazy what people are paying.
I spoke with a realtor friend about the going rates for single family houses similar to that described above: older 3/2 that I would convert to rental. Sales prices are too high for a rental - the economics don’t work as a rental.
But, at $200/sq ft, that’s dirt cheap for someone coming from the west coast.

A friend of mine is a a builder and he said his bids are good for 30 days. My question is this, who is making all the money off lumber right now? Everyone? It doesn’t seem like it costs any more money now than it did a year ago to cut down the trees, same with the sawmill expenses. Is it the middle man between the sawmill and the lumber store? The price gouging ought to be illegal and probably is.

I was at Home Depot yesterday and a 10’ 2x4 was $13.76.
Lumber futures prices are finally starting to drop but it will be awhile before those prices are reflected at the retail level. Because of the COVID-19 hoax, builders and suppliers were shut down for several months last year and they weren’t producing any new lumber product which significantly reduced the available supply of lumber once everything was opened back up early this year. As people started building homes again the supply of lumber was scarce which drove up prices. Now that lumber production is catching up with the demand for lumber, prices are starting to get back to normal.

Back to volleyball. It gets worse Bell. Now the asst profs at OU being coached in CRT to sell to the incoming students. How can a state college put up with this b.s? Then I remember the Eyes of Texas fiasco. But people are fighting back. Signed the recall petitions for the Communist SF DA and the 3 CRT SF school board members and over 30,000 have signed. Maybe we can flush these idiots out of the system.

I spoke with a realtor friend about the going rates for single family houses similar to that described above: older 3/2 that I would convert to rental. Sales prices are too high for a rental - the economics don’t work as a rental.
But, at $200/sq ft, that’s dirt cheap for someone coming from the west coast.
Exactly, the days of picking up a cheap rental around here are gone

Back to volleyball. It gets worse Bell. Now the asst profs at OU being coached in CRT to sell to the incoming students. How can a state college put up with this b.s? Then I remember the Eyes of Texas fiasco. But people are fighting back. Signed the recall petitions for the Communist SF DA and the 3 CRT SF school board members and over 30,000 have signed. Maybe we can flush these idiots out of the system.
I saw that article the other day. Ridiculous.

ADVERTISEMENT