ADVERTISEMENT

OU vs Ohio State

Belldozer1

Aug 20, 2014
I'm curious what everyone's thought/predictions are on this game. I think this game will be much closer than last years beating but I'm not calling for an OU win. I sure hope we do but I don't know enough about our defense yet to get a good feel. Ohio State rushing attack looks pretty good. Defense definitely has to wrap up their rb's or they'll just bounce off and be gone. On offense, I feel much better than I did before UTEP. Now, it's only UTEP but anyone who watched could tell that Riley really opened things up on offense and was very multiple, including the fullbacks carrying the ball as well as receiving etc. Touchdowns by 8 different players I believe.

OU BY 3.

Exclusive picture of clob's toilet......HA!

funny_picdump_1605_46.jpg

OK has a chance. How good a chance I'm not. sure. Talent, matchups, and strategy aside there is an intangible that maybe, just maybe, could work in OK"s favor.

For the first time in a very long time OK is a decided underdog even more then the SB against Bama. If they go in with a chip on their shoulder attitude, a feeling disrespected attitude could very well work in their favor. They have a new coach, a young coach, kid just turned 34. He's probably coming in and wanting to show that he can do the job at a team like OK.

Maybe

OK has a chance. How good a chance I'm not. sure. Talent, matchups, and strategy aside there is an intangible that maybe, just maybe, could work in OK"s favor.

For the first time in a very long time OK is a decided underdog even more then the SB against Bama. If they go in with a chip on their shoulder attitude, a feeling disrespected attitude could very well work in their favor. They have a new coach, a young coach, kid just turned 34. He's probably coming in and wanting to show that he can do the job at a team like OK.

Maybe
I could sure tell that Riley was running the offense the way he wanted to and utilized ALL of his weapons. As much good as Stoops did at OU, I think sometimes he was too reserved and traditional with some of his offensive decisions. I think Riley gets that if your fullback may be a pretty decent ball carrier then give him the ball more if it's going to add another element to defend. He's definitely one of the best receivers on the team.

I really want ou to beat osu but it's going to be very difficult. Maybe you can suit up Vince Young that might help.

Ohio state by 10, though I wasn't totally impressed with their opener. Thought they would have been more dominant against Indiana.

tOSU just wasn't impressive against IU. Also, I would put zero value on anything at all(even coaching)on the UTEP win. You can't evaluate anything against them, especially this year. It is anybody's game, but I would say tOSU by a little.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Should be a close game. One 40 years ago in Columbus an all time classic. Thought OU headed for the brass ring. Then the RRS and Campbell. Would trade winning in Columbus for beating the Horns. Even this year.

Should be a close game. One 40 years ago in Columbus an all time classic. Thought OU headed for the brass ring. Then the RRS and Campbell. Would trade winning in Columbus for beating the Horns. Even this year.
Blasphemy!

A week ago I was prepared for a Buckeye blowout. But they were not impressive at all at Indiana. Still, Columbus at night is a tough place to play, and I think this is where OU will miss Westbrook. OSU pulls away in 2nd half to win by 17. And for one week - Boomer Sooner.

Reactions: Belldozer1
A week ago I was prepared for a Buckeye blowout. But they were not impressive at all at Indiana. Still, Columbus at night is a tough place to play, and I think this is where OU will miss Westbrook. OSU pulls away in 2nd half to win by 17. And for one week - Boomer Sooner.
That's how they operate, Meyer will out coach the kid.

Reactions: diadevic
We'll see and you may be right but I think Riley is much more open minded and more of an opportunist than Stoops was.
Honestly, and this is no BS, I think the first half is close. But I think osu speed on offense wears your D out in the second half and they pull away in the 4th.

I'm going to go ahead and put this out there: I've read all the analysis, listened to the talking heads, OU by 14 and Mayfield stakes an early claim on the Heisman.

Reactions: brsooner
tOSU at 7.5 favorite, I'll stick with a 10 point victory and they cover. Better game than last year.

Make it 11, 35-24

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT