ADVERTISEMENT

Overshown

Any of these players who diss Texas like this should pack up and leave yesterday. If Herman and CDC allow the tail to wag the dog, this will continue and it will only get worse with more "demands". They need to put their foot down to this kind of BS and end it.

If I'm the next man up at his position I'm thrilled. He can stay out for good.

I predict this "boycott" will be very short lived.

He will soon learn that in order for a boycott to be effective you need to establish some leverage first. He's operating from a position with zero leverage.

Wow, if these wannabe prima donnas, who think they have Deon Sanders talent but are more like our old RB Porter on the talent level, are not happy with UT, then please just leave. In the real world, if you are not happy at your job, it is your option to just find another job. You don't protest your employer. If these clowns think they are so hot, then another school will pick them up. Enjoy San Angelo State, you can protest all you want out in the desert. This is all falls on Herman to fix. He does not realize it but many fans are just getting angrier and angrier with him for not controlling his team. Will our players through an epic protest in the 4th quarter this season or an epic comeback? My bet is on the protest.

In December: "Helloooo Coach Myers, uh ahem how are you?"

Serious question. Do other schools have angry players or are we the only lucky ones? It seems ours not only are making personal decisions, but are doing it publicly in way as to provoke/recruit some of our other players.

Regarding their demands:
1). I don't have a big problem in the renaming of certain buildings if they represent something bad.
2). I also don't have a problem with dedicating an area in the stadium honoring black athletes and perhaps a statue of the 1st black football player Julius Whittier.
3). I kind of like the "outreach" idea to inner city neighborhoods in Dallas/Houston/San Antonio/Austin.

Definitely No: 0.5% funds to BLM. BLM has a lot of very destructive and divisive rhetoric all over the place. They are not pro-Black. They want to stick it to "Whitey" and they will never ever be satisfied. Players should be told this up front.

Complicated: The "Eyes"
It is going to be rough for a long time to come. I never mentioned it, but remember Javan Felix a few years ago on our basketball team. Instead of holding up Hook 'em, I saw him hold up the "black power" fist during the "Eyes of Texas". It was pretty nonchalant, but it stuck out like a sore thumb to me. I only saw that he did it once and never paid attention if he did it again, especially since they don't really show the song on TV. Well, we are probably going to have to deal with this ugly situation week in and week out for some time to come-akin to the Kaepernic kneeling. Nobody will be happy and it will be a frustration that will build up making headlines every week and not to mention the negative recruiting. BLM's demands have been easy wins because so many people seem to bending over with their pants down to their knees for these people. I foresee some kneeling during the anthem and some sort of cheap protest during the "Eyes of Texas". It is a mess and I just have a horrible feeling about losing the "Eyes of Texas".

These are just thoughts I have and hope they don't provoke any anger either way. I am assuming that the university leadership has a strategy of engaging these players demands and not dismissing them. So, If there are meetings behind closed doors, then cool heads must prevail.

BLM Organization is a leftist anarchist organization and most of the money they raise goes to the Dems. One penny to this group and I guarantee the State will step in and tell UT to close down the football program. Plenty of fans will lose their mind as well if that were to happen. Also, losing our song because of Perceived racism is nonsense and let the players revolt and stomp and be angry and then show them the door if they hate our song. It is all made up BS. I would tear up their Demand Letter or burn it in their faces and tell them there is the door, you can leave.

My employer doesn't care that much about me as an individual and I don't care that much about them either but here's the thing, I committed to do a certain job and they committed to give me a certain wage. We both appreciate each other and know that both of us have the option to cut ties if we no longer are happy with the agreement. Why do these players think they are special and deserve to be put on a pedestal? Welcome to the real world son, you don't always get what you think you deserve and you aren't going to get it by quitting. Don't throw away a great opportunity for yourself. This kid will have many opportunities once he graduates simply because he played football for UT, but he would rather burn bridges and make it tougher on himself. Someone talk some sense into these kids.

Reactions: HornNation101
My thoughts on this are why now? Where was all of this last year or the year before? Just shows you how much brainwashing power the media has on these young kids.

There is a professor at Texas, Edmund T Gordon, that is teaching this rhetoric. He's a race huckster. He has made a care out of racist history. He use to give tours of campus to show people all of the symbols of racism. You can now take that tour online.

There is a professor at Texas, Edmund T Gordon, that is teaching this rhetoric. He's a race huckster. He has made a care out of racist history. He use to give tours of campus to show people all of the symbols of racism. You can now take that tour online.

Interesting, how long has he been there?

BLM Organization is a leftist anarchist organization and most of the money they raise goes to the Dems. One penny to this group and I guarantee the State will step in and tell UT to close down the football program. Plenty of fans will lose their mind as well if that were to happen. Also, losing our song because of Perceived racism is nonsense and let the players revolt and stomp and be angry and then show them the door if they hate our song. It is all made up BS. I would tear up their Demand Letter or burn it in their faces and tell them there is the door, you can leave.
UT already donates heavily to political candidates -- mostly dems. Why?
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/totals?id=D000022296

Our players are the only ones making all this noise and it is getting ridiculous. Oh and then Gundy takes a one million pay cut cause of all this non sense. Time to lawyer up for Gundy.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Our players are the only ones making all this noise and it is getting ridiculous. Oh and then Gundy takes a one million pay cut cause of all this non sense. Time to lawyer up for Gundy.

Yeah, I saw that on RJ Young's podcast. However thing was while other coaches were taking pay cuts 3 months ago Gundy didn't in fact he was public about it.

This is somewhat similar to the Urban Meyer/Zack Smith fiasco at tOSU a couple of years ago. By that I mean like tOSU, OSU didn't take any public action against the coach. But I'm certain that like UM Mike Gundy is working behind closed doors to step down at the end of the year. He's got a complicated contract that will take time to work out so they might as well let him finish the upcoming season.

My .02 worth

It's not smart to screw your coach over. If I was Gundy I wouldn't let Hubbard touch the ball all season except for when I tip the other team off that a run is coming. Let's see how his draft stock is when he puts up terrible stats this year. If I was Gundy I would have no allegiance to OSU and burn it down on my way out.

Here's a question for the board, if your employer cut your pay because one of your subordinates complained about a T shirt you wore, how motivated would you be to do a good job for your company?

It's not smart to screw your coach over. If I was Gundy I wouldn't let Hubbard touch the ball all season except for when I tip the other team off that a run is coming. Let's see how his draft stock is when he puts up terrible stats this year. If I was Gundy I would have no allegiance to OSU and burn it down on my way out.

Here's a question for the board, if your employer cut your pay because one of your subordinates complained about a T shirt you wore, how motivated would you be to do a good job for your company?
On top of that, how do you convince a quality coach to take the job after you can Gundy?

This is about to get super sticky for OSU. And if you look 90 miles west of Austin, there's another sticky situation brewing in college station.

On top of that, how do you convince a quality coach to take the job after you can Gundy?

This is about to get super sticky for OSU. And if you look 90 miles west of Austin, there's another sticky situation brewing in college station.

Mike Gundy is a good coach but not irreplaceable. He's won 1 Big XII title but he choked least 3 times since then. He's 2/13 against OK. How many times have I seen OSU choke against OK? The year he won his Big XII title, 2011, was the only time OSU beat OK when it mattered. And they beat ST in a classic FB.

But since then they've lost both of their NY6 bowls. But T Boone has singlehandedly upgraded the facilities and their stadium and they should be attract a top notch coach. Who knows they might finally find a coach who won't choke against OK.

Mike Gundy brought this on himself and I'm certain he's agreed to step down at the end of the season. And although he's only 53 his contact is such that he doesn't have to work for the rest of life. And that's another reason not to feel sorry for him.

East?

Last time I checked, OANN is not racist. It is conservative. Please tell me how being conservative politically is a valid reason for termination. I smell a yuge lawsuit coming. Gundy will have his pick of schools. Okie st is screwed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT