ADVERTISEMENT

Paging Lupar

Question. You said in the other thread that a 2nd ticket would double your chances and now have a 150mm/1 chance.

That doesn’t make sense. At that percentage you’d only need to buy about 50 tickets.

Been a long time since my stats class, but is there a formula I’m missing?

Question. You said in the other thread that a 2nd ticket would double your chances and now have a 150mm/1 chance.

That doesn’t make sense. At that percentage you’d only need to buy about 50 tickets.

Been a long time since my stats class, but is there a formula I’m missing?

It's only doubling your chances because you have 2 tickets. 1/330 million to 2/330 million. 50 tickets would be 50/330 million.

I think you're looking at it as a 1% chance to a 2% chance? But two tickets doubles your odds from 0.000000003% to 0.000000006%

It's an inconsequential increase, but it does double your chances.

It's only doubling your chances because you have 2 tickets. 1/330 million to 2/330 million. 50 tickets would be 50/330 million.

I think you're looking at it as a 1% chance to a 2% chance? But two tickets doubles your odds from 0.000000003% to 0.000000006%

It's an inconsequential increase, but it does double your chances.

I went back and reread your post. You didn’t say it went from 303 to 151.5. You just said your chance would double, which it would. All good

<THREAD LOCKED>
Whew!! I figured this was another of your 'not my president' posts, parroted by lepar_horns. I'm thinking your fears of getting deported may come true, not because you are here illegally, but because you are THAT bad of a poster. Carry on Tonto.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
An actuary friend explained to me like this, 'the odds of buying the winning ticket and finding it laying on the ground are virtually the same.'

An actuary friend explained to me like this, 'the odds of buying the winning ticket and finding it laying on the ground are virtually the same.'

Yeah but $2 will buy you 24+ hours of daydreaming. You'll spend more than that on a morning coffee that's run its course by 10 AM. Live a little.

Reactions: weevilcatch
notagain.jpg

Hook'em

Reactions: westx
One of my math nerd friends that does actuarials for L of L text me and said you had a greater chance of surviving be struck by lightening, a plane crash and a shark attack all with a 48 hour period than you do winning this lotto.

Just something to chew on.

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT