ADVERTISEMENT

Pitching shakeup

utisdabomb12

Aug 12, 2013
Per Ryan Autullo: Augie says either Kacy Clemens or Connor Mayes will replace LHP Josh Sawyer as starter for this weekend's series against K-State.

Like I said at the beginning of the year and in the UTA thread, our 3 starters will likely be Hollingsworth, French and Mayes at the end of the year.

Clemens and Sawyer will both end up being situational relief guys come postseason play. Augie/Skip are treating Mayes like they did Hollingsworth last year. Postseason play is about using your best arms. That will be Hollingsworth, Mayes, French, Culbreth and Duke.

"Mayes was killer and talking some smack.... I'll take that!"

It will be interesting if Augie rolls with Mayes this weekend. I wouldn't be surprised if it's Clemens, but come the end of the year it will be Mayes.

Mayes IMO is a better pitcher then kacy. Kacy still doesn't have all his velocity and he was leaving pitches up in the zone last night that uta took advantage of. Mayes might me a more complete pitcher
Posted from Rivals Mobile

"Mayes IMO is a better pitcher then kacy. Kacy still doesn't have all his velocity and he was leaving pitches up in the zone last night that uta took advantage of. Mayes might me a more complete pitcher."

Mayes is significantly better, but that doesn't mean Skip/Augie will necessarily make him a weekend starter yet. There's no doubt Mayes will be a starter at the end of the year though.

This post was edited on 3/18 1:59 PM by utisdabomb12

Mayes is going to be another Thornhill. I love the kids mental approach on the mound. Bulldog.

French on Friday
Hollingsworth on Saturday
Clemens on Sunday

Not surprised at all. I knew Skip wasn't going to make Mayes a starter until the end of the year.

"Don't really like Clemens in the weekend rotation. He's too hittable."

He won't be come postseason play. Skip is saving arms and not throwing Mayes into the fire. Skip does this almost every year.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
"Don't really like Clemens in the weekend rotation. He's too hittable."

He won't be come postseason play. Skip is saving arms and not throwing Mayes into the fire. Skip does this almost every year.

Well hope we win Friday and Saturday and take the series and not have to worry about clemens on Sunday
Posted from Rivals Mobile

ADVERTISEMENT