ADVERTISEMENT

Places to eat in Round Rock

Black_SoxAg

Jan 30, 2015
Alright Horns, help an Aggie out. We are headed to Round Rock for a baseball tournament this weekend. Any recommendations on where to eat dinner, lunch, breakfast? Any LEGITIMATE help would be appreciated.

Breakfast- Go to Round Rock donuts (106 W. Liberty Round Rock, TX), because where else can you get a 2lbs donut (Texas size donut).

Go to Pluckers. Great selection of sauces for wings. My boys love Pluckers and if you are playing at dell diamond it is near by.

I'm assuming you are playing baseball at Dell Diamond.

Salt Lick is pretty good BBQ and it's about 2 minutes away from Dell Diamond.

Originally posted by CaptainZigZag:
We'll see if PowderPuff will get this thread locked too. Christ, a simple question. I'm not familiar with the area but defer to those who are
Posted from Rivals Mobile
I'm not familiar with the area..

Then keep ya mouth shut! there's crap dripping outa the corner of ya mouth!

He's a Aggie, just messing with him..

Keep it up Zag, ya gonna get a vacation soon! then ya can get your ZigZag's out and roll a few...and talk to yourself!

Hook'em

LoneStar Bakery for breakfast - its the name of the Round Rock donuts place...

Hao Hao Chinese on 620 - there is another really good place on the other side of 620 from this too... but I cant remember its name. Hoodys Sub Shop in the same complex with Hao Hao is good too.... great philly's here....and if you can make it out towards Hutto there is a little spot out there that is good to eat at.

Or you can just drive around and look and see what sounds good to you.. lots of chains, and lots of locally owned places to eat..

Mesa Rosa

Chuy's

Both off I 35

TIo Dans downtown Round Rock

PokEJos BBQ also off i35 next to GattieLand

Behave yourself at Pluckers farmer or they will give you the bird.

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
I'm assuming you are playing baseball at Dell Diamond.

Salt Lick is pretty good BBQ and it's about 2 minutes away from Dell Diamond.
Probable Old Settlers Park. They have select tournaments out there something like every other weekend. I've done the tourney thing (coached and kid played) and it can wear you out. We made Rudy's a regular haunt, because it was close enough, quick, and good. That area at I-35/FM 3406 (Old Settlers) has grown up over the years and there is plenty there.

I would also recommend the Westside Ale House. It's about halfway between FM 3406 and Hwy 79, on the west frontage if I-35. They have great wings and a wide selection of craft brews.

Thanks for the suggestions fellas. We were at Old Settlers Park. We did the donut thing and took our whole team. That is a big ass donut. We also did Pluckers and Rudy's and both were good recommendations. Round Rock has changed a lot since the last time I was through there.

ADVERTISEMENT