ADVERTISEMENT

Pods it is

2300 Nueces

Sep 27, 2015
It looks like Sankey tipped his hand on the pods vs the current split division format. I like pods for the obvious rotational benefits but one of our rivalries will likely not be yearly. I'm thinking aggy is not in our pod. Remember they have to balance the weighting of each pod. With this setup, I believe we have a home and away with every team within a 3-4 year period.

https://www.on3.com/teams/kentucky-...ks-sec-expansion-potential-changes-schedules/

SWC/BIG8
Tex
Ou
Piggy
Mizzou

Gumbauex
aggy
Lsu
Miss
Miss st

Central
Bama
Auburn
Tennessee
Vandy

East
Florida
Scar
Uga
Ku

Nostalgia

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
That's a win for Mizzou and Arky. They competed better when they could recruit in TX.

Actually it would strengthen the SEC if they would give a&m, Vandy, Mizzou and Arky the boot, while adding Texas, OU, OSU and Michigan.

• Haha
Reactions: 88MCSS2NV
Wish he had included Texas and Ok as part of SEC which they are now except for a few obstacles. Will be interesting to watch Texas and Ok compete in the Little 12 this fall. Refs will have a field day throwing yellow flags against them.
USC was so lucky to have been in the right spot at the right time to get a SEC invite. Now if our new coach can best the Spurrier years, we will be in Hog Heaven with the Razorbacks. I think he will. We now have a coach who appreciates the job and wants to succeed unlike Beergut.

Wish he had included Texas and Ok as part of SEC which they are now except for a few obstacles. Will be interesting to watch Texas and Ok compete in the Little 12 this fall. Refs will have a field day throwing yellow flags against them.
USC was so lucky to have been in the right spot at the right time to get a SEC invite. Now if our new coach can best the Spurrier years, we will be in Hog Heaven with the Razorbacks. I think he will. We now have a coach who appreciates the job and wants to succeed unlike Beergut.

USC plays in the PAC 12. South Carolina plays in the SEC. There is only one USC.

Reactions: diadevic
I love the pod system since it gives us the opportunity to play each team at least once every couple of years. Keeps it fresh and still lets some annual rivalry feuds build up or continue.

Ags gone be maaaaaaaaad....
100% disagree. I want the LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State pod. No interest in a BIG12 pod. I want to play traditional SEC schools. However, I bet A&M plays Texas every year regardless. Would be fun, so I hope so.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out for sure. Would love it if we played LSU, Texas, and Arkie every year, but that may be asking too much. You guys can keep Okie and Mizzou. Okie will be good, but I just don't hate them very much. Don't give two shits about Mizzou. If we lose out on playing LSU every year, then I'll be pissed.

100% disagree. I want the LSU, Mississippi, Mississippi State pod. No interest in a BIG12 pod. I want to play traditional SEC schools. However, I bet A&M plays Texas every year regardless. Would be fun, so I hope so.

It will be interesting to see how it all plays out for sure. Would love it if we played LSU, Texas, and Arkie every year, but that may be asking too much. You guys can keep Okie and Mizzou. Okie will be good, but I just don't hate them very much. Don't give two shits about Mizzou. If we lose out on playing LSU every year, then I'll be pissed.

Why should a&m play "traditional SEC schools"? aggy is a newbie in the SEC. They don't have the pull that the traditional SEC schools have.

Why should a&m play "traditional SEC schools"? aggy is a newbie in the SEC. They don't have the pull that the traditional SEC schools have.
Not saying we do. Just saying I'd like the pod as OP suggested. Alabama runs the SEC office, so I think they will be in a pod with Auburn & Tennessee. Everything else is up for grabs.

Not saying we do. Just saying I'd like the pod as OP suggested. Alabama runs the SEC office, so I think they will be in a pod with Auburn & Tennessee. Everything else is up for grabs.

With the changes coming in the conference, now is the time to rearrange the divisions or create pods. It needs to be done. As it is now, there is a big imbalance between the West and East divisions. Alabama definitely is the big dog, but it won't be that way forever. Things ebb and flow. Bama isn't immune from a dip, and once Saban retires, they sure could fall off somewhat. Nothing lasts forever.

With the changes coming in the conference, now is the time to rearrange the divisions or create pods. It needs to be done. As it is now, there is a big imbalance between the West and East divisions. Alabama definitely is the big dog, but it won't be that way forever. Things ebb and flow. Bama isn't immune from a dip, and once Saban retires, they sure could fall off somewhat. Nothing lasts forever.
Saban won't live forever. But Bama has run the SEC for 50+ years. Even the few times they weren't good. That might change at some point, but I wouldn't bet on it anytime soon. They don't have much in Alabama, but my goodness they live for their crimson tide. It is crazy.

Oh but Mike Leach is now the coach. I'm expecting fun times.

This never gets old. Leach hates aggy. Would love to see him continue to rub salt in them. Also, funny thing about when the goal post ram job happened in Lubbock one of the players dads in the stands likened him staying and not leaving the stadium after the aggy loss to "defending the Alamo", lol. Only aggy.

This never gets old. Leach hates aggy. Would love to see him continue to rub salt in them. Also, funny thing about when the goal post ram job happened in Lubbock one of the players dads in the stands likened him staying and not leaving the stadium after the aggy loss to "defending the Alamo", lol. Only aggy.
McKinney.

Reactions: LonghornMM
ADVERTISEMENT