ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the season

MiccoMacey

Sep 21, 2002
Hey ya'll, long time poster but have been gone for awhile.

Now that the season is just about upon us, how do you guys feel about Texas this year? How many games will they win?

Be as optimistic or pessimistic as you feel appropriate.

I'll go first:

Sep 3 - ULM - W
Sep 10 - Alabama - L
Sep 17 - UTSA - W
Sep 24 - Texas Tech - W
Oct 1 - WVU - L
Oct 8 - OU - L
Oct 15 - ISU - W
Oct 22 - OSU - L
Nov 5 - KSU - W
Nov 12 - TCU - W
Nov 19 - KU - W
Nov 25 - Baylor - L

I have Texas going 7-5. But I also see some close games for Texas that could go either way.

Would love to hear your predictions (good and bad) and your insight on the program in general.

Thanks!

Now that the season is just about upon us, how do you guys feel about Texas this year? How many games will they win?

I'll go first:

Sep 3 - ULM - W
Sep 10 - Alabama - L
Sep 17 - UTSA - W
Sep 24 - Texas Tech - W
Oct 1 - WVU - L
Oct 8 - OU - L
Oct 15 - ISU - W
Oct 22 - OSU - L
Nov 5 - KSU - W
Nov 12 - TCU - W
Nov 19 - KU - W
Nov 25 - Baylor - L

I have Texas going 7-5. But I also see some close games for Texas that could go either way.

Would love to hear your predictions (good and bad) and your insight on the program in general.

Thanks!
You got Sept 17th wrong brother. 😁

• Haha
Reactions: MiccoMacey
OK MM. Time to light into the OU posters on your board. I think at least 8-4. Don't see the Horns losing to WV.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
I think there is one thing OU and Horn posters can agree on. Neither group wants our teams to wind up like Nebraska. So sad.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
If only Huskers would have stayed in the Big 12 and been able to hawk some of the hundreds of Texas HS. stars. At least they got the big TV Big 10 bucks. Most of which probably spent on University DEI bureaucrats.

8-4 with losses to Bama, Ok St., Kansas St., and Baylor. I wouldn’t be surprised with 7-5 or 9-3 though. If Ewers has a Colt McCoy esque freshman season and the defense improves they could win 9 I think. We should know a lot more about this team after the Bama game though. Even as bad as our defense was last season we still lost 5 1 possession games.

Reactions: outhereincali
8-4 with losses to Bama, Ok St., Kansas St., and Baylor. I wouldn’t be surprised with 7-5 or 9-3 though. If Ewers has a Colt McCoy esque freshman season and the defense improves they could win 9 I think. We should know a lot more about this team after the Bama game though. Even as bad as our defense was last season we still lost 5 1 possession games.
You predict a shootout win?

With the exception of OSU I wear thinking the exact same losses.

Could 9/3 get us an at large P6 bowl? Not likely but in preseason you can always hope.

I predict we will spend all season ready posts from a couple ou fans that can't find their own teams message boards.

The posts WILL NOT BE FUNNY.

THEY.......WILL.....NOT......BE........FUNNY.

AT ALL. NOT EVEN A LITTLE BIT FUNNY.
THE ANTITHESIS OF FUNNY AND CLEVER.
Makes sense. 👍

I'll go first:

Sep 3 - ULM - W
Sep 10 - Alabama - L
Sep 17 - UTSA - W
Sep 24 - Texas Tech - W
Oct 1 - WVU - L
Oct 8 - OU - L
Oct 15 - ISU - W
Oct 22 - OSU - L
Nov 5 - KSU - W
Nov 12 - TCU - W
Nov 19 - KU - W
Nov 25 - Baylor - L

Thanks!
Micco I pick Baylor to win the Big XII. Baylor/BYU could be one of the best non con games this year.

I'm definitely watching that one how about you?

At least 2 Big XII teams will make a P6 bowl game this year. Right now I'm not sure who the other team will be.

The at large team will be either BYU or Houston two teams that will be in the Big XII next year.

A Pac XII team, Utah, will make the playoffs.

As I mentioned above I see us at 9/3.

They have one of the toughest non con schedules in the country but I think TT will overachieve.

There's no reason to think that Venables will be a bad hire. But it's preseason, I'm going to wait and see.

Micco Macey the Big XII conference has made steady gains the last 2 years.

They're 4/0 the last 2 years in P6 bowls and look at the teams that won them. Baylor might even make the playoffs but it's only preseason.

But when all is said and done the SEC will win the nc again. Is it going ever going to end.

Last edited:
I predict we will spend all season ready posts from a couple ou fans that can't find their own teams message boards.

We have 2 of them already.

Reactions: hookem777
I think they’ll go 8-4. I think we will see some ups and downs early in the year, but as the season progresses we will become a team no one wants to play.

Naw dj we know our Rivals board OU group. . Just like you guys Just come on from time to time to get Horn info. And from the last few days the four of us have not insulted your team. No reason to.

So you all think you will win the OU game. Fair enough. Most of them close the last 65 years. Will see. Last week Husker fans also predicting their team would beat OU. Wonder if their predictions changed after today. Can't wait for my team to play against Thompson.

I don't know if we beat OU. I think what we are looking for is quality play. No missed tackles or few, some open running lanes, and some accurate shots downfield. We want some cohesion.

Last edited:
This year we could have 6 five star players starting on offense this year.

Ewers
Robinson
Whittington
Sanders
Banks
Campbell

If we finally have some coaches who can develop players who knows?

Last edited:
8-4. Loss to Bama, we beat OU, giving us all great hope, then drop 3 games to turds we should beat. Have no idea which 3, it literally could be anybody.

Still acceptable season as we build experience in the trenches and at QB. 2023 could be special.

Naw dj we know our Rivals board OU group. . Just like you guys Just come on from time to time to get Horn info. And from the last few days the four of us have not insulted your team. No reason to.

I don't think Texas is going to beat ou this year or any time in the foreseeable future.

While I think that BV is a very good coach(that you guys fired, because Bob wouldn't can his idiot brother). I was unaware that BV is a cyborg made from the combined DNA of John Robinson, Woody Hayes, Bill Walsh, Nick Saban, Bear Bryant, Eddie Robinson, and Knute Rocknie. I have heard that his brain runs algorithms that makes Google Chrome look like Pong.

I'm hearing that you guys may win your 1st game by forfeit, because the other team is scare to be in such close proximity to BV and his intimidating aura.

They are also afraid that some of them might get hurt before the game by the Isane Clown Posse reject you guys call a Roid Rage and Conditioning coach.

I'm going out on a limb here. I'm calling for us to go 12-0.

I also predict that come December I won't be having to say "I told you so..."
I go out on that limb every year brother. I'd suggest sandy loam under that tree, 2 to 3 foot deep. 😁

Screw the record. I predict the defense will be MUCH better than last year. I predict the O line will also. Be better than last year. I think J Whit will last at least 6 games. We will at times be much better and much worse than we expect.....due to youth.

I also think OU will be better than this board expects.......and goddammit, Snyder ain't at K State any more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT