ADVERTISEMENT

Predict the season

Hey ya'll, long time poster but have been gone for awhile.

Now that the season is just about upon us, how do you guys feel about Texas this year? How many games will they win?

Be as optimistic or pessimistic as you feel appropriate.

I'll go first:

Sep 3 - ULM - W
Sep 10 - Alabama - L
Sep 17 - UTSA - W
Sep 24 - Texas Tech - W
Oct 1 - WVU - L
Oct 8 - OU - L
Oct 15 - ISU - W
Oct 22 - OSU - L
Nov 5 - KSU - W
Nov 12 - TCU - W
Nov 19 - KU - W
Nov 25 - Baylor - L

I have Texas going 7-5. But I also see some close games for Texas that could go either way.

Would love to hear your predictions (good and bad) and your insight on the program in general.

Thanks!
I keep saying this year is the most important season in recent history of the program.
I feel like there are only 2 possible outcomes this year. Each would obviously have major implications on the future.

1. We improve on both sides of the ball, Ewers plays better than what he had last year, and we go 9-3 with a chance at playing in big 12 championship.
This would be great and the program would continue much needed momentum into next year.

2. The defense shows no improvement, we have a few injuries, and then the wheels fall off and we go 5-7 again.
Obviously if number 2 happens things are going to get SUPER ugly. PK would get fired, national media would be questioning Sark and our recruiting class would fall apart.
All of those things would take us in a direction as a program that I just do not believe we could EVER recover from.

The good news is that I believe that #1 is more likely than #2.

If we were to end up somewhere in the middle, like 7-5, then who we beat, how we beat them, who we lost to, and how we lost those games will ultimately end up being the most important thing. Not all 7-5 records are created equal. 7-5 can happen multiple different ways, each driving a different narrative at season end and each having an affect on the future of the program.

My opinion is that this coaching staff has more to prove than anyone else this season

I keep saying this year is the most important season in recent history of the program.
I feel like there are only 2 possible outcomes this year. Each would obviously have major implications on the future.

1. We improve on both sides of the ball, Ewers plays better than what he had last year, and we go 9-3 with a chance at playing in big 12 championship.
This would be great and the program would continue much needed momentum into next year.

2. The defense shows no improvement, we have a few injuries, and then the wheels fall off and we go 5-7 again.
Obviously if number 2 happens things are going to get SUPER ugly. PK would get fired, national media would be questioning Sark and our recruiting class would fall apart.
All of those things would take us in a direction as a program that I just do not believe we could EVER recover from.

The good news is that I believe that #1 is more likely than #2.

If we were to end up somewhere in the middle, like 7-5, then who we beat, how we beat them, who we lost to, and how we lost those games will ultimately end up being the most important thing. Not all 7-5 records are created equal. 7-5 can happen multiple different ways, each driving a different narrative at season end and each having an affect on the future of the program.

My opinion is that this coaching staff has more to prove than anyone else this season
Most want Mack back.

You ever gonna leave left field?

Congrats Woody. You're the best. You won life.

Way to take a vicious and brutal attack against a woman and turn it in to an opportunity to troll Longhorn fans.

You should take screen shots of this flawless victory and share them with you wife and mother. I'm sure they would be so proud of your defense of Mixon.

@LonghornMM Please run this fool.

Hey ya'll, long time poster but have been gone for awhile.

Now that the season is just about upon us, how do you guys feel about Texas this year? How many games will they win?

Be as optimistic or pessimistic as you feel appropriate.

I'll go first:

Sep 3 - ULM - W
Sep 10 - Alabama - L
Sep 17 - UTSA - W
Sep 24 - Texas Tech - W
Oct 1 - WVU - L
Oct 8 - OU - L
Oct 15 - ISU - W
Oct 22 - OSU - L
Nov 5 - KSU - W
Nov 12 - TCU - W
Nov 19 - KU - W
Nov 25 - Baylor - L

I have Texas going 7-5. But I also see some close games for Texas that could go either way.

Would love to hear your predictions (good and bad) and your insight on the program in general.

Thanks!

8-4 followed by a 11-1 2023 season

Congrats Woody. You're the best. You won life.

Way to take a vicious and brutal attack against a woman and turn it in to an opportunity to troll Longhorn fans.

You should take screen shots of this flawless victory and share them with you wife and mother. I'm sure they would be so proud of your defense of Mixon.

@LonghornMM Please run this fool.
Three mother's Mary. All will be resolved. Sack up brother. 😉

Last edited:
If I'm being as unbiased as I can here is what I think

ULM - Win
Bama - Loss (let's just keep within 2 scores all game...keep it interesting for 4Q)
UTSA - Win
Tech - Win
WVU - Win
OU - always a toss up no matter what...I honestly think we pull this one out so Win
ISU - Win
OSU - Win
KSt - Loss
TCU - Win
KU - Win
Baylor - Win

That is 10-2 and looking at what everyone returned and the sites of most of these games Texas should probably go 10-2. But, this is Texas so I expect 2 more losses in the most Texas way possible.

Looking at WVU, oSu, TCU, and Baylor. I honestly think Texas goes 2-2 in those games and finishes 8-4.

Lol. Definitely 2 extra loses in the most Texas way possible

Here's one thing to look forward to in 2023.

We will have a different schedule.

I wonder which one of the new schools well play this year?

Hey, just time to check back in and see how you did on your predictions.
Micco I was reading what Marvin Mims said about OK's season.

He said Venables' has thoroughly changed the day to day for the fb team can't remember everything he said but it was a good read.

OK lost 5 games this year by 3 points this season. And in all 5 games their defense didn't get the job done at the end.

I see that OK has a top ten recruiting class. OK has a 5* safety Peyton Bowen who fell into their lap on signing day.

For OK sake he needs to be ready to play the first game. Kind of like Kelvin Banks was for us.

I will stay this about your team Micco. They played with a lot of pride against FS. They lost but I'm sure loyal OK fans appreciated that they left it all on the field.

Micco I was reading what Marvin Mims said about OK's season.

He said Venables' has thoroughly changed the day to day for the fb team can't remember everything he said but it was a good read.

OK lost 5 games this year by 3 points this season. And in all 5 games their defense didn't get the job done at the end.

I see that OK has a top ten recruiting class. OK has a 5* safety Peyton Bowen who fell into their lap on signing day.

For OK sake he needs to be ready to play the first game. Kind of like Kelvin Banks was for us.

I will stay this about your team Micco. They played with a lot of pride against FS. They lost but I'm sure loyal OK fans appreciated that they left it all on the field.
Thanks OU There In Cali (😀),

Yeah, I reeeeeeally thought with BV our defense would, at a minimum, not be worse. But I was wrong. Way wrong.

There’s a lot of clamor that BV sat each player down for their “year in review” and basically told a whole bunch of people they’d be better off in the portal. Didn’t pull punches, was very matter-of-fact with them. Some were kids that may have produced some results, but weren’t buying in to the program and not necessarily good for a locker room.

Who knows if it’s true or not, but Brent strikes me as a straight shooter like that. He’s one of the nicest guys in the world (I lived about 10 feet from him for two years), but he doesn’t mince words.

The proof will be in the pudding next year. Hopefully these new players can be the difference in those close-type games.

First off Mico....OU sucks.
Having said that I suspect this next season will be a more normal for y'all.

I didn't like Stooops but I respected him. I didn't like Ryley and didn't respect him either. I have no feeling whatever for BV.

First off Mico....OU sucks.
Having said that I suspect this next season will be a more normal for y'all.

I didn't like Stooops but I respected him. I didn't like Ryley and didn't respect him either. I have no feeling whatever for BV.
Speaking for me it was a lot harder for me to hate Stoops and Riley than say Barry Switzer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT