ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Interesting Stats

regarding the Flu this Season in the US. If you take the low end, there are on average 230,000 new cases everyday and on average 140 new deaths everyday (high end numbers are 325,000 cases and 355 deaths)...……….

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm
And just think as staggering as those numbers are, I’ve never once considered not going to work, pulling my kids out of school, or doing any other activity that would put our economy in a tail spin, but I know, THIS virus is like none other and we must take extraordinary precautions.

Last edited:
I'm ready for things to get back to normal. This is ridiculous with everything being closed and this virus throwing us into a recession and people losing their jobs and investments.
Agree. We laid off several this week. When people start losing their jobs and retirement due to the economy tanking over this crap, that’s a recipe that’s going to cause some people to start doing bad things.

If I recall way back about 30 years when the AIDS "epidemic" was new and spreading, we were all told ad nauseum that everyone shouldn't freak out because the number of cases were so small. I believe there were more AIDS cases in the US in the first year than Covid-19.

Reactions: Belldozer1
It's going to get worse.
If I recall way back about 30 years when the AIDS "epidemic" was new and spreading, we were all told ad nauseum that everyone shouldn't freak out because the number of cases were so small. I believe there were more AIDS cases in the US in the first year than Covid-19.

It's actually spreading fast. LA has given up on trying to identify all of the cases. They are focusing on the at risk people. I believe all cities will go this route. We have to build herd immunity and fast. Don't be afraid if you are young and healthy. Get your diet in order and get ready to catch it. The at risk people need to shelter away asap. The problem that I have observed is that the stubborn elderly don't want to shelter away. My stubborn ass parents are going to their condo in Orange Beach because they feel that bama won't shut down the fun stuff that they like to do. They don't care. Let's get this over with. Help the hospitals in any way possible.

My kids are now getting over it. Kids had diarrhea, swollen lymph nodes (neck), cough. Two of my kids had NO symptoms. I caught it from my brother who is still in bed and so is his wife. They drink and smoke (a lot) so it's not being kind to them (on 8th day). I spent a day with him in his truck working. For me, it wasn't that bad. He had diarrhea, coughing, and extreme fatigue. I am healthy. I eat a lot of fruits and vegetables. I also took my own advice and took the naturally occurring compounds that I found to be beneficial in a previous thread. I had swollen lymph nodes in the neck, headache, fatigue, cough, some chest tightness but no fever. My wife had virtually no symptoms. She is a dietician (BS from aggy in nutrition) so she eats like a rabbit. I still have the cough but it's almost gone(day 6). Heading to Costco before they shut down everything for a cold. Technically, I was never tested so I never had it. ;)

I had Flu A 6 weeks ago. For me, it was worse. No flu shot.

Last edited:
Lets see now 115 reported deaths in Wednesday and now 400+ deaths on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised if we reached the 1000 mark by the 31st.

Governor Newsom is projecting that as many as 25m people could catch the virus partly because the state's medical system is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus.

Btw 25m is 56% of the CA population.

My bank lobby will be closed tomorrow and until the virus is defeated! Or the threat of a bank run is gone. Drive thru is open but they limit cast to $2000. Anyway, looks like $400 will be the max at the atm.... at least for a little while.
Strangerhorn I guarantee if this thing goes on and there's an interruption to social security checks you'll begin to hear from a lot of folks just like the people losing jobs over this mess.

Good lord, can you imagine the wheelchair riots if the government checks stop. The common man is about to eat a shit sammich.

My bank lobby will be closed tomorrow and until the virus is defeated! Or the threat of a bank run is gone. Drive thru is open but they limit cast to $2000. Anyway, looks like $400 will be the max at the atm.... at least for a little while.

Good lord, can you imagine the wheelchair riots if the government checks stop. The common man is about to eat a shit sammich.
Exactly. And it's easy for folks on a guaranteed check to not be disturbed by these events, wait until those checks get interrupted, you'll be having everyone crying foul and not understanding this huge, dare I say hysteria

I can guarantee the old folks will be coming for blood!

I buried my money in back yard Suckers! My oldest son is stocking his house on Lake Caribou, if shit hits the fan then he will come get us in his plane, He's got a Cessna Sky Courier with a 900 range on it, its used but, he had it rebuilt and put new turbo prop engines on it, flies like a new one. he takes freight to the Little Villages on the coast in Alaska with it, hes retired Navy COD pilot so he knows his shit, we been planning this shit for a long time, it holds 19 passengers and 6000 in freight, so it would do the trick, glad all my sons and grandsons and one Great Grandsons went into the Navy, better than being a Army grunt in the Jungle, so I don't need my SS..to make it..Have to eat Fresh Salmon and Moose and Caribou for a while and listen to my limbs breakin in the fukin Cold and listen to my sons BS but, its workable..LOL

Last edited:
Governor Newsom is projecting that as many as 25m people could catch the virus partly because the state's medical system is being overwhelmed by the coronavirus.

Btw 25m is 56% of the CA population.

What is the correlation between catching the virus and the overwhelmed medical system? Does the virus know the medical system is overwhelmed and it's going in for the kill?

What is the correlation between catching the virus and the overwhelmed medical system? Does the virus know the medical system is overwhelmed and it's going in for the kill?

Sounds like someone spent some money that they shouldn't have...LOL

Sigh and roll my eyes over sarcastic comments like this.

But I'll play along. After reading this reply let me say this. Since I last checked this morning the number of cases in the U.S. had risen to 38,757 a dramatic increase in just a few hours and the death toll is now 416 it was 400 this morning and there are so many other casualties and fatalities that haven't been reported yet. Governor Newsom was talking about what could happen in 6 months if this virus has not been stopped there may not be enough hospitals, doctors, and treatments to deal with the coronavirus.

We'll see what kind of song you guys will sing when it hits TX hard and rest assured it will.

But I'll play along. After reading this reply let me say this. Since I last checked this morning the number of cases in the U.S. had risen to 38,757 a dramatic increase in just a few hours and the death toll is now 416 it was 400 this morning and there are so many other casualties and fatalities that haven't been reported yet. Governor Newsom was talking about what could happen in 6 months if this virus has not been stopped there may not be enough hospitals, doctors, and treatments to deal with the coronavirus.

We'll see what kind of song you guys will sing when it hits TX hard and rest assured it will.
And we'll see what kind of song you will sing when Uncle Sam says sorry Outhereincali, we're cutting off your monthly check for this. I'm willing to bet your tune changes dramatically. Want to bet?

It's already here. Many many people have it and are getting over it right now, oh my. The sad state of affairs in the US includes the poor physical health of it's citizens. America is full of lazy fatasses. If I am a hospital, only those with genetic diseases would be allowed. Any fatass with type 2 diabetes that is hoarding ho ho's, ding dongs, honey buns, etc... would not be allowed. This includes smokers and those that hate fruits and vegetables. Tough shit, you're on your own.

Last edited:
Reactions: Belldozer1
And we will see how long it takes MM to kick your 3 asses outa here, you 3 are like a big shit magnets for him!

ADVERTISEMENT