ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Interesting Stats

Well sorry fellas there are no sports to discuss and what I’m posting is a damn real reality if this deal keeps on this way

I have friends and relatives getting laid off left and right. The great mortgage bailout is nigh upon us.

Strangerhorn I guarantee if this thing goes on and there's an interruption to social security checks you'll begin to hear from a lot of folks just like the people losing jobs over this mess.

Now that's a foolish comment even for you.

And we'll see what kind of song you will sing when Uncle Sam says sorry Outhereincali, we're cutting off your monthly check for this. I'm willing to bet your tune changes dramatically. Want to bet?

The govt is going to take anything from me. I've worked saved we've invested some and I believe in the laws of tithing. My wife are going to be fine for a good long while.

The govt is going to take anything from me. I've worked saved we've invested some and I believe in the laws of tithing. My wife are going to be fine for a good long while.
Ah so you’re saying you don’t get a SS check? Not true. If you’re saying you don’t rely on that to survive then good for you. Other folks can’t say the same.

Sigh and roll my eyes over sarcastic comments like this.

But I'll play along. After reading this reply let me say this. Since I last checked this morning the number of cases in the U.S. had risen to 38,757 a dramatic increase in just a few hours and the death toll is now 416 it was 400 this morning and there are so many other casualties and fatalities that haven't been reported yet. Governor Newsom was talking about what could happen in 6 months if this virus has not been stopped there may not be enough hospitals, doctors, and treatments to deal with the coronavirus.

We'll see what kind of song you guys will sing when it hits TX hard and rest assured it will.

No sarcasm, just another stupid fvcking statement by yet another moronic governor. He is saying that Because that because the hospitals are overrun then 25 million people are going to catch the virus. That doesn't make a bit of sense. Might as well say that because prisons are full, 25 million people are going to commit crimes.

But then again, this is from the same party that thinks missles were really important in WWII.

I’m not jumping into this fight. But serious question for all - where is your money “invested”? If it’s the stock market - no one should be comfortable. Real estate? Dallas just issued a 60 day moratorium on evictions, which gives the green light for every tenant to skip rent payments. Bonds? Interest rates are at record lows. Gold is dropping - and I thought its value was for end times like these. Even all sports are shut down - I can’t even “invest” in a parlay to catch up quickly. This is ugly - and relentless.

You know I ride the bus everyday for the past 6 years to work and I have never caught the flu. I don’t take flu shots I do wash my hands a lot maybe that’s why. Reading and researching I find this virus being the biggest issue is that it’s novel not the typical seasonal flu. I’m not overreacting but I’m also listening to the experts and staying a way from large groups. I’m pre diabetic by genetics not because I’m a lardass, my mom has MS and my dad has diabetes. If anything were to happen to them because I was selfish and went out and ignored warnings I’d be crushed. Neither of my parents are overweight just bad luck.

Simple solution--

Lockdown the elderly, those with pre-existing health issues that make them vulnerable to this disease, and little kids. Let those of us that are healthy return to work and fend off the virus for ourselves. Three positives of this:

1. Many healthy people will build immunities or resistance to the virus.
2. The economy will not crater as badly.
3. If quarantined properly, deaths of the elderly and weak will be minimized.

You know I ride the bus everyday for the past 6 years to work and I have never caught the flu. I don’t take flu shots I do wash my hands a lot maybe that’s why. Reading and researching I find this virus being the biggest issue is that it’s novel not the typical seasonal flu. I’m not overreacting but I’m also listening to the experts and staying a way from large groups. I’m pre diabetic by genetics not because I’m a lardass, my mom has MS and my dad has diabetes. If anything were to happen to them because I was selfish and went out and ignored warnings I’d be crushed. Neither of my parents are overweight just bad luck.

Yes, this is the person I am talking about. You and your family should be the ones getting the beds if you have genetic diabetes. Clob is correct, let the healthy fight it until a vaccine is established. If one is at risk, set yourself apart and stay away from the kids. Most of the school kids will never know they have it if they are allowed to catch it. This isn't polio or diptheria. If we were to take this route, over 70% of the population would be immune by fall. Maybe we get a vaccine by fall and there is enough for the remaining 30% to gain immunity, we win.

Last edited:
Simple solution--

Lockdown the elderly, those with pre-existing health issues that make them vulnerable to this disease, and little kids. Let those of us that are healthy return to work and fend off the virus for ourselves. Three positives of this:

Only problem with people going into work is the ability to spread it and then losing your work force quickly. It’s happened at our office with the flu. People were out not working and that whole department was up shit creek. We’re working from home but I’m corporate not field. I assume the field workers are still having to drive into terminals to work.

Well the field workers that still have a job.

Last edited:
Sigh and roll my eyes over sarcastic comments like this.

But I'll play along. After reading this reply let me say this. Since I last checked this morning the number of cases in the U.S. had risen to 38,757 a dramatic increase in just a few hours and the death toll is now 416 it was 400 this morning and there are so many other casualties and fatalities that haven't been reported yet. Governor Newsom was talking about what could happen in 6 months if this virus has not been stopped there may not be enough hospitals, doctors, and treatments to deal with the coronavirus.

We'll see what kind of song you guys will sing when it hits TX hard and rest assured it will.
Could the increase in confirmed cases be due to the fact that they have now tested about 250,000 Americans. I wonder how many people actually get the flu and never test positive because they never got tested. My daughter tested negative for the flu earlier this year, but they gave her Tamiflu anyways, does she count as a person by the CDC that had the flu?

Reactions: Belldozer1
I’m not jumping into this fight. But serious question for all - where is your money “invested”? If it’s the stock market - no one should be comfortable. Real estate? Dallas just issued a 60 day moratorium on evictions, which gives the green light for every tenant to skip rent payments. Bonds? Interest rates are at record lows. Gold is dropping - and I thought its value was for end times like these. Even all sports are shut down - I can’t even “invest” in a parlay to catch up quickly. This is ugly - and relentless.

1. Payoff your house. This is survivable.

2. $10's,$20's, and some $50's.

3. Self defense.

The extended leverage strategy is about to go up in smoke.

Last edited:
Honestly
Simple solution--

Are you suggesting that we send the elderly a one way ticket on the FEMA Express to the FEMA camp nearest them? I like your style son. just kidding @oldhorn2, @StrangerHorn etc. I’m not kidding about wanting to inquire about a potential reservation for my in laws tho

Only problem with people going into work is the ability to spread it and then losing your work force quickly. It’s happened at our office with the flu. People were out not working and that whole department was up shit creek. We’re working from home but I’m corporate not field. I assume the field workers are still having to drive into terminals to work.

Well the field workers that still have a job.
I’m not sure which one is killing our workforce quicker, the Coronavirus or oil prices? If you survive one, the other may get you on the backend

Honestly

Are you suggesting that we send the elderly a one way ticket on the FEMA Express to the FEMA camp nearest them? I like your style son. just kidding @oldhorn2, @StrangerHorn etc. I’m not kidding about wanting to inquire about a potential reservation for my in laws tho

You forget their are a lotta Vietnam Vets that are old and still moving doing all kinds of shit, if we had to fight again, everybody would be there, Gulf wars vets getting old too, only ticket anyone wouldf get would be the one giving them

I’m not sure which one is killing our workforce q and then the Stocks break and ya all shittin like uicker, the Coronavirus or oil prices? If you survive one, the other may get you on the backend

Cause you young people don't know when to keep ya money close,,,always trying to make more, never satisfied, then it crashes and ya'll start shittin like a Pet Coon

Cause you young people don't know when to keep ya money close,,,always trying to make more, never satisfied, then it crashes and ya'll start shittin like a Pet Coon
Well you have to admit that this is kind of an odd phenomenon happening right now. It’s really not that cut and dried simply because we don’t know how long this will go on and the variables involved

Well you have to admit that this is kind of an odd phenomenon happening right now. It’s really not that cut and dried simply because we don’t know how long this will go on and the variables involved

You really don't want us back together again, you could not control us back then and ya damn sure wouldn't now. Plus we are brotherhood that sticks together for the long haul, talk to the Devil before you asked this...LOL

Last edited:
Simple solution--

I like it! You young and healthy(alledgedly) folks need to get out there and carry the flag for a while. Strange thing is....over 50% of those confirmed are between ages of 20 and 50. This shows one of 2 things.....Either those "young and healthy" are only young, but not healthy, or.....the more obvious....The young ones are a bunch of pussies that run to the Dr. to get tested when the first sniffle appears.

Young....and healthy...are not synonomous.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
What I want to know is why are those Senators that attended the top secret briefings about the contasion not in jail for insider trading when they walked out of the meetings and immediately closed all stock positions? I know that this supposed "royalty" gets rich off our backs, but they don't have to rub our noses in it.....

Only variables in my life is I know where my money I saved for 50 yrs is and I, know where Trooper is and I know where the Shiner is, outside of that and all my kids got money, if they need more than they call me for it, and I give it to them, my wife is set in case I die, and I can't take it with me so? You try to get too deep with this shit Bell! It don't mean nothing!

Only variables in my life is I know where my money I saved for 50 yrs is and I, know where Trooper is and I know where the Shiner is, outside of that and all my kids got money, if they need more than they call me for it, and I give it to them, my wife is set in case I die, and I can't take it with me so? You try to get too deep with this shit Bell! It don't mean nothing!

money is only something you need in case you don't die tomorrow....

regarding the Flu this Season in the US. If you take the low end, there are on average 230,000 new cases everyday and on average 140 new deaths everyday (high end numbers are 325,000 cases and 355 deaths)...……….

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/preliminary-in-season-estimates.htm

127,770 completed cases of Coronavirus. These are all the known cases with an outcome...cured or death. There have been 18,891 deaths. That is a mortality rate of 14.79%. Those are the numbers from Johns Hopkins.

2018-2019 flu season had 35.5 million cases. Total deaths were just over 34,000. Death rate of 0.09%.

it is a very different thing.

127,770 completed cases of Coronavirus. These are all the known cases with an outcome...cured or death. There have been 18,891 deaths. That is a mortality rate of 14.79%. Those are the numbers from Johns Hopkins.

2018-2019 flu season had 35.5 million cases. Total deaths were just over 34,000. Death rate of 0.09%.

This does not include the untested who get well. Only the sick who show up at the hospital.

Let’s quote US figures hoss, then let’s all get back to work

Let’s quote US figures hoss, then let’s all get back to work
See, that is just the thing. I would rather they shut it all down for a month and get it over with. I do not want us to be the do nothing countries like Italy and Spain. Italy’s death rate is is 10% including ALL CASES and not just the closed ones. Spain is not far behind. Look at South Korea. They were arguably the most aggressive in their response. 9,137 total cases and only 126 deaths. 1.37%

I was the guy who laughed at all this three weeks ago. Now my argument is if you don’t do this early, work stoppages, and you let this drag out, you are delaying and causing more harm to the economy. Many businesses can survive a 30 day shut down. None can survive a year of floundering around in this limbo nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT