ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Interesting Stats

See, that is just the thing. I would rather they shut it all down for a month and get it over with. I do not want us to be the do nothing countries like Italy and Spain. Italy’s death rate is is 10% including ALL CASES and not just the closed ones. Spain is not far behind. Look at South Korea. They were arguably the most aggressive in their response. 9,137 total cases and only 126 deaths. 1.37%

I was the guy who laughed at all this three weeks ago. Now my argument is if you don’t do this early, work stoppages, and you let this drag out, you are delaying and causing more harm to the economy. Many businesses can survive a 30 day shut down. None can survive a year of floundering around in this limbo nonsense.
I get your point. Let me ask you something. If Trump was to shut this thing down for a full 30 days what happens when flu season rolls around next year? It’s a proven killer of thousands upon thousands right here in the US every year. Do you shut down the country then too? If you don’t then Trump will be accused of picking and choosing who dies, according to his detractors. What’s next? Shutting down the US during certain months due to heading off potential climate warming doomsday scenarios? Where would it all end? Unfortunately the world is not perfect.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
127,770 completed cases of Coronavirus. These are all the known cases with an outcome...cured or death. There have been 18,891 deaths. That is a mortality rate of 14.79%. Those are the numbers from Johns Hopkins.

2018-2019 flu season had 35.5 million cases. Total deaths were just over 34,000. Death rate of 0.09%.

it is a very different thing.
You are comparing the World to the Stats I provided which are in the US. Not only that, the number of cured will dramatically increase in the next few weeks once people being tested in the last few weeks and now are cured. Also, I don't recall us shutting down the US and the Media hyperventilating when an estimated 80,000 AMERICANS died during the 2017-2018 Flu Season (see Linky):

https://www.statnews.com/2018/09/26/cdc-us-flu-deaths-winter/

I get your point. Let me ask you something. If Trump was to shut this thing down for a full 30 days what happens when flu season rolls around next year? It’s a proven killer of thousands upon thousands right here in the US every year. Do you shut down the country then too? If you don’t then Trump will be accused of picking and choosing who dies, according to his detractors. What’s next? Shutting down the US during certain months due to heading off potential climate warming doomsday scenarios? Where would it all end? Unfortunately the world is not perfect.
Not perfect indeed. As to politics, I do not vote therefore I do not criticize nor praise. I would never protest against the Government nor will I join a support rally.

Please don’t take my words as criticizing the President because he has a job I cannot fathom. However, I do have an opinion that while shutting things down may seem excessive to many, and I was one of them 10 days ago, I know believe it will curtail the losses in the long run. The fear factor is high to the point of being excessive but it is there and it IS affecting the economy.

As to the number of flu deaths and the “shutting down the system over it.” Well, the day the deaths of “Seasonal flu” has the same effect on our economy as this stuff has.....then shut it down. It won’t unless it were a “Pandemic flu” which IS NOT the same thing.

Not perfect indeed. As to politics, I do not vote therefore I do not criticize nor praise. I would never protest against the Government nor will I join a support rally.

Please don’t take my words as criticizing the President because he has a job I cannot fathom. However, I do have an opinion that while shutting things down may seem excessive to many, and I was one of them 10 days ago, I know believe it will curtail the losses in the long run. The fear factor is high to the point of being excessive but it is there and it IS affecting the economy.

As to the number of flu deaths and the “shutting down the system over it.” Well, the day the deaths of “Seasonal flu” has the same effect on our economy as this stuff has.....then shut it down. It won’t unless it were a “Pandemic flu” which IS NOT the same thing.
How is 80,000 Dead Americans caused by the Flu in a 6 month span not a Pandemic?! Total Deaths Worldwide currently in 3 months are at 20,500 (809 in 2 months in the US). I know this will clearly go up, but seriously, shutdown the world and destroy the economy? Would The Chinese Virus have this affect on our economy if it hadn't been shut down?

Reactions: Belldozer1
Why do we treat the seasonal flu different than a virus that is in animals that can be transmitted to humans?

I’ll bow out on this but the answer is simple....because it didn’t. If it had we would have needed to respond differently.

Because at the current Coronavirus mortality rates, if the same number of people contracted the Coronavirus as the seasonal flu, 80,000 deaths would only be a drop in the bucket. 2 million? 4 million? More?
There is a difference between a seasonal flu and a Pandemic flu. The Spanish Flu of 1918 was pandemic.

From the CDC:

Seasonal Flu: Rates of medical visits, complications, hospitalizations and death can vary from low to high
CDC estimates that flu-related hospitalizations since 2010 ranged from 140,000 to 710,000, while flu-related deaths are estimated to have ranged from 12,000 to 56,000.

Pandemic Flu: Rates of medical visits, complications, hospitalizations and death can range from moderate to high
Number of deaths could be much higher than seasonal flu (e.g. The estimated U.S. death toll during the 1918 pandemic was approximately 675,000)

How often does it happen?

Seasonal Flu: Happens annually and usually peaks between December and February

Pandemic Flu: Rarely happens (three times in 20th century)

Seasonal Flu: Usually some immunity from previous exposures and influenza vaccination

Pandemic Flu: Most people have little or no immunity because they have no previous exposure to the virus or similar viruses

Seasonal Flu: Vaccine available for annual flu season
Usually, one dose of vaccine is needed for most people

Pandemic Flu: Although the US government maintains a limited stockpile of pandemic vaccine, vaccine may not be available in the early stages of a pandemic
Two doses of vaccine may be needed

So the CDC says since 2010 there have been up to 56,000 Americans die. 675,000 died in 2018. Seasonal flu has a solution. Pandemic normally does not.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/about.html

Reactions: LongfellowDrew
The reason I don't shake hands is not because of the Corona virus....I don't shake hands because everyone is out of toilet paper!

Reactions: westx
How is 80,000 Dead Americans caused by the Flu in a 6 month span not a Pandemic?! Total Deaths Worldwide currently in 3 months are at 20,500 (809 in 2 months in the US). I know this will clearly go up, but seriously, shutdown the world and destroy the economy? Would The Chinese Virus have this affect on our economy if it hadn't been shut down?
And therein lies the whole mystery.

I’ll bow out on this but the answer is simple....because it didn’t. If it had we would have needed to respond differently.

Because at the current Coronavirus mortality rates, if the same number of people contracted the Coronavirus as the seasonal flu, 80,000 deaths would only be a drop in the bucket. 2 million? 4 million? More?
There is a difference between a seasonal flu and a Pandemic flu. The Spanish Flu of 1918 was pandemic.

From the CDC:

Seasonal Flu: Rates of medical visits, complications, hospitalizations and death can vary from low to high
CDC estimates that flu-related hospitalizations since 2010 ranged from 140,000 to 710,000, while flu-related deaths are estimated to have ranged from 12,000 to 56,000.

Pandemic Flu: Rates of medical visits, complications, hospitalizations and death can range from moderate to high
Number of deaths could be much higher than seasonal flu (e.g. The estimated U.S. death toll during the 1918 pandemic was approximately 675,000)

How often does it happen?

Seasonal Flu: Happens annually and usually peaks between December and February

Pandemic Flu: Rarely happens (three times in 20th century)

Seasonal Flu: Usually some immunity from previous exposures and influenza vaccination

Pandemic Flu: Most people have little or no immunity because they have no previous exposure to the virus or similar viruses

Seasonal Flu: Vaccine available for annual flu season
Usually, one dose of vaccine is needed for most people

Pandemic Flu: Although the US government maintains a limited stockpile of pandemic vaccine, vaccine may not be available in the early stages of a pandemic
Two doses of vaccine may be needed

So the CDC says since 2010 there have been up to 56,000 Americans die. 675,000 died in 2018. Seasonal flu has a solution. Pandemic normally does not.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/pandemic-resources/basics/about.html

Okay, I am trying to be nice. I won't call you names or make fun of your intelligence.

I will just say, the statistics don't support your projections. Worldwide, no one 0 to 9 has died. 10 - 40 the death rate is .0002 % If 250 million people got the China virus, and 60% are under the age of 40, then we are looking at 30,000 dying.

Of the rest, the numbers go up, but the numbers project at around 1.2 million to about 4 million.

So if 250 million people get this disease we are looking at a death rate of less than 5 million on the high side, and 2 million on the low side.

That is slightly more than the average year for traffic deaths worldwide. 1.35 million each year.

I wonder if cars are also a pandemic?

This is a cull. Period. I know it sounds insensitive to say that, but it is what it is. You can't fight a cull. For the collective good, everyone should be exposed to the disease. Remember when all kids got chicken pox? Why?

Because when you get chicken pox as a kid you can survive it.

If you DONT get it as a kid and get it as an adult, you fvcking die.

The healthy could get corona and survive and their bodies will build an immunity to it, or at least a resistance. But now the next time this bug comes back stronger and infects people, the healthy that get infected could be turned into liquid sh!t.

You simply can not fight the fact that we as humans, in order to evolve and survive, must experience a cull from time to time. It's biology 101.

Okay, I am trying to be nice. I won't call you names or make fun of your intelligence.

I will just say, the statistics don't support your projections. Worldwide, no one 0 to 9 has died. 10 - 40 the death rate is .0002 % If 250 million people got the China virus, and 60% are under the age of 40, then we are looking at 30,000 dying.

Of the rest, the numbers go up, but the numbers project at around 1.2 million to about 4 million.

So if 250 million people get this disease we are looking at a death rate of less than 5 million on the high side, and 2 million on the low side.

That is slightly more than the average year for traffic deaths worldwide. 1.35 million each year.

I wonder if cars are also a pandemic?

Call names if you want. Don’t care. You think you are so far on the other side of this from me but the truth is you are really not. My view is, while I may think and you may think this stoppage should not have to take place, the truth of the matter is car wrecks (not a pandemic) hasn’t caused the market to lose 30% in two weeks. This has. My views are not that this is the end of time but what is the quickest way to get through it. Get this whole thing past us.
As to my using all the CDC info listed above, this was a response to show the difference between a pandemic flu and seasonal flu.

If we can’t discuss something without resorting to name calling then our intelligence should be brought into question.

Last edited:
The market lost 30% because businesses were shut down. Market value is based largely on projected earnings. If the government outlawed cars to fight a car wreck pandemic - you would see a similar fast drop in the market.

so now I’m confused, Dr. Farce is now claiming this could be a seasonal problem. Well that sounds an awful lot like the seasonal flu we already have. So is he saying this is going to be a reoccurring seasonal pandemic? Sorry friends, the fix is in, people have been lining their pockets over this pandemic bs and now they’re trying to morph it into a seasonal flu. There’s more at work here.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...avirus-come-cycles-death-toll-hits-1-000.html

Last edited:
Seasonal “flu” that is not a flu? Great.

I don’t think anyone really knows anything. I think both sides are purely speculating. All I do know is:

1) My job has been a craptastic blur in dealing with clients and how the Stock Market has knocked the snot out of their portfolios. But more than the actual affect on their portfolio, the irrational fear of going to Zero and the anxiety that they pass on to me is tiring.

2) My wife finds out tomorrow if her and her coworkers will all be fired or given a reduction in salary so low that unemployment would be WAY more profitable for them.

Seasonal “flu” that is not a flu? Great.

I don’t think anyone really knows anything. I think both sides are purely speculating. All I do know is:

1) My job has been a craptastic blur in dealing with clients and how the Stock Market has knocked the snot out of their portfolios. But more than the actual affect on their portfolio, the irrational fear of going to Zero and the anxiety that they pass on to me is tiring.

2) My wife finds out tomorrow if her and her coworkers will all be fired or given a reduction in salary so low that unemployment would be WAY more profitable for them.
Then you’re a perfect person to ask this to. Would you rather lose your job and go dead broke or take your chance and get the Coronavirus? Here’s the deal that the CNN’s if the world don’t broadcast: GETTING THE CORONAVIRUS IS NOWHERE NEAR A DEATH SENTENCE AND MORE THAN LIKELY YOU WILL HAVE LITTLE TO NO SYMPTOMS. Gee even though it’s not the traditional seasonal flu, the outcomes sure seem similar with the flu being the declared heavy weight in terms of confirmed deaths- and that’s on a consistent yearly basis. Go to their website it states it very clearly but in their daily broadcasts it’s a message of doom and gloom. Sorry the figures don’t add up to the hysteria. At this point, in terms of death rate, the seasonal flu laughs at the Coronavirus.

This virus is different than the flu. There is little fever if any at all. This corona virus aims for the lungs and kidneys. The symptoms can't be relieved by an aspirin because the masking of the symptoms may be deadly. The swollen lymph nodes hurt like hell, the headache is like caffeine withdrawal. The worst is the fatigue. There is no way to relieve the weakness. It's different. It also comes back with a punch. It takes physical strength to fight back. This was the perfect jab-left hook combo to take out our world system. Time is essential. It's goal is the lungs. If you can't kill it soon enough, it finds its mark. The developed world is full of weak people and it's going to do a lot of damage. Nowhere to run, face it head on. The herbal compounds I posted earlier have helped my family. My brother gave the virus to me and I gave it to my family. I don't think anyone will remain asymptomatic forever. It's a matter of time. I prolly saved my sister in laws skin. She was in bad shape. Some of those Chinese herbs really do work.

Last edited:
This virus is different than the flu. There is little fever if any at all. This corona virus aims for the lungs and kidneys. The symptoms can't be relieved by an aspirin because the masking of the symptoms may be deadly. The swollen lymph nodes hurt like hell, the headache is like caffeine withdrawal. The worst is the fatigue. There is no way to relieve the weakness. It's different. It also comes back with a punch. It takes physical strength to fight back. This was the perfect jab-left hook combo to take out our world system. Time is essential. It's goal is the lungs. If you can't kill it soon enough, it finds its mark. The developed world is full of weak people and it's going to do a lot of damage.
1 month ago I came down with a damn strong case of bronchitis type symptoms. I did not go to the doctor but I keep an amount of zpacks on hand that I ordered online about 2 yers ago. As soon as I felt that stuff getting deep in my lungs I took that Zack and it took me 3 weeks of heavy coughing and horrible sounding lungs. Perhaps I had it? Don’t know. I had no fever that I could tell.

1 month ago I came down with a damn strong case of bronchitis type symptoms. I did not go to the doctor but I keep an amount of zpacks on hand that I ordered online about 2 yers ago. As soon as I felt that stuff getting deep in my lungs I took that Zack and it took me 3 weeks of heavy coughing and horrible sounding lungs. Perhaps I had it? Don’t know. I had no fever that I could tell.
Allergies, I have them as well. I have found that for Corona Virus Isatis root extract is amazing (aka indigo root). No, I don't sell it. Get it. It's out there for 6.75 a bottle in capsule form (Highly recommended). The liquid tastes bad, like a weed. Order 1 bottle per person. This crap lasts 2 weeks. It virtually removes the symptoms but you have to take it systematically. Once you realize symptoms, 1000-1500 mg to knock it down, 3 pills. Then 1000-2000 mg a day depending on severity. The other plants are good as well. Their compounds attack the virus on 3 fronts(buplerum root, myricetin, houttania extract). They are 3CL Protease, helicase, and polymerase inhibitors. Advil, aspirin, tylenol, etc only mask symptoms and do nothing to the virus. If this is new to any of you, revisit my previous posts. The doctors in HK know their medicine.

I've guided 8 people through this junk including myself. I think I have a good prescription. No, I don't know why the medical industry refuses to use naturally occurring compounds. Little profit?

Last edited:
Reactions: Belldozer1
Then you’re a perfect person to ask this to. Would you rather lose your job and go dead broke or take your chance and get the Coronavirus? Here’s the deal that the CNN’s if the world don’t broadcast: GETTING THE CORONAVIRUS IS NOWHERE NEAR A DEATH SENTENCE AND MORE THAN LIKELY YOU WILL HAVE LITTLE TO NO SYMPTOMS. Gee even though it’s not the traditional seasonal flu, the outcomes sure seem similar with the flu being the declared heavy weight in terms of confirmed deaths- and that’s on a consistent yearly basis. Go to their website it states it very clearly but in their daily broadcasts it’s a message of doom and gloom. Sorry the figures don’t add up to the hysteria. At this point, in terms of death rate, the seasonal flu laughs at the Coronavirus.
Good question. Here is my take. I would rather go dead broke than give the virus to my 80 year old father who would very likely die due to his less than perfect health.

Me getting the virus at 51 gives me zero fear. Me giving it to someone who is not as strong as me and them dying does bother me.

Reactions: HornsRuleU
Good question. Here is my take. I would rather go dead broke than give the virus to my 80 year old father who would very likely die due to his less than perfect health.

Me getting the virus at 51 gives me zero fear. Me giving it to someone who is not as strong as me and them dying does bother me.

Transmission is not your fault.

Agreed but I would still feel terrible to the point it would be very hard to carry it around.

Reactions: 2300 Nueces

I get that I’m 49but what I’m saying is this: Do we go into shut down mode next year during flu season? We know damn good and well that it’s going to kill thousands. If we don’t go into shut down mode then you are effectively choosing to kill some folks under the same scenario that we’re dealing with now. This has an opportunity to get way out of control now and even more so going forward. A lot of the folks in charge would love for us to be under their constant control on a full time basis

Last edited:

You can separate the 2 and that is what is missing. We don't need to shutdown the economy for people to stay away from their parents or the elderly for a few months in order to keep them safe. Also, stats in Texas as of this morning, Population 30 Million, over 13,000 tested, 974 Positive Results and 12 deaths. Flu Deaths this year over 2500. That is not a Pandemic.

The statements you made could also be contributed to you having the Flu.

I will say this and you can all call me the devil if you want. I’m at my office still everyday. Things have to get done and it is very inconvenient for me to try to work out of my house. I’m taking all the precautions I can, washing my hands multiple times a day, I shower as soon as I come home etc. but I’m just doing what I have to do. These folks who own businesses and are having to fold up, damn that’s awful. How do you think they feel knowing thousands died from the flu this last year but they weren’t forced to close up shop? Somethings not right here and folks can draw their own conclusions but if it smells like a rat, it usually is one.

You can separate the 2 and that is what is missing. We don't need to shutdown the economy for people to stay away from their parents or the elderly for a few months in order to keep them safe. Also, stats in Texas as of this morning, Population 30 Million, over 13,000 tested, 974 Positive Results and 12 deaths. Flu Deaths this year over 2500. That is not a Pandemic.

The statements you made could also be contributed to you having the Flu.

Eventually, the number will be worst than the flu. There is no vaccine. Clob is correct, this virus in meant to cull people. Whether it's lab or naturally developed doesn't matter at this point. It made sense to me to look for ways to fight the virus in convert with my immune system. This virus is new and unique to humans so it will have a higher mortality rate until we build immunity. The second wave will be worse if there is one.

I will say this and you can all call me the devil if you want. I’m at my office still everyday. Things have to get done and it is very inconvenient for me to try to work out of my house. I’m taking all the precautions I can, washing my hands multiple times a day, I shower as soon as I come home etc. but I’m just doing what I have to do. These folks who own businesses and are having to fold up, damn that’s awful. How do you think they feel knowing thousands died from the flu this last year but they weren’t forced to close up shop? Somethings not right here and folks can draw their own conclusions but if it smells like a rat, it usually is one.

The rat is our economic system relying on debt. It wasn't always this way. Not going to get on my soapbox but pandemics are natural. They have happened throughout history and are to be expected.

The rat is our economic system relying on debt. It wasn't always this way. Not going to get on my soapbox but pandemics are natural. They have happened throughout history and are to be expected.
Well, yes you’re correct about that and people should be better with their money no doubt but I’m just referring to them being told to lock up thereby causing them to basically have no business. That sucks. And it’s not just small business, I see where Cheesecake Factory can’t make rent

Well, yes you’re correct about that and people should be better with their money no doubt but I’m just referring to them being told to lock up thereby causing them to basically have no business. That sucks. And it’s not just small business, I see where Cheesecake Factory can’t make rent

You'll understand this. We have created an idol of our economic system built upon debt. We are getting a lesson in human stupidy. We have ignored history and trusted in our own creation. Now we pay.

ADVERTISEMENT