ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Interesting Stats

Eventually, the number will be worst than the flu. There is no vaccine. Clob is correct, this virus in meant to cull people. Whether it's lab or naturally developed doesn't matter at this point. It made sense to me to look for ways to fight the virus in convert with my immune system. This virus is new and unique to humans so it will have a higher mortality rate until we build immunity. The second wave will be worse if there is one.
Maybe, maybe not. As of now, I think that is hard to say. Let's remember that almost half of the cases in the US are in one state, New York.

Well, we may disagree on this and that's fine, but I think one thing we can all agree on; Nancy Pelosi is a drunk ass, drugged up, stupid bitch. She makes me want to ram an ice pick through my skull...………..
Those attempted “additions” to the stimulus bill ought to be criminal and probably are. Who knows what all got included in the end, you can bet your ass that we the people are getting ultimately screwed by both sides

Last edited:
Good question. Here is my take. I would rather go dead broke than give the virus to my 80 year old father who would very likely die due to his less than perfect health.

Me getting the virus at 51 gives me zero fear. Me giving it to someone who is not as strong as me and them dying does bother me.

Understood. Going to work does not mean you will give the CV to your father. If the world goes into depression, it's a certainty that millions in 3rd world countries will starve to death. It may already be baked into the cake.

Twenty one thousand die every day from hunger due to lack of adequate employment. Imagine what this will look like in a depression.... maybe 100,000 a day, maybe more?

https://editorials.voa.gov/a/world-hunger-day-2019/4935420.html

Something is wrong with this virus picture.

Last edited:
For those keeping score at home.....The US now leads the world in confirmed Corona Virus cases. ...Yep....we sacked China....left em in the dust!...No stopping us now!

Let me know when the number of Covid 19 Infected People passes 45 million. Thats how many Americans get the flu . . . EVERY YEAR.

So right now, we've got 44.900 million people that need to get infected with COVID 19 to go to catch the normal flu.

Death comparisons between COVID and regular flu are even more eye rolling. Not scerd! Pissed? Absolutely, but not scerd!

So you really believe the numbers coming out of China?! Ummmm okay......

Dewey....That was a facetious comment on my part....I didn't realize anyone took it seriously. The fact is I don't believe the numbers by ANY government including ours. I don't believe any stats I have read are the truth.....You said we had 230,000 new cases of flu every day. Maybe so, but I find it hard to believe that if that is so there would be 230 million with the flu in just 3 months. That doesn't take into account the numbers "acceleration". I am not picking on you because I think you are a smart well educated, well read guy that is worth listening to.

I even agree with your argument....I am just disinclined to believe the numbers. I just can't bring myself to believe what ANY politician says.

I come to this forum for the bullshit. I think it is generally of high quality....moreso than any other forum.I consider you, Bell,& Heisenberg to be valuable contributors.

That is a long way around answering your question.

Reactions: Deweygolfer
….so my neighbor tells me.....sitting around the house doing nothing is easy until they tell you it is all you can do....

Reactions: Deweygolfer
Very Interesting information about the Swine Flu that I really don't remember too many people caring about or being as concerned with as we are currently with The Chinese Virus:

The 2009 swine flu pandemic or swine flu was an influenza pandemic that lasted from January 2009 to August 2010, and the second of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus (the first being the 1918–1920 Spanish flu pandemic), albeit a new strain. First described in April 2009, the virus appeared to be a new strain of H1N1, which resulted from a previous triple reassortment of bird, swine, and human flu viruses further combined with a Eurasian pig flu virus,[9] leading to the term "swine flu".[10] Some studies estimated that 11 to 21 percent of the global population at the time – or around 700 million to 1.4 billion people (out of a total of 6.8 billion) – contracted the illness. This was more than the number of people infected by the Spanish flu pandemic,[6][11] but only resulted in about 150,000 to 575,000 fatalities for the 2009 pandemic.[12] A follow-up study done in September 2010 showed that the risk of serious illness resulting from the 2009 H1N1 flu was no higher than that of the yearly seasonal flu.[13] For comparison, the WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people die of seasonal flu annually.[8]

Unlike most strains of influenza, the Pandemic H1N1/09 virus does not disproportionately infect adults older than 60 years; this was an unusual and characteristic feature of the H1N1 pandemic.

May not be as good of treatment you have, 2400nueces (can you reprint yours again w directions?), but I've got a pot of caldo de pollo cooking to fight off that coronavirus.

Hook em Horns!

Interesting stat---- for every 1% increase in the unemployment in the United States, there are between 5000 and 5500 suicides.

Many economists and politicians are saying we could reach 30% unemployment.

30 x 5000 = 150,000 suicides.

So let's have people blowing their heads off because they can't afford to feed their kids or pay their rent or electric bill. Much better than catching a disease that you have a large chance of surviving.

Pandemic Flu: Although the US government maintains a limited stockpile of pandemic vaccine, vaccine may not be available in the early stages of a pandemic
Two doses of vaccine may be needed
There is no such thing as a generic "pandemic vaccine." There is no flu called "pandemic." As of December 2019, no one had a vaccine for Covid-19. There is no tested vaccine now, although LOTS of testing is going on. The experts said it'll be another 11-17 months before one is developed. (They said 12-18 months a month ago, I think.)

Very Interesting information about the Swine Flu that I really don't remember too many people caring about or being as concerned with as we are currently with The Chinese Virus:

The 2009 swine flu pandemic or swine flu was an influenza pandemic that lasted from January 2009 to August 2010, and the second of the two pandemics involving H1N1 influenza virus (the first being the 1918–1920 Spanish flu pandemic), albeit a new strain. First described in April 2009, the virus appeared to be a new strain of H1N1, which resulted from a previous triple reassortment of bird, swine, and human flu viruses further combined with a Eurasian pig flu virus,[9] leading to the term "swine flu".[10] Some studies estimated that 11 to 21 percent of the global population at the time – or around 700 million to 1.4 billion people (out of a total of 6.8 billion) – contracted the illness. This was more than the number of people infected by the Spanish flu pandemic,[6][11] but only resulted in about 150,000 to 575,000 fatalities for the 2009 pandemic.[12] A follow-up study done in September 2010 showed that the risk of serious illness resulting from the 2009 H1N1 flu was no higher than that of the yearly seasonal flu.[13] For comparison, the WHO estimates that 250,000 to 500,000 people die of seasonal flu annually.[8]

Unlike most strains of influenza, the Pandemic H1N1/09 virus does not disproportionately infect adults older than 60 years; this was an unusual and characteristic feature of the H1N1 pandemic.
About 12 thousand people died from swine flu in the US in the absence of any social distancing. Covid is expected to kill many times that number despite an unprecedented lockdown.

There are good reasons why we are more concerned about this one.

Can you imagine the constant freaking out if every year the Media ran a daily Seasonal Flu Tracker of Confirmed Cases and Deaths like they are doing with The Chinese Virus...……………..Adding a Link. Look at the number of Flu and Pneumonia deaths per week!

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/fluview/m...s5mhp3QATH2Wp5Z4O9o5VX1Wo722Nu8LhEHHabLHqIDu8
Seasonal flu doesn't often threaten to overwhelm the health system. But if it did, you can bet it would be covered just like this.

I really don't know how you can still not grasp what kind of calamity this virus would be if we didn't lock down like we are. And it still might be very bad. You have to be willfully ignorant at this point to be comparing causes of death.

Seasonal flu doesn't often threaten to overwhelm the health system. But if it did, you can bet it would be covered just like this.

I really don't know how you can still not grasp what kind of calamity this virus would be if we didn't lock down like we are. And it still might be very bad. You have to be willfully ignorant at this point to be comparing causes of death.
Did you even look at the link? There are a combined 3000-3500 deaths per week caused by the flu and pneumonia! If you actually paid attention, that number during peak times (which is January to current) puts the US at a constant at or above threshold level. The reason we are now getting overrun on supplies and hospital space is that a New Virus has been introduced which just adds to the complications. I never said it wasn't a big deal, but you can't put The Chinese Virus in a Vacuum and act like it's the only contributing factor.

About 12 thousand people died from swine flu in the US in the absence of any social distancing. Covid is expected to kill many times that number despite an unprecedented lockdown.

There are good reasons why we are more concerned about this one.

The Swine Flu resulted in over 17,000 deaths in the US and over 60 million Americans that were infected and 300,000 hospitalized....just to be accurate. Covid-19 is more contagious but it's certainly not a death sentence. The biggest problem is that too many people who think they have Covid-19 are checking themselves into the hospital which is over-burdening our hospitals big time. ER doctors and nurses I know have told me that about 80% of the people coming into the hospital after testing positive don't need to come to the hospital but they're coming anyway because they're convinced they're going to die. That's a big problem as it's taking valuable medical staff and resources away from patients who are seriously affected by this virus and other illnesses. Most people can safely recover at home through self-quarantine measures from this virus.

The Swine Flu resulted in over 17,000 deaths in the US and over 60 million Americans that were infected and 300,000 hospitalized....just to be accurate. Covid-19 is more contagious but it's certainly not a death sentence. The biggest problem is that too many people who think they have Covid-19 are checking themselves into the hospital which is over-burdening our hospitals big time. ER doctors and nurses I know have told me that about 80% of the people coming into the hospital after testing positive don't need to come to the hospital but they're coming anyway because they're convinced they're going to die. That's a big problem as it's taking valuable medical staff and resources away from patients who are seriously affected by this virus and other illnesses. Most people can safely recover at home through self-quarantine measures from this virus.
Literally every figure I can find on swine flu deaths says just over 12k. Including the official cdc tally.

And if you can just check yourself into the hospital, that's news to me.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT