ADVERTISEMENT

Pretty Interesting Stats

Oh and by the way, anyone living in New Braunfels needs to drive by my buddy Alan’s feed store on Tuesdays about 7:30 in the morning and see the hoarding overreacters buying up all feed etc. The parking lot is crammed packed. This whole thing is overboard and compounded by ignorant sheeple.

Literally every figure I can find on swine flu deaths says just over 12k. Including the official cdc tally.

And if you can just check yourself into the hospital, that's news to me.

The CDC estimate is an average of the total reported cases from their various sources. The high was 18,000.

The hospital ER rooms are getting over-run by people who are otherwise healthy. They have to get checked out based on their reported symptoms and a positive test. Hospitals have to check them out before they can send them home or else they face the prospects of litigation by failing to run a thorough examination on someone. There are people in hospitals who insist they can't breathe and their tests are showing they have 100% healthy lungs. This requires further testing and examination which further burdens our hospital staff and resources unnecesarily. This is actually happening and anyone who thinks this is isn't a serious problem is just burying their head in the sand.

The CDC estimate is an average of the total reported cases from their various sources. The high was 18,000.

The hospital ER rooms are getting over-run by people who are otherwise healthy. They have to get checked out based on their reported symptoms and a positive test. Hospitals have to check them out before they can send them home or else they face the prospects of litigation by failing to run a thorough examination on someone. There are people in hospitals who insist they can't breathe and their tests are showing they have 100% healthy lungs. This requires further testing and examination which further burdens our hospital staff and resources unnecesarily. This is actually happening and anyone who thinks this is isn't a serious problem is just burying their head in the sand.
Exactly Drtx, I have friends who work in hospitals and have told me the same thing. We have a Media culture scaring the s**t out of everyone to the point where people with a minor symptom swear they have The Chinese Virus and are going to die. It has gotten way out of hand. Everyone needs to remember that there are 175,000 positive tests so far in the US out of more than 1 Million people tested (probably somewhere between 10-13% positives of people tested). I just checked and in Texas the positives are only at 7.5%.

Last edited:

Damn that sucks.

ADVERTISEMENT