ADVERTISEMENT

Purely hypothetical poll.... Winning vs. "Eyes of Texas"

Which of these choices would you rather go with?

• Total voters

hookem365

Jul 12, 2020
I have no knowledge of anything. Please do not interpret this as having anything to do with Urban's situation. The question popped in my head. Wondered what others think.

If Urban Meyer ( or any other top coach in the country you would want) wanted Texas to change its fight song because it was deemed a significant impediment to being able to recruit and team chemistry, what would you choose?

If Texas is winning the eyes of Texas isn’t a story. Things like that become stories when the team starts losing.

You are dodging the question.

We are not winning. If you believe that the path to winning has to involve hiring a top coach like Urban, but you have to pay the price (Eyes of Texas).. would you pay the price or choose eternal mediocrity?

You are dodging the question.

We are not winning. If you believe that the path to winning has to involve hiring a top coach like Urban, but you have to pay the price (Eyes of Texas).. would you pay the price or choose eternal mediocrity?
I’m not dodging the question I answered the question. Winning is(or should be) always number 1. You win games and all the other stuff goes away

If Texas is winning the eyes of Texas isn’t a story. Things like that become stories when the team starts losing.
So much this. When institutions are weak is when the vipers strike. Win a natty and the suddenly brave souls will go back to cowering under their victimhood blanket they knitted for themselves.

Whoever the coach is after the KS game next week he needs to resolve this conflict immediately. A fb coach who has worked with people of color and a strong enough personality to resolve this issue that will satisfy everyone involved.

I’m not dodging the question I answered the question. Winning is(or should be) always number 1. You win games and all the other stuff goes away
Baylor and Miami say hello! How you win and lose matters. Coaches have to teach respect....for things greater than themselves! This is about the Team and University.

But Baylor was winning.......?
Yeah and that’s why there was a coverup there were people close to the program that fought to the bitter end to keep Briles. Think he would of got that support if they were 6-6? I’m talking about relatively trivial stuff though like a coaches attitude, how he treats players, what players are doing after games etc.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Baylor and Miami say hello! How you win and lose matters. Coaches have to teach respect....for things greater than themselves! This is about the Team and University.
Lol Miami is actually a perfect example of what I’m talking about. That program was the Wild West for 30 years. No one cared because they were the talk of college football. Talent slipped a bit and all the sudden people start talking.

Lol Miami is actually a perfect example of what I’m talking about. That program was the Wild West for 30 years. No one cared because they were the talk of college football. Jimmy Johnson and Butch Davis left and all the sudden people start talking.
Fixed it for you lol. Point taken

But Baylor was winning.......?
Dang Bell you just can’t resist shots at BU! At the end of the day, Baylor NEVER played one player one down accused of anything. Blow U played Mixon, Westbrook, Dvoricek and even appealed to the NCAA to try to get Dorial Green Beckam eligible. You know why I DON’T believe in karma? Because the f’no Sooners are about to win their n’th straight conference title! Come on Horns - hire Briles and stop this nonsense!

Reactions: horn wild
It is quite telling that there is absolutely nobody on this board who is willing to stand up for the Eyes of Texas and say no to getting a top coach if that coach demanded that the Eyes of Texas be replaced as the fight song......

Reactions: CaptainZigZag

I do not disagree that winning and sending kids to the NFL will cure everything....
the question here is.... what price are you willing to pay to win? Because right now we are NOT winning and the status quo will not help you win.

It is quite telling that there is absolutely nobody on this board who is willing to stand up for the Eyes of Texas and say no to getting a top coach if that coach demanded that the Eyes of Texas be replaced as the fight song......

The only thing that is telling about this thread is the reason you started it.

Winning and The Eyes of Texas are not mutually exclusive.

No great coach would be worried about a school song, because they have so much self confidence that they do not believe there is an obstacle they cannot overcome.

Your post is rediculous. 80 - 90% of the alumni are united around keeping the eot. There is no reason we can't have a championship team and keep the eot. No coach has that kind of power. We pay coaches to win games, not to divide with their stupid liberal politics. When complete and utter dumb fvcks like Herman do it, they get the wrath of the alumni. His health is suffering. Look at him on camera. He has lost a lot of weight. He has bags under his eyes. This should be a lesson to any idiot looking to inject their politics into texas football. The BMD'S are completely aligned. They have never been aligned to my knowledge. It was Hermans sjw bs that made it happen.

Where do you get this data from? "80 - 90% of the alumni are united around keeping the eot."

I myself do not have a strong preference either way. But, I do not believe the numbers are as high as you claim.

Where do you get this data from? "80 - 90% of the alumni are united around keeping the eot."

I myself do not have a strong preference either way. But, I do not believe the numbers are as high as you claim.

Even the minister of culture is for keeping it, McConnehey. He is way left of center. Most of those who are left of center that are for keeping it understand that those who sing it aren't racist. The rap songs played at warm up and in the locker room are much more bigoted than the eot. Herman knows this. He is a huge hypocrite. Do we need to do comparisons?

Reactions: LonghornMM
I am not debating Eyes of Texas.
I only questioned your source for the 80-90% claim you made.

Even the minister of culture is for keeping it, McConnehey. He is way left of center. Most of those who are left of center that are for keeping it understand that those who sing it aren't racist. The rap songs played at warm up and in the locker room are much more bigoted than the eot. Herman knows this. He is a huge hypocrite. Do we need to do comparisons?

Absolutely!

ADVERTISEMENT