Games with Shane
Avg team rush yds - 106
Total team yardage - 369
Avg opp total defense ranking - 74

Games with Sam
Avg team rush yds - 175
Total team yardage - 444
Avg opp total defense ranking - 93

The anomaly for Sam was the OSU game. Was likely concussed that whole week from the OU game.

Its hard to measure both with the Oline in front of them.If the line will not give them enough time to make their reads in the passing game and a running game far from good makes life rough on a QB.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Data has no prejudice. VY & Colt made the entire team better. Sam makes the entire team better. Shane isn’t the dual threat that Sam is and the stats show it. The stat comparison is fair because they are both playing with the same offensive line.

Reactions: diadevic
never have been a fan of the "two-QB" system. Can't remember a National Championship team with two QB's.

never have been a fan of the "two-QB" system. Can't remember a National Championship team with two QB's.

We don't have a two QB system what we HAD is Shane start then get injured then Sam start then get injured. Shane just can't get the offense going and Sam can with his legs. I don't think we'll see Shane again unless it's due to injury or an absolute melt down on the field. Sam is the starter from here on out in my opinion.

Florida with Chris Leak and Tebow

Leak was the QB, Tebow was used as a wildcat. I wouldn't call that a 2 qb system anymore than I would a program runs a wildcat. It just happened to be another QB rather than a RB. Tebow barely threw a pass.

No one wants a 2 qb system. So if you have one you are likely a flawed team, we are a flawed team. Flawed teams aren't usually in contention for national championships.

Leak was the QB, Tebow was used as a wildcat. I wouldn't call that a 2 qb system anymore than I would a program runs a wildcat. It just happened to be another QB rather than a RB. Tebow barely threw a pass.

No one wants a 2 qb system. So if you have one you are likely a flawed team, we are a flawed team. Flawed teams aren't usually in contention for national championships.
Agree with you about the flawed team thing. There used to be a saying that if you have 2 QB's then you don't really have a QB at all. But wasn't one of the most memorable plays of the championship run when Tebow through the jump pass? Again not disagreeing with your premise.

Sam brings an electricity to the offense. Sam for a true freshman plays well and is a leader on the field and the sidelines. I feel like the offense responds to Sam and just is flat with Shane. Both are good quarterbacks, I just think Texas needs a leader on the offense and Sam is it.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
Mark McBath, Jon Aune and Randy McEachern came within one game!
I used to work with Mark McBath’s brother, Tom down in Corpus, he had some cool stories to tell. Unfortunately Tom’s life hasn’t turned out so well the last couple of years and anyone from Corpus area mayknow what I’m referring to. Too bad too because he’s a nice guy.

We don't have a two QB system what we HAD is Shane start then get injured then Sam start then get injured. Shane just can't get the offense going and Sam can with his legs. I don't think we'll see Shane again unless it's due to injury or an absolute melt down on the field. Sam is the starter from here on out in my opinion.
Sam should be the starter for the rest of the season. But to get back to were we want to be....QB play has to be Elite.

Last edited:
Sam should be the starter for the rest of the season. But to get back to were we want to be....QB play has to be Elite.

Yeah that's pretty much at every school. Sam's first year I'd say he's doing ok with true freshmen mistakes. People forget this kid was playing high school ball last season. He's a gamer just needs time with Herman to develop as an accurate passer and he needs maturity to know not to throw up passes and take the sack.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
I used to work with Mark McBath’s brother, Tom down in Corpus, he had some cool stories to tell. Unfortunately Tom’s life hasn’t turned out so well the last couple of years and anyone from Corpus area mayknow what I’m referring to. Too bad too because he’s a nice guy.
Please explain.

Please explain.
He made the Corpus news a couple of times. Turns out he had a hidden controlled substance issue. Lost his law practice, wife, family. A couple of years ago he relocated to a half way house in San Antonio. I turn on the news one night and see it reported that a man (him) had gotten car jacked, pistol whipped and shot in the leg at 2 AM while stopping in a seedy part of town to “ask direction”. Horrible to see his downfall. One of the genuinely nicest guy’s I’ve ever met. You can google it too. Thomas McBath

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT