ADVERTISEMENT

Quinn Ewers Forgoes Senior HS Season

Hoookem722

Nov 23, 2019
So it looks like Quinn has forgone his senior year in high school to enroll at Ohio State for this fall. I really hate that it has come to this that kids get to miss out on the best times of their lives to pursue the almighty dollar. Especially considering money isn't an issue from the sounds of it for this kid. Not to mention that extra year of development he is going to miss out on in high school.

I agree that missing the season could hurt his development.
But, how broad is the NIL umbrella?
What if big-time tOSU booster decided to pay him, and top tOSU receivers to hold weekly practice sessions (available for attendees who fork over $1 to watch) with ads in the background?
I would guess he could hone his skills with his future targets without losing much (other than the occasional sack).

Guys we’re doing this before the NIL. Just not as public
This is a whole different ball game now with money in the picture. I could understand if the kid was looking to support his family but this kid comes from an extremely wealthy family. I don't know about everybody else but apart from college, high school athletics are some of the greatest memories I have. It's the last opportunity to play with all your child hood friends and in his case win a state title. Something not a lot of kids can say they have done.

Reactions: freeper
Quinn will get just short of $1,000,000 for his NIL. He was going to early enroll at tOSU in January anyway, He will just up his enrollment to September somehow and audit or some such thing....but it shows tOSU is going to do what it takes to secure a kid's LOI.....

dont even try and tell me you would not have traded your Senior year in HS for a million bucks and all the free coed sex you could handle....

Quinn will get just short of $1,000,000 for his NIL. He was going to early enroll at tOSU in January anyway, He will just up his enrollment to September somehow and audit or some such thing....but it shows tOSU is going to do what it takes to secure a kid's LOI.....

dont even try and tell me you would not have traded your Senior year in HS for a million bucks and all the free coed sex you could handle....
If my parents were millionaires like his then I would have absolutely played my senior year in high school. Those women aren't going anywhere and will always be there as will the money.

This is a whole different ball game now with money in the picture. I could understand if the kid was looking to support his family but this kid comes from an extremely wealthy family. I don't know about everybody else but apart from college, high school athletics are some of the greatest memories I have. It's the last opportunity to play with all your child hood friends and in his case win a state title. Something not a lot of kids can say they have done.
No question it’s different, but to me still not that big a deal. People leave high school early all the time to get a job because their family needs help, to start college, or for various other reasons. Only difference here is it’s public and comes attached with a large amount of money

No question it’s different, but to me still not that big a deal. People leave high school early all the time to get a job because their family needs help, to start college, or for various other reasons. Only difference here is it’s public and comes attached with a large amount of money
Sure kids leave high school early all the time but when was the last time a big time recruit left high school early to enroll in college? I don't remember it ever happening.

uh.....are there any requirements for someone to enroll in college other than having a big arm?....or can just anybody do it?

Sure kids leave high school early all the time but when was the last time a big time recruit left high school early to enroll in college? I don't remember it ever happening.
There are kids that enroll for the spring semester all the time. Mostly in basketball kids will get all the credits they need in 3 years to reclassify to that years incoming class. The grip here seems to be he’s decided not to play HS football this year.

uh.....are there any requirements for someone to enroll in college other than having a big arm?....or can just anybody do it?

Only has 1 class/credit left is my understanding...virtual...test out...whatever it takes to get it done and get out. This is more about UIL rules than NIL rules....

Nil changed the whole game. Highschoolers now have bags of cash dangled in front of em like the carrot in front of the donkey and his cart. College athletics just separated from higher learnin. It is gonna get worse exponentially. Imo.

Nil changed the whole game. Highschoolers now have bags of cash dangled in front of em like the carrot in front of the donkey and his cart. College athletics just separated from higher learnin. It is gonna get worse exponentially. Imo.
NIL has changed things a bit, but basketball and baseball players have been graduating early and reclassifying for years. Top recruits in football have been enrolling in spring semester so they can do spring ball. So the concept isn’t new. The only difference is he’s deciding to go to college instead of play SR year or football and he gets to make some money while doing it. If a regular high school(non athlete) graduated a year early and enrolled in college they’d be celebrated as a success. It wouldn’t be some controversial thing

NIL has changed things a bit, but basketball and baseball players have been graduating early and reclassifying for years. Top recruits in football have been enrolling in spring semester so they can do spring ball. So the concept isn’t new. The only difference is he’s deciding to go to college instead of play SR year or football and he gets to make some money while doing it. If a regular high school(non athlete) graduated a year early and enrolled in college they’d be celebrated as a success. It wouldn’t be some controversial thing
Thanks for not reading my post.

Thanks for not reading my post.
I read your post. College athletics has been separate from education for a LONG time. NIL, and the Supreme Court decision just forces everyone to admit that, and be honest about it.

There isn’t anything wrong with IMO. Look college is a place that develops doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. why can’t it be a place that openly develops professional athletes?

I read your post. College athletics has been separate from education for a LONG time. NIL, and the Supreme Court decision just forces everyone to admit that, and be honest about it.

There isn’t anything wrong with IMO. Look college is a place that develops doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc. why can’t it be a place that openly develops professional athletes?
Except doctors, lawyers, and teachers, go to school learn and work for those degrees and get that money. Because of NIL athletes are getting paid before they've done anything to deserve it. This NIL is going to destroy college FB.

Look at where are these kids going to they get this kind of money. tOSU, AL you think that's a coincidence it's not. Within a few years college will become an exclusive conference with approx 30 members. ESPN and the SEC are not stopping with TX and OK soon tOSU, MI, ND and Clemson will join the club. These are all schools where these kids have their best opportunity to get that NIL money. This will become the #1 factor in where kids will decide to go to school. And basically the rest of the schools will be told eat s*it.

Quinn is probably to young and to conceited to realize that if he plays year he will have a giant bullseye on his back.

College FB used to be about tradition not anymore.

Texas is getting killed in recruiting. We just lost a 3* LB to Baylor. They are down to a kid who runs a 4.8 40 for MLB. Our NIL is little more than a poor power point presentation. Ewers is getting 1,000,000 at tosu. We can't get close to that even for bijan. Ship is sinking.

sounds to me like college athletics is going backwards....back to the days when storied programs just bought and paid players. College athletics was once way bigger than the pros......guys could make more money playing for colleges than they could by going pro.....History always repeats itself. If you live long enough you get to watch all the "reruns"....

Except doctors, lawyers, and teachers, go to school learn and work for those degrees and get that money. Because of NIL athletes are getting paid before they've done anything to deserve it. This NIL is going to destroy college FB.

Look at where are these kids going to they get this kind of money. tOSU, AL you think that's a coincidence it's not. Within a few years college will become an exclusive conference with approx 30 members. ESPN and the SEC are not stopping with TX and OK soon tOSU, MI, ND and Clemson will join the club. These are all schools where these kids have their best opportunity to get that NIL money. This will become the #1 factor in where kids will decide to go to school. And basically the rest of the schools will be told eat s*it.

Quinn is probably to young and to conceited to realize that if he plays year he will have a giant bullseye on his back.

College FB used to be about tradition not anymore.
And athletes are going to school, working, and learning, developing their skills trying to be pros.

Texas is getting killed in recruiting. We just lost a 3* LB to Baylor. They are down to a kid who runs a 4.8 40 for MLB. Our NIL is little more than a poor power point presentation. Ewers is getting 1,000,000 at tosu. We can't get close to that even for bijan. Ship is sinking.
We just picked up a 3 star LB from California. So call if a wash. Besides anyone that goes to Baylor now knowing they will probably be playing JV football… doesn’t want to play big time.

And athletes are going to school, working, and learning, developing their skills trying to be pros.
who was the guy some years back that was critcized for not going to class?....He said he was a football player. He didnt go there to play school....

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
who was the guy some years back that was critcized for not going to class?....He said he was a football player. He didnt go there to play school....
I remember that. Can’t remember who it was. One and done basketball players only have to really go for a semester

If Quinn Ewers plays this year and gets NIL money some players are going to try and take his head off.

And now that I think about it a lot NIL players are going to have to deal with this. Bryce Young and JT Tuimolau come to mind all that money without playing a game.

I just read that Bijan Robinson has taken advantage of his new opportunities. He's signed with Raising Canes a fast food chain which to. be honest I've never heard of. Anyway he's going to be doing commercials for them. There is this video outfit named Cameo and for a fee he can send a personalized video to a fan.

I just read that Bijan Robinson has taken advantage of his new opportunities. He's signed with Raising Canes a fast food chain which to. be honest I've never heard of. Anyway he's going to be doing commercials for them. There is this video outfit named Cameo and for a fee he can send a personalized video to a fan.
Raising Canes is big over here. An ex lsu grad is the founder of it. As with pluckers founded by an ex longhorn.

I hope Bijan got good advice and made a good deal. I hate that some of these young guys will jump on a deal and get locked into years of crappy deals.....look no farther than Credence Clearwater to see how young dumb guys get trapped. The lead singer (one of those Fogerty guys) committed suicide as the only way out of it.

ADVERTISEMENT