ADVERTISEMENT

Ranking the $EC jobs

The SEC hype police are on their way to arrest you. SEC coaches are the best in the business. How dare you point out that they have FOUR non con games scheduled each year, and at least three, and in the case of serial offenders like A&M, all four of them, are against Louisiana directional/regional schools and their ilk.

Originally posted by AnimalMother:
" He's won 70% of his games and has a 4-1 bowl record. I doubt you would be judging a coach that harshly if he didn't coach tamu."

Somehow that impresses you.

Well genius most of the better coaches out there have a winning % in the 65-75% range so yes it impresses me.

He won 70% of his games - mostly with Houston... which is an "inferior" conference... yet you discredit Strongs accomplishments from when he was at UofL?

Just stop and go away.

"This is Sumlin's year.
laugh.r191677.gif
"

Meaning this is the year he has to put up or shut up. I'm not saying A&M will do anything this year, but he has no more excuses starting this year.

"After 1 year? OK. You guys sure seem to like your do nothing DJ after 3 years of NOTHING."j

Top 5 in year 1. Tell me how Strong did again? Top 25 each year. Texas had a HELL of a lot of talent this year and he got nothing from it. 6-7

Originally posted by Black_SoxAg:

"After 1 year? OK. You guys sure seem to like your do nothing DJ after 3 years of NOTHING."j

Top 5 in year 1. Tell me how Strong did again? Top 25 each year. Texas had a HELL of a lot of talent this year and he got nothing from it. 6-7
Great. What did your 5th place conference finish that year net you? Another fake title of some sort on your wall?

Win something, aggy. Anything. Then talk.

Except at QB and o-line..... which was our main problem.... but thanks for playing,

Sumlin was top 5 in year 1 with a Heisman winner.. and since he left aggy sumlin has gotten worse each and every year.... it is safe to say that sumlin has done nothing.

The aggys have gone from 5th to 7th to 9th in conference in successive years. But that's trending up according to aggys.
laugh.r191677.gif
Great momentum!

Do you know what Strong did in Sumlin's 1st year with aggy? Crushed Florida in a BCS bowl with a team from an inferior conference, or what aggy couldn't do in their own house.

Coach Strong has proven that he can win games that matter. Maybe we should start calling Sumlin, "Little Game" Kevin.

"The aggys have gone from 5th to 7th to 9th in conference in successive years."

That's called aggy progression.
laugh.r191677.gif

Somehow the aggy above is impressed with Sumlin winning in conference USA and beating HS teams in nonconference while at A&M.

"Sumlin's record at ATM is 28-11, .718 winning percentage. Included in that record are 12 nonconference wins vs.: SMU three times, Sam Houston twice, Rice twice, Lamar, UTEP, South Carolina STATE, ULM and La.Tech. That leaves a conference record of 13-11 = .542 winning percentage. Looks like Sumlin is a little bit above average for ATM standards."

Yep

You can judge hoe valuable a job is by who takes it when it becomes available.

Alabama
Sabah

Ohio state
Meyer

Michigan
Harbaugh

Texas???? Strong
First off I want you to know that I don't judge a hoe.

As for your lame point above. Its just stupid. One could liken Strong to say Urban Meyer. And remember when that #1 on your list, UF, hired little known Urban Meyer from freaking Utah? Sorta like Strong from Louisville.

Can you name the last 5 coaches Michigan has hired? Good for them for finally getting a high profile one.

Why not include Notre Dame on your list? Ahhhh because they don't fit the bill of currently having a top coach.

Damn sure everyone has USC as a top job, but YOUR logic can't with their last few coaching hires being complete hacks.

Your logic was as follows-----think of top coaches----list their schools-----and put them next to Texas and Strong. And Strong doesn't look so pretty.

Originally posted by diadevic:

Sumlin's record at ATM is 28-11, .718 winning percentage.

Included in that record are 12 nonconference wins vs.: SMU three times, Sam Houston twice, Rice twice, Lamar, UTEP, South Carolina STATE, ULM and La.Tech.

That leaves a conference record of 13-11 = .542 winning percentage. Looks like Sumlin is a little bit above average for ATM standards.
This right here! Again, aggy, tell us why Sumlin is so great, lol. aggy jokes write themselves.
laugh.r191677.gif

If you are insinuating that A&M's strength of schedule under Sumlin has been weak you are simply too stupid to reason with.

It's been top ten each year.

Feel free to pile on about the ooc. It's been weak.

Lmao at big 12 fans criticizing a weak ooc schedule for an sec west team.

Big props to Texas for playing byu and ucla in their ooc. You would have gone 0-8 against tamu's sec schedule. This is one time I don't even expect to get an argument. I mean how can you, the horns got curb stomped by last place arky.

I'll take things longer than 59 yards Alex.

This post was edited on 2/27 9:08 PM by AnimalMother

Wow, Texas calling A&M average lately? You realize in the same span under Sumlin and one year prior that you guys are 4-16 against ranked teams. Of those losses you have been outscored 603-271. You aren't even competitive. Of the ranked teams you beat only 1 serves as a good win against a number 12 OU team. The others were West Virginia, Tech, and Oregon St. You pad your stats against sisters of the poor as well. 603-271. You are pointing out our record?

What is Sumlin in the SEC? 13-14? Help me out chest beaters? Their OOC schedule is a joke!

What is Sumlin in the SEC? 13-11? Help me out chest beaters? He's really tearing it up! Their OOC schedule is a joke!

Congrats on the bowl wins?

Wow, Texas calling A&M average lately? You realize....
You do realize that Texas has been calling ATM average since like the dawn of time. And that is because you guys never win anything.

See today. You are giddy about your move to the SEC and your one win over Bama. You give a coach a raise because that was the closest you've been to winning a title in a long time. And you were like 4th in your conference. And each year you win less and are lower in the conf standings. And you keep acting like it is awesome to be you. You should be embarrassed at your lack of titles. Hell your AD is, he has to fabricate them and put them on the side of a stadium.

Animal mother.....let me help you out here....Yes...no doubt about it, aTm has been average ...always was....still is.

Texas on the other hand has been abysmal. No sugar coating that...we have stunk the joint up for the last 5 years. So bad in fact that we fired our HOF coach. We hired a new one and had to again go through an abysmal season.No debate here.

The main differences between us are glaring.:

1. We fired our HOF coach for being mediocre....yall gave your might be a good coach but so far pretty mediocre one a raise

2.We Are an average team, but you cannot say we always were, nor can you say we always will be

However, yall have the opportunity to do great things from this day forward. Frankly, I hope you will achieve some of what you hope for.I have never wished ill upon the aggies. I would like some verification on that part where you said you SOS has been top 10 for the last...how many years?

If you are insinuating that A&M's strength of schedule under Sumlin has been weak you are simply too stupid to reason with.

Big props to Texas for playing byu and ucla in their ooc. You would have gone 0-8 against tamu's sec schedule. This is one time I don't even expect to get an argument. I mean how can you, the horns got curb stomped by last place arky.

That's a load of bullshit. Texas could have beaten some of the teams aggy played this year in comference.. and would have walked through your OOC unbeaten... and maybe if we would have had all those cupcakes Swoopes would have had an easier time developing and gaining confidence and consistency.... hell you never know.. Texas might have done better than aggy with aggys schedule... but fact is we will never know... Texas could have doen worse too.... but for you to say we would have gone 0-8 shows how flat out ignorant you really are.

And the arky thing is funny... you got taken to the limit by a WVU team without its starting QB and a few other key pieces missing.. so it is safe to say that you would have doen horribly in the Big 12 this year...and TCU CURBSTOMPED ole miss.... big time - so TCU would have won the SEC west last year according to your logic... but thanks for playing douche bag.

Beat Bama, we will hear that for another 5 years.

Sumlin is an average coach at best, his resume speaks for itself. Zero conference championships.

Will do, but it hasn't been weak, it's been nothing short of cowardly. And your basketball and baseball schedules are even p*ssier.

Originally posted by LonghornSoldier:

That's a load of bullshit. Texas could have beaten some of the teams aggy played this year in comference.. and would have walked through your OOC unbeaten... and maybe if we would have had all those cupcakes Swoopes would have had an easier time developing and gaining confidence and consistency.... hell you never know.. Texas might have done better than aggy with aggys schedule... but fact is we will never know... Texas could have doen worse too.... but for you to say we would have gone 0-8 shows how flat out ignorant you really are.

And the arky thing is funny... you got taken to the limit by a WVU team without its starting QB and a few other key pieces missing.. so it is safe to say that you would have doen horribly in the Big 12 this year...and TCU CURBSTOMPED ole miss.... big time - so TCU would have won the SEC west last year according to your logic... but thanks for playing douche bag.
Don't let all that writeup confuse you about what happened...
A&M was 2-0 against West Virginia and Arkansas. Texas wasnt.

Originally posted by Scholz:

Will do, but it hasn't been weak, it's been nothing short of cowardly. And your basketball and baseball schedules are even p*ssier.
2-6 San Diego just improved to 4-6 after playing your horns. I also noticed many of your players were wearing the face masks in the cold while San Diego didn't seem to be wearing them. Them boys need to man up.

Way to change the subject from your school's cowardly scheduling in the big 3 sports.

And baseball? Don't talk about things you know nothing about, lesser. We have more national titles in baseball than you have trips to Omaha. Go get your shinebox, chump.
laugh.r191677.gif

I don't think you can take too much from a rescheduled double header in freezing rain. Glad no one injured themselves. Most of the games that were scheduled in Texas, and in fact, all over the east, were canceled.

Originally posted by horn01:
I don't think you can take too much from a rescheduled double header in freezing rain. Glad no one injured themselves. Most of the games that were scheduled in Texas, and in fact, all over the east, were canceled.
Those two games cost Texas an average of five spots in the polls an even more in RPI. You have to win the games you're supposed to win, regardless of weather.

Will do, but it hasn't been weak, it's been nothing short of cowardly. And your basketball and baseball schedules are even p*ssier

Is your OOC in basketball going to make you feel better when you are in the NIT?

Will do, but it hasn't been weak, it's been nothing short of cowardly. And your basketball and baseball schedules are even p*ssier

Is your OOC in basketball going to make you feel better when you are in the NIT?
Please Lord, let us be in the NIT... Barnes has to go!

Can you name one A&M basketball player?

I honestly can't.

Yes.

1) We're not cowards like you.

2) It'll allow us to change coaches finally.

ADVERTISEMENT