ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic head coaches for Texas.

Dude.........don't %$&^ with my emotions.......behind the scene stuff? Like this is from a reliable source? I can't deal......BMD need to pay him off and move on. I'm not a fire the coach guy, but if we keep losing recruits we will have nothing left for the guy coming in to improve with.

Back in the day when I was a financial advisor I worked for a group out of Austin, the owner of that firm is a booster and since I still have an account with them I sometimes give him a call to shoot the breeze and talk a little Texas football. He is my source. I have a second source but I seldom ever talk with him, he played at Texas from 87 to 91. I played against him in high school and he married a girl I was dear friends with.

Back in the day when I was a financial advisor I worked for a group out of Austin, the owner of that firm is a booster and since I still have an account with them I sometimes give him a call to shoot the breeze and talk a little Texas football. He is my source. I have a second source but I seldom ever talk with him, he played at Texas from 87 to 91. I played against him in high school and he married a girl I was dear friends with.

Well let's hope something gets done because the recruit bleeding is concerning.............

some guy on Surley( and I agree with him) sais let the whinney guys go. What we need to do is recruit more guys that had to mow their own lawns....

Reactions: westx and EWNHorn
Meyer is not coming. I would love to see Meyer take over but you have to look at his health. He is having too much fun being an analyst. He also had a cyst still and to my knowledge it was never removed. He also is a family person and im sure he would not want to throw a wrench into that and alienate his family. If herman does not pull out a win this weekend who are the top 3 coaches not named meyer that we go after?

Meyer is not coming. I would love to see Meyer take over but you have to look at his health. He is having too much fun being an analyst. He also had a cyst still and to my knowledge it was never removed. He also is a family person and im sure he would not want to throw a wrench into that and alienate his family. If herman does not pull out a win this weekend who are the top 3 coaches not named meyer that we go after?

1. I
2. Am
3. Leaving

It's the culture. This school will never hire someone who will grate against the cupcake culture we have. We are a Pac 12 school. I am going to find another sport to follow. Honestly, I am a little burned out on US professional and college sports. They are crap.

The reddit streams allow for a person to follow sports all around the world. I think I'll look into some sports outside the US. Maybe follow some US players in international soccer. Other than that: Family, work, hunting/fishing, gardening, trading.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
1. I
2. Am
3. Leaving

It's the culture. This school will never hire someone who will grate against the cupcake culture we have. We are a Pac 12 school. I am going to find another sport to follow. Honestly, I am a little burned out on US professional and college sports. They are crap.

The reddit streams allow for a person to follow sports all around the world. I think I'll look into some sports outside the US. Maybe follow some US players in international soccer. Other than that: Family, work, hunting/fishing, gardening, trading.

Whatever floats your boat. I like football, so I'll keep watching even though we suck.

1. I
2. Am
3. Leaving

College football is my last remaining hope Nueces. It's one of the few remaining vestiges of American sports culture as we knew it. I'm done with spending my time watching SJWs masquerading as pro athletes like LeBron and his posse of clowns. I give UT this final opportunity to make the right choice for the FB program. Cristobal would succeed immediately . . . I don't think we'd need another 3-5 years to find out. Another 3-5 year project and I'm out as well.

The Amazon Prime "All or Nothing" series on Tottenham Hotspur is very entertaining. No US players but Jose Mourinho doesn't take any crap from his players.

1. I
2. Am
3. Leaving

I am here for you. Go on youtube and watch some Efren Reyes pool championships. Rarely do you get a concensus accross the ages of sports of who the real GOAT is. Not pool! There is argument about whether Mosconi or Fats, or Earl Strickland or Luther Lassiter is number 2....no argument about #1. There is a compilation of his greatest shots. You cannot believe it is possible. These were not done in exibition either.....they were in world level events.

Then look at premiere League Darts....They may not be drinking on stage, but you can bet they came to play tanked.

I didn’t use to think Meyer was coming here, but then it www announced that he was advising Texas(and other schools I know) on how to deal with the name and likeness situation. Since he’s working somewhat closely with UT officials and his former coordinators are here we’d be stupid to think the conversation wouldn’t at least take place in a hypothetical way at least

Impossible to tell, there isn't much out there that is any less of a gamble than Herman was. I can throw all kinds of longshot names out there like Dabo or Saban, but the truth is anyone outside of Day, Sweeney, or Saban is a longshot.

Maybe an NFL guy like John Harbaugh who I'd love to get, but again a long shot.

We need to learn from our mistakes.

We took David McWillams because we felt he was unjustly fired by Akers and he produced great defenses. He even had a good year at Tech. He couldn't handle the job. We took Johnny MacII because he ran a great offense, and he had a good year at Illinois. He couldn't handle the job.

We hired MackIII and he got it, but truth is even he struggled.

Then we repeated the same mistakes with Charlie Strong and Tom Herman.

We need a guy that commands respect, that already has skins on the wall and can get the job done on every level. There are maybe 3 or 4 guys that check all the boxes. Afraid we are going to have to swing for the fences and knock it out.

Impossible to tell, there isn't much out there that is any less of a gamble than Herman was. I can throw all kinds of longshot names out there like Dabo or Saban, but the truth is anyone outside of Day, Sweeney, or Saban is a longshot.

Maybe an NFL guy like John Harbaugh who I'd love to get, but again a long shot.

We need to learn from our mistakes.

We took David McWillams because we felt he was unjustly fired by Akers and he produced great defenses. He even had a good year at Tech. He couldn't handle the job. We took Johnny MacII because he ran a great offense, and he had a good year at Illinois. He couldn't handle the job.

We hired MackIII and he got it, but truth is even he struggled.

Then we repeated the same mistakes with Charlie Strong and Tom Herman.

We need a guy that commands respect, that already has skins on the wall and can get the job done on every level. There are maybe 3 or 4 guys that check all the boxes. Afraid we are going to have to swing for the fences and knock it out.

Mike Leach!

If Herman was fired on the spot today, who would be interim? Ash because of prior experience?

Ash would be the interim coach. We need a big time hire and a new offensive line coach ASAP.

The K state coach is someone I’d talk to as well. Kind of has a Bryan Kelly, Jim Tressel like career path happening

ADVERTISEMENT