ADVERTISEMENT

Really Horns?

Hey, look to your Big 8 sisters to your south and to our north. They are the ones with ants in their pants. They are so worried about tv money and consumed by Texas hatred that they are rocking the boat. Look no further than the site that you have linked. We are fine with the status quo save the results on the field. We won't be happy til we claim the crown back from bama. We don't need to go anywhere.

Reactions: Scholz
I have a feeling that our asking price is going to be BIG $$$$ to join the B1G. We don't need to go to the B1G. OU hates being in our shadow, just like the other sad sisters of the poor that bailed. OU is pushing this deal but the B1G wants Texas not so much OU. This is why Big Game Bob was dispatched to Chicago last year. He was charged with getting OU out of the Big 12. Problem for OU, outside of football results with Texas players and coaches, little is to be desired. They have a smallish footprint, woeful academics, and cheat a lot.

We might be able to play round robin with the PAC 12 without having to join conferences. All we would have to do is to sign a coordinated TV deal with the PAC and make it work. Make a playoff out of a regional conference schedule and that will command very nice TV money. Push some early games in the central time zone with USC, UCLA, Stan, Oregon, Wash and viola there is an instant push back in exposure for our teams. We would be able to make the rules and keep the LHN. I have a feeling that the B1G will still take OU and Ok St or Iowa State but it will sour the TV money greatly without Texas. What did I say about being a blue blood?

If this happens, OU and OK St will not play any games in Texas. The last time this happened was the John Blake era (well they played one game;)). Back then they sucked. I hope we lock them out of Texas. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: HornDrummer
We don't have to runoft somewhere to be relevant like some. We make our own conference.
I think both UT & OU should stay put in the BIG12, beautiful playoff path. If the BIG12 brings in UCF & Memphis or Cincinnati or BYU, maybe the BIG12 survives. If the conference stays at 10, you will see the writing on the wall. Again, if the money works out, why leave for the BIG10? Maybe the PAC12 makes some sense, but I wouldn't take OU with me. Staying put makes the most sense, going Independent makes the least.

I think both UT & OU should stay put in the BIG12, beautiful playoff path. If the BIG12 brings in UCF & Memphis or Cincinnati or BYU, maybe the BIG12 survives. If the conference stays at 10, you will see the writing on the wall. Again, if the money works out, why leave for the BIG10? Maybe the PAC12 makes some sense, but I wouldn't take OU with me. Staying put makes the most sense, going Independent makes the least.

You're preaching to the choir on keeping the Big 12 together but OU wants out. Those 4 teams you mentioned bring nothing to the table. Well BYU does but they are a non starter. All we have to do is keep the 4 texas schools together which is easy. Keep the Kansas schools plus Iowa state. Maybe we lose one but here's where your missing the boat. In the beginning, all we have to do is schedule texas vs the powerhouse west coast teams in prime time central time zone mkts. plus begin to create a sceduling format for pac vs b12 teams and we will be golden. We should create a pac vs big12 playoff as well. The goal is to lock out as many carpet baggers out of texas as possible. This includes the okies. You assholes started this with your $ec bs. Once the okies are looking through the window like a red headed step child at christmas, the Texas teams will get stronger and soon all 4 texas teams will be commanding prime time tv slots. We have to be smart tho. We have to promote this well. Btw, aggy will become an afterthought. Tech, tcu, and Baylor will be first in line for sloppy seconds, aggy will be outside with the okies.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: HornDrummer

UCF & Memphis or Cincinnati or BYU..... sounds extremely boring! All other aspects aside, just being a longhorn and a fan of the sport, we need entertainment AKA better programs in big 12. Only games I enjoy going to is Fort Worth, Cotton Bowl, Morgantown. State of Kansas, no thanks! Lubbock, No thanks!

$EC (oops): Alabama, Florida, Auburn, LSU, Georgia
BIG 10: Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Wisconsin, Nebraska
PAC 12: USC, Washington, Stanford, Oregon
Big 12: TEXAS, ou(sadly)(can make an argument for TCU)

Really do not care what conference we are in. For my entertainment purposes I just want better programs for us to beat!

Hook 'em!

You're preaching to the choir on keeping the Big 12 together but OU wants out. Those 4 teams you mentioned bring nothing to the table. Well BYU does but they are a non starter. All we have to do is keep the 4 texas schools together which is easy. Keep the Kansas schools plus Iowa state. Maybe we lose one but here's where your missing the boat. In the beginning, all we have to do is schedule texas vs the powerhouse west coast teams in prime time central time zone mkts. plus begin to create a sceduling format for pac vs b12 teams and we will be golden. We should create a pac vs big12 playoff as well. The goal is to lock out as many carpet baggers out of texas as possible. This includes the okies. You assholes started this with your $ec bs. Once the okies are looking through the window like a red headed step child at christmas, the Texas teams will get stronger and soon all 4 texas teams will be commanding prime time tv slots. We have to be smart tho. We have to promote this well. Btw, aggy will become an afterthought. Tech, tcu, and Baylor will be first in line for sloppy seconds, aggy will be outside with the okies.:)
I am 99% sure I am missing something, but if I understand what you are saying I kinda like it. Assuming TV networks don't give it a hard no.

So, OU leaves for the BIG10 or SEC. And the rest of the BIG12 stays put with 9 teams. You guys have your non-football sports covered with the little 8. You schedule 3 Huge national teams every year and fill out the rest of the schedule with one patsy and the left over 8. If the money worked out and you could land 3 really big, really long term deal games - it might work. Almost like being Independent without actually doing it. Other than maybe Kansas, I don't think the other 8 schools could do anything about it, other than being mad. It would be funny.

So maybe a schedule like.
Kansas
Kansas State
Okie lite
TCU
TX Tech
Baylor
Iowa State
WV
Arizona (or maybe a Louisiana Tech type team)
USC
UCLA
And a top SEC or BIG10 school

Maybe not so west coast oriented for OOC, west coast football is pretty bad.

Last edited:
I am 99% sure I am missing something, but if I understand what you are saying I kinda like it. Assuming TV networks don't give it a hard no.

So, OU leaves for the BIG10 or SEC. And the rest of the BIG12 stays put with 9 teams. You guys have your non-football sports covered with the little 8. You schedule 3 Huge national teams every year and fill out the rest of the schedule with one patsy and the left over 8. If the money worked out and you could land 3 really big, really long term deal games - it might work. Almost like being Independent without actually doing it. Other than maybe Kansas, I don't think the other 8 schools could do anything about it, other than being mad. It would be funny.

We would lose WVU because they aren't scheduling 4 games a year with Pac teams. The goal would be to integrate with a weak pac12 for tv revenue without having to share revenue with their mismanaged conference, just what the networks are willing to pay. This way we strengthen Texas teams while we make the rules.

Obviously, we would go to the B1G if the money is right. I mean the type of money that pays for a basketball arena, stadium and facility renovations, and a little extra for players ;). I am sure aggy would love having yankees from new york buying season tickets and attending college station, katy, or north shore high school games from the B1G, so they could root for their "future players". Like I said, we didn't start this madness.

We would lose WVU because they aren't scheduling 4 games a year with Pac teams. The goal would be to integrate with a weak pac12 for tv revenue without having to share revenue with their mismanaged conference, just what the networks are willing to pay. This way we strengthen Texas teams while we make the rules.

Obviously, we would go to the B1G if the money is right. I mean the type of money that pays for a basketball arena, stadium and facility renovations, and a little extra for players ;). I am sure aggy would love having yankees from new york buying season tickets and attending college station, katy, or north shore high school games from the B1G, so they could root for their "future players". Like I said, we didn't start this madness.
Oh. You mean the BIG12 and PAC12 sign up to play each other 4 times per team per year? If so, I hate that. PAC12 is probably weaker then BIG12 from a football perspective. Maybe it makes sense to the networks.

Oh. You mean the BIG12 and PAC12 sign up to play each other 4 times per team per year? If so, I hate that. PAC12 is probably weaker then BIG12 from a football perspective. Maybe it makes sense to the networks.

Not 4 times a year but integrate schedules as if we were a huge conference without all the wranglings of joining 20 teams in some GOR. We would play each other in "conference" play and the networks would love it. We could have a playoff b4 the actual playoff to maximize strength of schedule. Our goal would be to shut out all competition for high school talent by strengthening Texas, Tech, TCU, and Baylor. They have been loyal after all.

Maybe not so west coast oriented for OOC, west coast football is pretty bad.

It is right now but things change. Tech, TCU, and Baylor aren't great either but that can change as well. Cali and the west coast have a lot of talent.

Pretty sure the mod around here is sick of do nothing aggys coming in here to trash a conference you won 1 time in 16 years. Just sayin.

Yeah he really loves you girls coming on here talking up your conference and talking down ours. It's his favorite thing. Especially since you play/played .500 ball in both.

Yeah, aggys never pump up the $EC$EC$EC. It's inferred from the girly passive aggressive Big XII slights bolded above.

Seriously, aggy should count their lucky stars that they did not draw Wash St. for their bowl game. Mike Leach would make little Jimbo walk the plank. That is something to put on my Santa wish list for next year.

I'm glad the ags are in the SEC, keeps them down. They could have played for the MNC in 2012, but being in the SEC screwed that up. Next year they will be improved, but you will never know because they still won't be good enough to beat Bama, LSU (in the swamp), Clemson (in death Valley) and Georgia.

Without any other slip ups they will likely be 8-4 again.

But hey, you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

Then again, I'm thinking if Texas takes care of business in Austin and Dallas I'm thinking this is a 1 loss team next year. At most 2 losses. Either way, I think Texas wins the conference.

Reactions: LonghornMM
I'm glad the ags are in the SEC, keeps them down. They could have played for the MNC in 2012, but being in the SEC screwed that up. Next year they will be improved, but you will never know because they still won't be good enough to beat Bama, LSU (in the swamp), Clemson (in death Valley) and Georgia.

Without any other slip ups they will likely be 8-4 again.

But hey, you want to be the best, you have to play the best.

Then again, I'm thinking if Texas takes care of business in Austin and Dallas I'm thinking this is a 1 loss team next year. At most 2 losses. Either way, I think Texas wins the conference.

With Mond they aren't getting better. Maybe if they start running the bone. Add Miss St. and Auburn to the loss column.

Pretty sure the mod around here is sick of do nothing aggys coming in here to trash a conference you won 1 time in 16 years. Just sayin.
I just think you guys can do better than letting OU walk and then playing a couple PAC12 games annually. I was trying to be nice. BIG12 without OU would not be a wonderful conference, but it still might be better than PAC12 from a football perspective. If anything, I was taking a shot at the PAC12, which is pretty bad imo. If you guys can convince OU to stay, status quo makes sense. Just not a fan of west coast ball.

I'm fine with a&m and OU posters here. Just keep it respectful.

Nueces, you keep talking about Texas to the Pac 12. I just don't see that happening. More realistically, I could see some kind of conference realignment, or a move to the Big 10. UT brass isn't keen on moving to a west coast conference and playing in that time slot.

I'm fine with a&m and OU posters here. Just keep it respectful.

Nueces, you keep talking about Texas to the Pac 12. I just don't see that happening. More realistically, I could see some kind of conference realignment, or a move to the Big 10. UT brass isn't keen on moving to a west coast conference and playing in that time slot.

It's a response to ou and ok st going to the B1g and we don't. OU wants out. Adding far inferior schools to the big 12 won't cut it. It may be our only option if we snub the b1g. Let's call it the hybrid independent option mm refered to.

It's a response to ou and ok st going to the B1g and we don't. OU wants out. Adding far inferior schools to the big 12 won't cut it. It may be our only option if we snub the b1g. Let's call it the hybrid independent option mm refered to.

I not in favor of a Cincinnati, Memphis, or USF type of school. BYU, UCF, maybe. I wish the NCAA would blow up the whole thing somehow and do a total overhaul on all conferences.

Reactions: oldschoolcat
Only good thing about PAC12 football is that it is still on TV and radio late when the family goes to bed and I'm good and hammered.

You don't join the Pac 12 for elite football competition, They have USC and not much else, Stanford is good but I still don't think of them as elite. You don't join the Pac 12 for elite football experience. They don't have it.

Here is why you join the Pac 12.

1. You get direct access to California recruiting.
2. You get away games at nice cities like LA, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Boulder, Bay area, and Seattle.
3. You join the Pac 12 because you know you can dominate it. Outside of USC there isn't any elite teams, Oregon is a lot like the Ags, they want to be elite but have never taken that step that says, we are a blue blood program. Same with Stanford. Those programs are more than likely fall off the map as become elite.
4. West coast media is not as powerful as East Coast, but it isn't a far off, it does have a big chip on it's shoulder because they always seem to think there is bias against them. In a way that can work well for a team like Texas.

Honestly if Texas and Oklahoma join the Pac 12 they immediately jump both the ACC and B1G as the biggest threat to the SEC. 3 true blue blood programs and 3 programs in the top 10 all time programs. Then you have 3 second tier programs like Okie Lite, Stanford, and Oregon that make this a tough 6 deep league.

With all that said, I'm not sure I want Texas in the Pac 12.

ADVERTISEMENT