ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

I've heard that "Magic Mushrooms" are making a comeback....maybe Elko got into some because he's hallucinating...

Sark continues to stack rb room on top of each other. He knows bread and butter. Lines and rb’s.

I've already spread peanut butter on my 3 month olds lips.
Ya, I said it. And did it.
I stood there with an epi-pen in hand waiting to pop his ass too.

Who cares if my neighbor the pediatrician was standing there watching in case sh!t popped off.......

Anyway-- when did peanuts start murdering kids. And also, if you know your teammate has a peanut allergy and you put them in his locker, it doesn't make you a bully, it makes you fvcking asshole. Pop a couple of his teeth out and that sh!t comes to a screeching halt.

Case closed.

Who cares if my neighbor the pediatrician was standing there watching in case sh!t popped off.......

Anyway-- when did peanuts start murdering kids. And also, if you know your teammate has a peanut allergy and you put them in his locker, it doesn't make you a bully, it makes you fvcking asshole. Pop a couple of his teeth out and that sh!t comes to a screeching halt.

Case closed.
Whatever happened to pranks where you slap someone with a towel in the locker room. Instead of trying to kill someome

Case closed.

Peanut thing is crazy I know we waited a little bit to give my son peanuts, but he good gave him that chick fil a nuggets they use peanut oil.

Anyway-- when did peanuts start murdering kids.
So I have a pair of completely non-scientific theories about this. My son has severe allergies to all nuts and legumes. He was born 3 weeks premature. A girl in his high school likewise had the same allergies and was also born a couple weeks premature. Theory 1 is that their immune systems had not yet developed to the point to cover them against nut allergies.

Theory 2 is more likely in my opinion. It comes down to our national diet. You didn't see as many allergies when we were kids because our parents ate a lot of offal, animal glands and innards that introduced our pre-natal immune systems to all manner of enzymes and proteins and allowed us to develop the proper responses to deal with them. Even as a young child, my mother fed us liver, all manner of sausage, (especially chorizo) and liverwurst. Now when was the last time you saw a teenager begging for liver or liverwurst for that matter. As a nation we eat a lot less offal than before. Of course we also quit having so many kids. A lot of that stuff we ate because it was cheap and mom could feed 9 kids on it. My wife and I never worried about that, we just bought steak when we wanted it. Sure both my kids love chorizo and Spam, but Spam isn't really offal and neither of them will touch liverwurst....I don't know, makes sense to me.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
So I have a pair of completely non-scientific theories about this. My son has severe allergies to all nuts and legumes. He was born 3 weeks premature. A girl in his high school likewise had the same allergies and was also born a couple weeks premature. Theory 1 is that their immune systems had not yet developed to the point to cover them against nut allergies.

Theory 2 is more likely in my opinion. It comes down to our national diet. You didn't see as many allergies when we were kids because our parents ate a lot of offal, animal glands and innards that introduced our pre-natal immune systems to all manner of enzymes and proteins and allowed us to develop the proper responses to deal with them. Even as a young child, my mother fed us liver, all manner of sausage, (especially chorizo) and liverwurst. Now when was the last time you saw a teenager begging for liver or liverwurst for that matter. As a nation we eat a lot less offal than before. Of course we also quit having so many kids. A lot of that stuff we ate because it was cheap and mom could feed 9 kids on it. My wife and I never worried about that, we just bought steak when we wanted it. Sure both my kids love chorizo and Spam, but Spam isn't really offal and neither of them will touch liverwurst....I don't know, makes sense to me.
I love me a good liver wurst sandwich with mayonnaise. Don’t eat it often but did as a kid.

I believe there is some correlation of mother’s avoidance of nuts/eggs during pregnancy and the actual development of those allergies after birth. So much info out there whether wrong or right, but there were some advocates of avoidance that, imo, was not good advice.

Damn Freeper... I won't touch liver or kidney, but don't mind eating javelina or wild hog. I am also living proof that one can live a long time in spite of being exposed to scotch,beer and cigarettes as a fetus....

I mostlike have always eaten a cup or so of peanuts every day since childhood. It may yet kill me....I will keep you posted.

There were probably more kids with allergies back in the day that just never got diagnosed because they didn't know what it was.

"Hey Ethel, Melvin Jr has that weird rash again! You better make him drink a glass of castor oil and rub his skin with some goat milk."

Reactions: freeper
Cool.

#13 linebacker is a nice catch.

But I want Stark to be getting the #1 and #3 linebackers.
We're crystal balled for Riley Pettijohn. He's a top 6 LB. Rivals has him as their #1 LB. He ran a 10.77 in the 100m at 220 pounds. He still needs to put on about 15-20 pounds but he's got plenty of time for that. They pair him with Barnes then they have something cooking at the LB position. That's a very important position going into the SEC.

Reactions: westx
Snyder and to a degree Gundy were successful with 2 and 3 star guys because they kept them in the system for 4 or 5 years. You had 22-23 year old guys playing against 18-19 year olds. They stayed a long time, knew the system, were developed etc.
Not sure that works in the portal age.

Snyder and to a degree Gundy were successful with 2 and 3 star guys because they kept them in the system for 4 or 5 years. You had 22-23 year old guys playing against 18-19 year olds. They stayed a long time, knew the system, were developed etc.
Not sure that works in the portal age.
Nebraska linemen as well. The shift -- the have nots are now farm teams for the blue bloods. If they have talent, they'll get called up. If no talent, then you're stuck with them.

Reactions: abest
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT