ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Because it worked out with Bob Stoops and Venables learned from Dabo. Obviously Venables will win the next 10 Big 12 championships
No, but I think he has made some pretty solid hires and so far the recruiting is agreeing with that.

The only people I’ve ever heard say “Texas is back” are Sam Ellenger, Joe Testitore, and other teams fan bases wanting to troll Texas. No Texas fan has ever said that.
Aww c'mon man all the regulars on here, myself included, say it at least once a . year.

Reactions: Okie70
Fwiw I think Texas is positioned to have a good year. Like they say, it’s a game of inches and imo Texas and OU’s record’s could have been much different last year if a few plays were made or not made. OU damn near lost 4 additional games last year that we somehow Eeked out with a timely interception or the other team had a bad snap on the go ahead fg try etc. Texas led in most of their loses so it’s not like y’all got blown out. I think Texas does well with more consistent QB play in the 2nd half of games.

Fwiw I think Texas is positioned to have a good year. Like they say, it’s a game of inches and imo Texas and OU’s record’s could have been much different last year if a few plays were made or not made. OU damn near lost 4 additional games last year that we somehow Eeked out with a timely interception or the other team had a bad snap on the go ahead fg try etc. Texas led in most of their loses so it’s not like y’all got blown out. I think Texas does well with more consistent QB play in the 2nd half of games.
You more consistent OL play.............

Because it worked out with Bob Stoops and Venables learned from Dabo. Obviously Venables will win the next 10 Big 12 championships
And if you noticed above I said I think OU's offense will be statistically better under Lebby in his 1st year than it was under Riley last year, so I'm not just throwing out what iffs etc., I'm being pretty specific. How's that qb situation working out for Riley at USC right now. I have a feeling there's a few puckered up bungholes over there hoping they haven't screwed the pooch with Williams and Dart.

And if you noticed above I said I think OU's offense will be statistically better under Lebby in his 1st year than it was under Riley last year, so I'm not just throwing out what iffs etc., I'm being pretty specific. How's that qb situation working out for Riley at USC right now. I have a feeling there's a few puckered up bungholes over there hoping they haven't screwed the pooch with Williams and Dart.

I'm being cynical bell...don't take it serious lol

So back to Texas recruting...:)

Reactions: LonghornMM
So exactly how much room do we have left in this class for HS and portal?
Other than Campbell what do we feel good about?

Lets get back on track! Get signing day done and then on to spring practice!

Yes, please no more blowu talk on this thread.

I "think" there may be one or two possible candidates (Mathis & Dudley--isn't he the Louisiana transfer?).
And then Campbell.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Has Mathis even set a decision date? Is this a drag out through the summer then enroll in the fall type situation?

Rumors on Reddit and Twitter that the Brockermeyers may look to transfer after spring ball if they don’t move up the depth chart. They both are currently on the scout team.

Rumors on Reddit and Twitter that the Brockermeyers may look to transfer after spring ball if they don’t move up the depth chart. They both are currently on the scout team.
Ok....... I'll play along. If they do transfer and want to come to Flood........what happens?

Ok....... I'll play along. If they do transfer and want to come to Flood........what happens?
The reality is we truly might not have space for them. We have I think 4 spots. 1 is going to Campbell we think. We’re holding a spot for Mathis it looks like. That leaves 2 spots

The reality is we truly might not have space for them. We have I think 4 spots. 1 is going to Campbell we think. We’re holding a spot for Mathis it looks like. That leaves 2 spots
Yeah, but in that case I think coaches would "find" space possibly by directing others lower on the roster to find other options.
Certainly it is a primary responsibility/expectation that the coaching staff will adapt to take advantage of opportunities when available to immediately improve the roster. At least that is my hope, unless of course, the kids are not deemed to be "good enough".

@clob94 any truth to the Brockmeyer's rumors? We have 2 spots left if Campbell and Mathis join up. Do we take the Brockmeyer's or look at other prospects in the portal? I'm sure we will see a few more transfers from the team come August.

Yeah, but in that case I think coaches would "find" space possibly by directing others lower on the roster to find other options.
Certainly it is a primary responsibility/expectation that the coaching staff will adapt to take advantage of opportunities when available to immediately improve the roster. At least that is my hope, unless of course, the kids are not deemed to be "good enough".
Do they for sure improve the roster? I’m asking seriously. Take the legacy part out of it and the missing out on them in the recruiting process. Would they start over the current guys or the incoming freshmen? Because that’s what your looking for out of the portal. I don’t know the answer to that question but I don’t think we could say for sure that they’d start

Do they for sure improve the roster? I’m asking seriously. Take the legacy part out of it and the missing out on them in the recruiting process. Would they start over the current guys or the incoming freshmen? Because that’s what your looking for out of the portal. I don’t know the answer to that question but I don’t think we could say for sure that they’d start

Is Tommy better than Hookfin, Karic, Jones, Johnson and Parr??? I'd say 100% yes. James is probably better than a couple of those too.

I don't disagree with you. That is why I included (unless of course, the kids are not deemed to be "good enough") in my response.

I’m sure that we’ll have a few from our roster enter the portal after spring ball which will open up a few spots.

I must emphasize that I’m reading this from CFB “insiders” on Reddit with no name so take it for whatever you think it’s worth. There’s nothing anywhere else publicly. However I’m impressed by these Reddit posters as they got every recruiting scoop correct over the last few months.

I’m sure that we’ll have a few from our roster enter the portal after spring ball which will open up a few spots.

I must emphasize that I’m reading this from CFB “insiders” on Reddit with no name so take it for whatever you think it’s worth. There’s nothing anywhere else publicly. However I’m impressed by these Reddit posters as they got every recruiting scoop correct over the last few months.
I could definetly see it happening I mean with all the crazy shit that has happened on college football the last few months this wouldn’t be that crazy.
Imo though if they end up back at Texas it will be because of two things NIL and they like the direction Sark has the program headed and want to be a part of it. If it’s about playing time at Bama then it’s a non issue because they are likely on the two deep come fall

Not necessarily because Hookfin, Parr and Johnson are dreadful. Karic and Jones are a small step above that.

Hope they prove me wrong and Flood coaches them up, but gracious they have a LOOOONG way to go

Christian Jones #70 is awful. He would be a good portal/transfer guy to lose and upgrade with one of these other OL mentioned.

Reactions: Hoookem722
I, for one, find it f*cking hilarious that these two traitorous pole smokers that thought they were too good to come help their brother at their Dad’s school, are currently wasting away on the Bama scout team. F***’em both and feed’em fish heads. If I’m Texas I slam the door in their faces like they did ours. If they’re never heard from again, it’ll be too soon. Just my own selfish .02 cents.

I, for one, find it f*cking hilarious that these two traitorous pole smokers that thought they were too good to come help their brother at their Dad’s school, are currently wasting away on the Bama scout team. F***’em both and feed’em fish heads. If I’m Texas I slam the door in their faces like they did ours. If they’re never heard from again, it’ll be too soon. Just my own selfish .02 cents.
Eh I don’t blame them. Sounds kinda like Quinn’s situation. Kinda sounds like Herman bungled their recruitment

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT