ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Christian Jones #70 is awful. He would be a good portal/transfer guy to lose and upgrade with one of these other OL mentioned.

And he started over Hookfin, Parr and Karic, lol.

I, for one, find it f*cking hilarious that these two traitorous pole smokers that thought they were too good to come help their brother at their Dad’s school, are currently wasting away on the Bama scout team. F***’em both and feed’em fish heads. If I’m Texas I slam the door in their faces like they did ours. If they’re never heard from again, it’ll be too soon. Just my own selfish .02 cents.

Pretty sure that was a Tom Herman issue

Reactions: outhereincali
Look if those Brockemeyer boys want to come to Texas I'd say welcome home.

By the grace of God three of our ol have run out of excuses to stay on the team. Because of COVID-19 I think giving players an option to come back was the right thing to do but damn I didn't think those guys and Brewer would take it that seriously.

But we had only 14 ol on scholarship last year. 3 of them are gone and another has transferred. So that leaves 10. If we sign Campbell that makes 6 ol recruits in this class. If the Brockemeyer boys decide to come home that makes 18.

Of the returning ol the only ones I still have hope for are Angilou and Majors.

So Clobs absence makes me wonder if he is handcuffed to a bed somewhere in Tailand...............

I'd like his take on our current OL situation.........

Look if those Brockemeyer boys want to come to Texas I'd say welcome home.

By the grace of God three of our ol have run out of excuses to stay on the team. Because of COVID-19 I think giving players an option to come back was the right thing to do but damn I didn't think those guys and Brewer would take it that seriously.

But we had only 14 ol on scholarship last year. 3 of them are gone and another has transferred. So that leaves 10. If we sign Campbell that makes 6 ol recruits in this class. If the Brockemeyer boys decide to come home that makes 18.

Of the returning ol the only ones I still have hope for are Angilou and Majors.

Still interested in Conner...I think he should definitely stay

Here’s the latest update on Arch Manning from On3 sports:

Milwee has been at Isidore Newman pretty much every week. Coach Flood recently visited as well. Clemson is out of the running, it's down to UGA, Bama, and the good guys. Clemson did a good job but cuts had to be made. Ole Miss and LSU are not considered serious contenders at this point.

Arch is in touch with Texas more than any other school. Arch will likely visit Texas at the end of March to check out spring ball. There is no timeline for his commitment, however. Arch and the Mannings understand the value of being a bell cow for the 2023 class, but they also won't commit before they're comfortable with their decision. So we could be in for a long one, possible going all the way to late fall.

Georgia recently offered a 2023 5* QB, which may be them hedging. Texas is all in and are not expected to offer a QB in 2023 (at least until after Arch commits elsewhere).

If Texas gets Arch, it likely pulls in Johntay Cook and Reuben Owens as well. Will Randle is a tight end who's also at Isidore Newman. He and Arch are not a package deal, but they like the idea of playing together. Randle also likes Austin. Randle is likely to commit before Arch does.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
I doubted Sark’s ability to pull this off, but it looks like he might be able too. UGA offering another QB is certainly a sign they don’t feel great about their chances.

I did always think Sark gave us a shot at Arch. Peyton and Eli both played for David Cutcliff who in his day was one of if not the best QB coach in the country. Sark is considered that in todays game. That’s gonna matter to the Manning family

something to keep in mind. If Arch comes 2022 and at the most 2023 are our last years in the big 12. I would imagine promises have been made to the manning family regarding the SEC

I doubted Sark’s ability to pull this off, but it looks like he might be able too. UGA offering another QB is certainly a sign they don’t feel great about their chances.

I did always think Sark gave us a shot at Arch. Peyton and Eli both played for David Cutcliff who in his day was one of if not the best QB coach in the country. Sark is considered that in todays game. That’s gonna matter to the Manning family

something to keep in mind. If Arch comes 2022 and at the most 2023 are our last years in the big 12. I would imagine promises have been made to the manning family regarding the SEC
How many years will he have to sit behind Ewers, or vice versa? Is he one class year behind him?

How many years will he have to sit behind Ewers, or vice versa? Is he one class year behind him?
In theory it would be just one year. Quinn is draft eligible after the 23 season. Gotta figure that’s where his head space is right now. If he’s not ready to go to the NFL after 23 Arch could probably beat him out for the job in 24

Arch will be a HS senior this year. I'll be very surprised if he ends up at Texas.
I would of been surprised. But it feels like it’s down to 2 maybe Alabama and Texas, and it feels like Texas has a lot of pluses in its side with the Manning family Feels like UGA offering another QB is a sign that they feel like they are out. I’m actually feeling better about Texas chances than I have the whole time this has been out there.

Caleb Williams officially going to USC. He took an awful long time to end up doing what everyone knew he would do lol

Here’s something to be amused by. An all too early 2022 preseason football poll but these things have a way becoming set in stone. 2 things stick out to me: A&M at #4 and USC at #21 right behind OU at #20. A&M bowed out of the bowl game disgracefully and shouldn’t be ranked in Top 20 imo. USC went 4-8 last year but ranked 21. I’d let them win a few games at least before ranking them.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...all-rankings-preseason-top-25-2022-season?amp

Here’s something to be amused by. An all too early 2022 preseason football poll but these things have a way becoming set in stone. 2 things stick out to me: A&M at #4 and USC at #21 right behind OU at #20. A&M bowed out of the bowl game disgracefully and shouldn’t be ranked in Top 20 imo. USC went 4-8 last year but ranked 21. I’d let them win a few games at least before ranking them.
https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/...all-rankings-preseason-top-25-2022-season?amp

a&m going 8-4 again this year would be gold. God, please let this happen, lol! 😆

Reactions: Drtxhorn

Texas not in there thank goodness. Hope it stays that way.

I wonder if these folks even looked at some of the returning depth charts? I’m thinking they didn’t.

Texas not in there thank goodness. Hope it stays that way.

I wonder if these folks even looked at some of the returning depth charts? I’m thinking they didn’t.
I have heard some predictions putting USC in the playoffs as early as next season. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

Reactions: weevilcatch
What resume? Being outplayed in the State Championship game, then going to Columbus for a few months?
I would go out on a limb and say getting outplayed in the championship game against another 5 star QB isn't really a big knock on a guy.

My only worry is does all that money decrease Ewers "give a crap" about being his best.............
He grew up in Southlake. I'm sure money has never been an issue for the kid so I don't see that being an issue for him now.

ADVERTISEMENT