ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

The flipping off of the cameras, mocking drew lock, trying to fight Gundy. By themselves aren’t a big deal but it just confirms the lack maturity needed to be a big time coach.

and a report is out tonight that he wants out.

The flipping off of the cameras, mocking drew lock, trying to fight Gundy. By themselves aren’t a big deal but it just confirms the lack maturity needed to be a big time coach.

and a report is out tonight that he wants out.

That is the same source that came out 2 days ago.

Mocking a player on the other team hey he started it. He and Gundy were both guilty were talking about 2 grown men acting like children. I agree with him on blm but he screwed up with the EoT and that's putting it mildly.

His biggest mistakes so far has been game management the ISU was his worst. But like it or not TH is coming back next year But a lot of this can be resolved with face to face meetings with all the people mentioned above. I don't like 6/3 either. But in the last 4 games were starting to show what kind of talent we have. He has more talent than when he got here. He's got to make it right because this is his last chance.

And coach Yurcich has to take some responsibility for play calling as well. Coach Herman must make it better with the press believe me that matters. All I can do is hope.

I don't give a damn who started what, kids are idiots, they have no filter...coaches don't respond the way Herman did. It was embarrassing. What the hell cali? lol

Gundy was guilty of nothing. Herman was completely out of line. And Herman apologized later and if I remember right "he thought Gundy said something he didn't."

Don't agree with the BLM. It's a sham. Allowing the players to express their concern and push for positive change was okay. He never set a standard and didn't draw the line. That is where he screwed up. A demand letter? Are you effing kidding me? "We demand this or we're not going out there to be an utter disappointment for yet another season of Texas football..." What a joke.

With that said, some of the requests were legit and a very good thing. A lot of it was from a place of ignorance.

I understand Herman is coming back. Last 4 games we showed flashes. 2 of those games we managed 37 points. Ridiculous. And a bunch of that defensive talent...is leaving.

There is little to no hope.

I don't give a damn who started what, kids are idiots, they have no filter...coaches don't respond the way Herman did. It was embarrassing. What the hell cali? lol

Gundy was guilty of nothing. Herman was completely out of line. And Herman apologized later and if I remember right "he thought Gundy said something he didn't."

Don't agree with the BLM. It's a sham. Allowing the players to express their concern and push for positive change was okay. He never set a standard and didn't draw the line. That is where he screwed up. A demand letter? Are you effing kidding me? "We demand this or we're not going out there to be an utter disappointment for yet another season of Texas football..." What a joke.

With that said, some of the requests were legit and a very good thing. A lot of it was from a place of ignorance.

I understand Herman is coming back. Last 4 games we showed flashes. 2 of those games we managed 37 points. Ridiculous. And a bunch of that defensive talent...is leaving.

There is little to no hope.

Well were going to lose 8 starters 4 seniors and 4 juniors. On defense its Ossai, Graham, Brown, and Sterns. The one person we need to stay is Overshown. The only one who will be hard to replace is Ossai JS perhaps.

I want to watch the Cheezit (what an awful name for a ) bowl before I give my thoughts about next season.

Well were going to lose 8 starters 4 seniors and 4 juniors. On defense its Ossai, Graham, Brown, and Sterns. The one person we need to stay is Overshown. The only one who will be hard to replace is Ossai JS perhaps.

I want to watch the Cheezit (what an awful name for a ) bowl before I give my thoughts about next season.

Agreed. Blockbuster Bowl name was way better...but they no mas, haha.

Only reason Overshown leaves is if he doesn't want to be standing there for EOT.

Ossai is a big loss, and I don't know anyone behind him for that "jack" position that can be as dynamic as him. Gonna hurt.

I really like Graham. I think Sweat, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, and Broughton will still provide solid production.

I will watch whatever bowl we're in because it will be interesting to watch the replacements for the "opt-outs"

Although his team lost tonight in the state finals Jonathan Brooks played his heart out. 36 carries for 299 yards. Also played on defense and punted as well. In short he played the whole game.

On signing day the coaches said they felt he was one of the top rb's in the state and targeted him early.

Also I read tonight that we have 9 scholarships available. I don't know how that happened but hey great.

Agreed. Blockbuster Bowl name was way better...but they no mas, haha.

Only reason Overshown leaves is if he doesn't want to be standing there for EOT.

Ossai is a big loss, and I don't know anyone behind him for that "jack" position that can be as dynamic as him. Gonna hurt.

I really like Graham. I think Sweat, Coburn, Ojomo, Collins, and Broughton will still provide solid production.

I will watch whatever bowl we're in because it will be interesting to watch the replacements for the "opt-outs"
I wonder where they are going to play Jatavion Sanders? Possibly he could play that jack position. Kids a hell of an athlete and can play pretty much any position on the field. Has tremendous hands as well if we decide to play him at TE.

Although his team lost tonight in the state finals Jonathan Brooks played his heart out. 36 carries for 299 yards. Also played on defense and punted as well. In short he played the whole game.

On signing day the coaches said they felt he was one of the top rb's in the state and targeted him early.

Also I read tonight that we have 9 scholarships available. I don't know how that happened but hey great.

I am sincerely trying to drink the koolaid you are trying to serve with your optimistic/ defensive posts. I am sorry, but I cannot take it in.

I have no problem with supporting the players on the team and I tirelessly will.
But, at no point will I accept any defense for Tom's performance on the field or recruiting this year.
If he undeservedly continues to be the coach for Texas, I will hope Texas wins.

Let us just agree that Tom has terribly terribly underperformed and move on with or without him. Let's not try to marginalize his failures by reducing it to poor game management against ISU.

The only redemption for him would be to win consistently on the field.

Reactions: outhereincali
QB J Jackson transfers to Utah. He gone.

He left us for Utah? He wants to xfr to a school that we beat by 28 in a bowl game? And he signed with us after that game.

He's leaving Austin for Salt Lake City? Don't get me wrong I've been to Salt Lake City it's a beautiful city Utah's stadium is one of the best settings in college FB. If you're sitting in the right place you can see the Wasatch mountains in one end zone and the SLC capital on one end. But the stadium only holds 45,000

But it ain't Austin and their stadium is nothing like Memorial Stadium which holds over 100,000

Last year Kyle Whittingham flips a TX commit after he loses to us in the AB. Now he gets another flip from that same class

What in the name of Darrell Royal is going on here?

😅

Reactions: DrinkToIt
He left us for Utah? He wants to xfr to a school that we beat by 28 in a bowl game? And he signed with us after that game.

He's leaving Austin for Salt Lake City? Don't get me wrong I've been to Salt Lake City it's a beautiful city Utah's stadium is one of the best settings in college FB. If you're sitting in the right place you can see the Wasatch mountains in one end zone and the SLC capital on one end. But the stadium only holds 45,000

But it ain't Austin and their stadium is nothing like Memorial Stadium which holds over 100,000

Last year Kyle Whittingham flips a TX commit after he loses to us in the AB. Now he gets another flip from that same class

What in the name of Darrell Royal is going on here?

😅

Tom Herman is going on

Reactions: oldhorn2
So they have Rising who transferred there last year from Texas and now brewer and Jackson? You aren’t transferring there for playing time clearly

I don't maybe those pretty LDS girls on their own and away from the parents for the first time.

And then I look at our xfr list. It appeared we were in the lead for a kid named Jaiden Woodbey. He was a 4* recruit who was opting out of FSU. It appeared to be a done deal for us cause our only competition was Boston College. Surely we win this one. Wrong. He chose BC. I know Boston has always been a happening town. But their fb sucks and no matter what else were still better than BC in fb.

Then there's the one's we got. We get a xfr from AZ that didn't win a game and just fired their coach. And then we get one from Mcneese State? For real?

I need a cigarette then I remembered I quit can't do that.

I need a drink then I remembered I quit can't do that either.

Dope? not that desperate.

Bummer

And then I look at our xfr list. It appeared we were in the lead for a kid named Jaiden Woodbey. He was a 4* recruit who was opting out of FSU. It appeared to be a done deal for us cause our only competition was Boston College. Surely we win this one. Wrong. He chose BC. I know Boston has always been a happening town. But their fb sucks and no matter what else were still better than BC in fb.

Then there's the one's we got. We get a xfr from AZ that didn't win a game and just fired their coach. And then we get one from Mcneese State? For real?

Bummer
There's always sex . . . unless you quit that also.

Bummer
What got it into you? You are supposed to be the "cup is half full" guy on the board. :)

What got it into you? You are supposed to be the "cup is half full" guy on the board. :)

When it comes to Longhorn fb I'll always be the cup is half full guy on orangebloods lol. Whether you admit it or not this board needs someone like me 😅 And I'm still holding out that we might sign LJ Johnson or Quaydarius Davis in Feb.

But we are having some image problems with players I know that. Players choosing Boston College or Utah over us. And while Tariq Black was good we haven't done well in the xfr portal. Mcneese State? Im glad Darrell Royal isn't alive to see this.

Wth let's go out and kick some Coors beer a** on 12/29

Are you kidding that's the 1 thing that has gotten me through this insanity. I'm a Mormon haven't you ever wondered why a lot of Mormons have big families?

I had a buddy of mine, he was a kicker at Converse Judson, he got a scholarship to BYU in 1988. He was a good kicker, he went there a Baptist and came out a Mormon, he lives up in Logan Utah now and has like 12 kids and about 20 grand kids at 50 years old.

If you have ever ever been to Sandy Utah, they have a law there that you can't live in that city unless you have a hotness rating of a 9 or better. I've never seen so many hot girls in one town in my life.

I had a buddy of mine, he was a kicker at Converse Judson, he got a scholarship to BYU in 1988. He was a good kicker, he went there a Baptist and came out a Mormon, he lives up in Logan Utah now and has like 12 kids and about 20 grand kids at 50 years old.

If you have ever ever been to Sandy Utah, they have a law there that you can't live in that city unless you have a hotness rating of a 9 or better. I've never seen so many hot girls in one town in my life.

Well if there's 1 thing LDS people know how to do it's multiply.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT