ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Interesting story about 1 of our commits Jaden Alexis. He's a 4* receiver out of FL. He has great speed in the 100 and 200 meters. I don't know much about his offer list. But I did notice that he had offers from Brown, Duke, and Harvard. How many players have we signed that had offers from there not many. I don't know much about him is he a legit 4* star? I know he's fast. His dad was a rb in the NFL for a few years. He's on the small side. Well he's a great story and he committed early. And maybe he'll make a solid contribution while he's there. One thing is certain he won't flunk out 😃. And he won't major in physical leisure or whatever our players are majoring in nowadays.

HookemHorns

Interesting story about 1 of our commits Jaden Alexis. He's a 4* receiver out of FL. He has great speed in the 100 and 200 meters. I don't know much about his offer list. But I did notice that he had offers from Brown, Duke, and Harvard. How many players have we signed that had offers from there not many. I don't know much about him is he a legit 4* star? I know he's fast. His dad was a rb in the NFL for a few years. He's on the small side. Well he's a great story and he committed early. And maybe he'll make a solid contribution while he's there. One thing is certain he won't flunk out 😃. And he won't major in physical leisure or whatever our players are majoring in nowadays.

HookemHorns
he signed with us. Glad BC did not offer. :)

Reactions: outhereincali
I think we should start looking at something besides 4 or 5 Star player, KState showed me that with Vaughn, being from Round Rock, man that was a miss, That was Pop Snyders thing, and they still are doing it, and the Brock Boys , he knocked us down when didn't get them and the 5 Star QB, this guys a crazy guy for sure on building a team...
Eagles won't even make it in the NFL. He has been 'ok' but nothing exceptional.

Read that Alabama began a hard push for Wheaton yesterday. He is supposed to announce tonight. Would suck for boomer if true. Saban is just unfair.

I just read that Quaydarius Davis has listed FL, OSU, and KS as his final 3. Ok I understand FL. but

OSU? And I'm not talking an about Ohio state or Oregon State.

KS? Need I say anything more?

When it comes to the last 2 I feel insulted. But this kid is kind of flaky so good riddance.

Well there's still LJ Johnson. Maybe. If Saban signs Wheaton we could be in trouble. OK is on LJ's final 4. Groan

Wheaton just committed to Saban. They will likely end up with the greatest (on paper) class ever.

Wheaton just committed to Saban. They will likely end up with the greatest (on paper) class ever.

Why does everything go AL's way? Unless it's Clemson nobody can beat them.

I mean they give up 50 points and 600 yards to MS but they never trailed hell they didn't even punt.

Same thing with FL

They lose a 1st round qb and he's replaced without missing a beat.

They can sign anybody they want no matter how far away it is.

Is Tuscaloosa, AL that charming? Or does it matter?

Groan

I mean they give up 50 points and 600 yards to MS but they never trailed hell they didn't even punt.

Same thing with FL

Groan
Because they put guys into the NFL. That’s it really. That and they compete for championships year in and year out.

Reactions: diadevic

Same thing with FL

Groan
Tuscaloosa has no bearing. It's the trophy cases filled to the brim in the AL Football Hall of Champions that closes the deal.

Tuscaloosa has no bearing. It's the trophy cases filled to the brim in the AL Football Hall of Champions that closes the deal.

Someone told him go to OK and win conference championships. Come to AL and win nc's. Ouch and for so long OK was a lock to sign him.

5 star kids don't go play in college for the school that they had a poster of hanging on their wall as a kid. Not anymore, at least.

5 star kids KNOW they have a shot a being multi-millionaires in 3.5 years-- IF they go to the right school.

Money is thicker than childish alma-mater loyalty.

Last edited:
Well a Xmas present of sorts. Keithron Lee, borderline 3/4* receiver out of Bryan has committed to TX today. Had a decent offer list a few P5 schools.

He's on the small side, 5'10" 170. But wth we now have a couple of 4* receivers who are small but fast. One, Jaiden Alexis, appears to be super smart a welcome change from all of our physical leisure and our 3 years and still undecideds on our team. And Keithron Lee grew up in Bryan. He probably jumped sky high when TX offered. I mean can you imagine growing up in Bryan, TX and getting an offer to live Austin for 3 to 5 years?

Mostly after all the bs and insults we had to put up with from Quaydarius Davis and Garrett Wilson it's nice to sign a couple of good receivers who want to play for TX.

365 this is for you we didn't have to fight Boston College for this one.

HookemHorns and to Keithron Lee welcome to the 40 acres young man.

Last edited:
Well a Xmas present of sorts. Keithron Lee, borderline 3/4* receiver out of Bryan has committed to TX today. Had a decent offer list a few P5 schools.

He's on the small side, 5'10" 170. But wth we now have a couple of 4* receivers who are small but fast. One, Jaiden Alexis, appears to be super smart a welcome change from all of our physical leisure and our 3 years and still undecideds on our team. And Keithron Lee grew up in Bryan. He probably jumped sky high when TX offered. I mean can you imagine growing up in Bryan, TX and getting an offer to live Austin for 3 to 5 years?

Mostly after all the bs and insults we had to put up with from Quaydarius Davis and Garrett Wilson it's nice to sign a couple of good receivers who want to play for TX.

365 this is for you we didn't have to fight Boston College for this one.

HookemHorns and to Keithron Lee welcome to the 40 acres young man.

56 for 1100 and 16 TD for a team that wasn't very good.

Last edited:
Reactions: outhereincali
5 star kids don't go play in college for the school that they had a poster of hanging on their wall as a kid. Not anymore, at least.

5 star kids KNOW they have a shot a being multi-millionaires in 3.5 years-- IF they go to the right school.

Money is thicker than childish alma-mater loyalty.
Yep which kinda relates to the EOT situation. It may mean something to fans, alumni, and maybe a few of the players. Most of the players though could give two shits about whatever song any school might sing

I mean look at Justin Fields and Bru McCoy. Fields went from UGA to Ohio state in a blink of an eye. Bru McCoy went from USC go Texas back to USC in like a 2 month span. The school doesn’t matter to most of those kids. For better or worse that’s the way it is

Reactions: soonersoldier
Yep which kinda relates to the EOT situation. It may mean something to fans, alumni, and maybe a few of the players. Most of the players though could give two shits about whatever song any school might sing

I mean look at Justin Fields and Bru McCoy. Fields went from UGA to Ohio state in a blink of an eye. Bru McCoy went from USC go Texas back to USC in like a 2 month span. The school doesn’t matter to most of those kids. For better or worse that’s the way it is

I am not a fan of this new ability to move around so easily...but I am not sure how we get the toothpaste back in the tube?

I am not a fan of this new ability to move around so easily...but I am not sure how we get the toothpaste back in the tube?
Yeah I’ve always felt that players should have some freedom to move, but yeah I think it’s gone too far the other direction

When a large number of players permanently lose scholarships this trend will begin to slow. College football is becoming extremely boring as the playoff is essentially the same thing every year. I am getting bored. Texas football is boring and a turd.

When a large number of players permanently lose scholarships this trend will begin to slow. College football is becoming extremely boring as the playoff is essentially the same thing every year. I am getting bored. Texas football is boring and a turd.

crybaby crybaby crybaby

the sky is falling the sky is falling the sky is falling

There will never be a shortage of scholarship offers. The player may not end up where they thought or wanted to be but in their mind it will be better. I agree on the playoffs, but I think most disagree with my suggestion: 5 conference champions with 3 wild cards (no bye weeks). If that means cutting back one out of conference I'm cool with that, if not I'm good with that too. It still maintains importance for winning a conference and leaves the door open for a team with 1 loss (which already happens). But I get it most would be against this approach.

Last edited:
Reactions: westx
National title contenders have always been the same group of schools for a long time time now.
Alabama
LSU
Ohio state
Miami
USC
Florida state
Texas
Clemson
Nebraska
Florida
Norte dame

those 11 schools cover a pretty large number of the last 40 years of national titles. There has never been much parity in college football. Not sure why people are acting like this is a new problem.

There will never be a shortage of scholarship offers. The player may not end up where they thought or wanted to be but in their mind it will be better. I agree on the playoffs, but I think most disagree with my suggestion: 5 conference champions with 3 wild cards (no bye weeks). If that means cutting back one out of conference I'm cool with that, if not I'm good with that too. It still maintains importance for winning a conference and leaves the door open for a team with 1 loss (which already happens). But I get it most would be against this approach.

Actually, I think all school budgets are going to be decimated going forward. Yes, scholarships are going to take a hit because some programs will be "going away".

Last edited:
National title contenders have always been the same group of schools for a long time time now.
Alabama
LSU
Ohio state
Miami
USC
Florida state
Texas
Clemson
Nebraska
Florida
Norte dame

those 11 schools cover a pretty large number of the last 40 years of national titles. There has never been much parity in college football. Not sure why people are acting like this is a new problem.

You left out OU.

Four of these schools have been to more than 1 playoff and 6 none. The playoff is an invitational and is getting more exclusive and that will be to the detriment of cfb. I agree with SS. There should be auto bids to the playoff and that would be winning a conference title.

There is one thing that college basketball has over cfb. It's the ability to have a bad game and still win the national championship. Conference championships have a greater meaning in cbb because they have an autobid to the final tournament.

If there is one thing that the China Virus may do, it may completely destroy the current revenue construct of cfb. I would like to rid cfb of the meaningless games against g5 opponents, decrease the seasonal schedule, and increase the playoff to at least 8 teams, maybe 16. This won't happen til ESPN is bankrupt.

The head brass at ESPN are going to kill their business model. While they twist like pretzels to get their favored schools into their invitational, they are going to kill the TV ratings for the schools that are being left out because many fans will view the season as rigged. I would think that a healthy advertising business model would be to increase the value of their overall product rather than concentrate it into a few games.

Last edited:
Four of these schools have been to more than 1 playoff and 6 none. The playoff is an invitational and is getting more exclusive and that will be to the detriment of cfb. I agree with SS. There should be auto bids to the playoff and that would be winning a conference title.

There is one thing that college basketball has over cfb. It's the ability to have a bad game and still win the national championship. Conference championships have a greater meaning in cbb because they have an autobid to the final tournament.

If there is one thing that the China Virus may do, it's that it may completely destroy the current revenue design of cfb. I would like to rid cfb of the meaningless games against g5 opponents, decrease the seasonal schedule, and increase the playoff to at least 8 teams, maybe 16. This won't happen til ESPN is bankrupt.

The head brass at ESPN are going to kill their business model. While they twist like pretzels to get their favored schools into their invitational, they are going to kill the TV ratings for the schools that are being left out because many fans will view the season as rigged. I would think that a healthy advertisement model would be to increase the value of their overall product rather than concentrate it into a few games.
Yea 4 of those schools have been to playoffs. College football has always been cyclical wheee schools have a 5-7 year run of dominance it’s really nothing new.

Florida won 2 out of 3 from 2006-2008
Nebraska won 3 out of 4 from 94-97
USC won the AP in 03, the BCS in 04 and lost to Texas in 05
Miami won 3 in a 6 year period on the 80’s.

if they had a 4 team playoff this whole time you would see similar runs with 3 or 4 of the same teams years in a row. The playoff didn’t create this college football has always been this way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT