ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Yea 4 of those schools have been to playoffs. College football has always been cyclical wheee schools have a 5-7 year run of dominance it’s really nothing new.

Florida won 2 out of 3 from 2006-2008
Nebraska won 3 out of 4 from 94-97
USC won the AP in 03, the BCS in 04 and lost to Texas in 05
Miami won 3 in a 6 year period on the 80’s.

if they had a 4 team playoff this whole time you would see similar runs with 3 or 4 of the same teams years in a row. The playoff didn’t create this college football has always been this way

It won't be allowed to be cyclical if ESPN has its way. ESPN would rather keep everything the same so that they may satisfy their revenue models by not upsetting the apple cart with an 'unexpected' participant. It used to be conference champs who went to the big 4 bowl games. I would rather go back to that model over the current one. Aggy got screwed for a completely mediocre ND team.

Used to be:
SWC
Big 8
Pac 10
Big 10
SEC
Big East
ACC
Notre Dame - Service Academies

Rose Bowl
Sugar Bowl
Cotton Bowl
Orange Bowl

There was never a finish through on a championship. Today we are not allowed to have an unbiased playoff. The media/cumulative monied interests don't want to lose control so we have never had a real champion, only a net "payoff" a la Jeruh Jones.

The Sweet 16 to the Final 4 in CBB is infinitely better than anything CFB has.

Last edited:
Reactions: DancesWithWolves
I think we should start looking at something besides 4 or 5 Star player, KState showed me that with Vaughn, being from Round Rock, man that was a miss, That was Pop Snyders thing, and they still are doing it, and the Brock Boys , he knocked us down when didn't get them and the 5 Star QB, this guys a crazy guy for sure on building a team...
It all comes down to evaluation and hard work. A great team will have some 3-star players, but the majority will be 4 stars players with 5-star players sprinkled in. Ask Nick Saban to mainly recruit 3-star players and will walk out in the middle of the night as he did with the Miami Dolphins. I think many times the Texas coaching staff has a tendacy to fall in love with certain players and forget to do their due diligence as whole. We need a coach who has proven record of putting players in the NFL is the bottom line what kids want.

Someone said "I COULD care less." The correct wording is COULDN'T care less. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Does anyone know if we have a chance to sign any other defensive lineman or offensive lineman in February?

One more positive note about our 2021 class. It was announced today that Jonathan Brooks was named Mr Texas.

Not Cam Wheaton
But Jonathan Brooks

Not Tommy Brockemeyer
But Jonathan Brooks.

Hookem Jonathan Brooks.

Does anyone know if we have a chance to sign any other defensive lineman or offensive lineman in February?

I don't know but I know we are in the running for rb LJ Johnson who's listed in the Texas top 10.

And I don't know about ol or dl. But I do know that we still have 9 scholarships to offer.

Maybe tonight's game will change some minds.

I know the coronavirus hit you hard. Are you alright?

One more positive note about our 2021 class. It was announced today that Jonathan Brooks was named Mr Texas.

Not Cam Wheaton
But Jonathan Brooks

Not Tommy Brockemeyer
But Jonathan Brooks.

Hookem Jonathan Brooks.

Recruiting is not an exact science, however, Brooks benefitted from playing some really bad talent. He is a legit college talent but he has major holes in his game. The so-called experts point out his lack of top end speed and his running style is very upright. I haven't had a chance to watch him myself, I hope he plays in all star game so I can see for myself.

Recruiting is not an exact science, however, Brooks benefitted from playing some really bad talent. He is a legit college talent but he has major holes in his game. The so-called experts point out his lack of top end speed and his running style is very upright. I haven't had a chance to watch him myself, I hope he plays in all star game so I can see for myself.
[/

They've reclassified hs fb in TX. JB played in class 3A isn't that the 2nd smallest classification now?

I'm not worried about the competition he faced. Billy Sims, Eric Dickerson, and most recently Ladainian Tomlinson played at small schools and they were great rbs.

And 3000 yards is a lot of yards nobody does that regardless of the competition. He took a fb team that has a history mediocrity to the title game. And you should check out his stats from that game.

I suppose he does the things the critics say he does. But a good coaching staff can correct that.

He was an early commit and lastly

Welcome to the 40 acres Jonathan Brooks.

They've reclassified hs fb in TX. JB played in class 3A isn't that the 2nd smallest classification now?

I'm not worried about the competition he faced. Billy Sims, Eric Dickerson, and most recently Ladainian Tomlinson played at small schools and they were great rbs.

And 3000 yards is a lot of yards nobody does that regardless of the competition. He took a fb team that has a history mediocrity to the title game. And you should check out his stats from that game.

I suppose he does the things the critics say he does. But a good coaching staff can correct that.

He was an early commit and lastly

Welcome to the 40 acres Jonathan Brooks.

3A is the old 2A classification. I didn't say he wasn't talented, he is a legit talent, however as I said, I haven't seen him run myself. I tend to be a pretty good judge of RBs but I would need to watch film to get an idea of his strengths and weaknesses.

Last year I was all over Ty Jordan, when I saw his film and he turned out to be freshmen newcomer of the year in the PAC. I'm looking forward to watching this kids film and judging for myself, but until then I can only tell you what is being said by those who have seen him.

Reactions: outhereincali

Hell....that aint so much...Ken Hall had over 4000 yds...........his senior year. He finished High School wih 11,232 yds

He had 14,558 total yds.....one year he averaged 337.1 yds per game rushing.

Reactions: diadevic
Hell....that aint so much...Ken Hall had over 4000 yds...........his senior year. He finished High School wih 11,232 yds

He had 14,558 total yds.....one year he averaged 337.1 yds per game rushing.

Keep in mind at a time when running 4.7 40 was considered fast, Hall was running a 4.3 40. Almost unheard of for that time.

Today 4.3 is considered fast, but not unheard of.

Reactions: oldhorn2
I see all these RBs and Qb and Wr and Defensive players being brought in but very few Oline guys, I think he had better start there pretty soon or we will have all that fire power and nobody to block for them...and they will take our asses down in backfield...he took only a few Olinemans

Hook'em

I see all these RBs and Qb and Wr and Defensive players being brought in but very few Oline guys, I think he had better start there pretty soon or we will have all that fire power and nobody to block for them...and they will take our asses down in backfield...he took only a few Olinemans

Hook'em

Patience

We got 6 spots set aside for the big uglies, they will come, we just need to let the process play out. Flood is one of the best in the business at developing talent, he is also a great recruiter, we also have one of the best recruiters in the country helping him out for the tippy top of the food chain.
We can revisit this after a few guys commit and discuss what went right and what went wrong.

The guy we want is Cambell....

Actually the guys we want are: Campbell, Banks, and Dewberry. as far as I'm concerned Campbell and Banks are equally top must gets in this class. Dewberry is also just as important but Campbell and Banks are the Bell Cows for the line.

Unless we go out of state or flip an Aggie commitment there isn't defensive linemen I'd call Must-gets in this cycle.

The great Keith Jackson coined the phrase big uglies. In fact a lot of coaches and players liked it when he said it about them.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT