ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

Not trying to detour the qb convo but I just watched the highlights on rb Rueben Owens II for the first time and ho-lee-chit we potentially have a great one coming here.

Don't know much about his character but if he takes everything seriously and does the Greek transformation in the weight room.....watchout. Pretty excited with the athleticism we're adding across the board. Let's hope ole Sark can coach as well as he's been recruiting.

I will disagree with you on Cade. He is going to be a dude. He is a winner. I will see your Thompson and raise you Connor Weigman. I really like him. Hayes King...meh. Weigman is Johnny 2.0. I like Casey Thompson though. Murphy is that high risk and high reward type guy. Maybe he will be a stud, but Klubnik is going to be a good one.

I'm glad to see an aggie get it about Hayes King. How he got a scholarship to a&m is a head scratcher. The kid is not a D1 QB and should never see the field at a&m.

California's football season is just getting started, we will know more over the next 6 to 8 weeks.

When it comes to Quarterbacks I trust Sark completely. That is why we hired him.

Next I trust my eyes and I'm confident we got the right guy after Ewers. It's only March, there is still 9 months til early signing day. Lots can change in that amount of time. Murphy has been groomed since he was 12 years old to be a quarterback and I'm excited to have him.

Not trying to detour the qb convo but I just watched the highlights on rb Rueben Owens II for the first time and ho-lee-chit we potentially have a great one coming here.

Don't know much about his character but if he takes everything seriously and does the Greek transformation in the weight room.....watchout. Pretty excited with the athleticism we're adding across the board. Let's hope ole Sark can coach as well as he's been recruiting.

My first thought when I was watching Owens tape was I accidently clicked on old tape of Adrian Peterson. Same tall lean body with those long strides when he runs.

So far I'm pretty excited to get him, can't wait to see him this coming season.

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!
I will disagree with you on Cade. He is going to be a dude. He is a winner. I will see your Thompson and raise you Connor Weigman. I really like him. Hayes King...meh. Weigman is Johnny 2.0. I like Casey Thompson though. Murphy is that high risk and high reward type guy. Maybe he will be a stud, but Klubnik is going to be a good one.

My main concern with Murphy is that he does not see the kind of competition that Ewers or Klubnick face. His learning curve is going to be steeper and that concerns me... Hopefully, he is a patient guy and doesn't expect to hop Hudson Card. He is going to have to see some time as the practice squad qb... Let's see if he can do it.

I've seen the film. The only few arguments I can make about him are:
1. He gets over his toes sometimes. I love a guy with forward lean at the point of attack, it guarantees an extra couple of yards falling forward. But this kid leans forward ALL the time.
2. He plays at a small school. El Campo Rice Birds play against some talent, but not every Friday night.
3. He's so much more naturally gifted than his competitors that he can juke sideways a lot and get out of trouble behind the line. In college, he'll have to hit that hole quickly and get up field. No time for jokes.

Other than that, the kid is a speed demon. And speed kills.

1. He gets over his toes sometimes. I love a guy with forward lean at the point of attack, it guarantees an extra couple of yards falling forward. But this kid leans forward ALL the time.
2. He plays at a small school. El Campo Rice Birds play against some talent, but not every Friday night.
3. He's so much more naturally gifted than his competitors that he can juke sideways a lot and get out of trouble behind the line. In college, he'll have to hit that hole quickly and get up field. No time for jokes.

You're right speed kills. If it weren't for NA who knows where I'd be now 😅

Reactions: clob94
I wanted to post this since the news broke some hours ago. Given that RJ Young, an OU guy, broke the news around lunch time, and 247 Sports has written about it, but OB has not, I thought I would share this information. My guess is that a family member has made the case for him to keep his options open - that there is no reason to commit so early. I hope that is the case and that what attracted him to Texas eventually causes him to re-commit.

I wanted to post this since the news broke some hours ago. Given that RJ Young, an OU guy, broke the news around lunch time, and 247 Sports has written about it, but OB has not, I thought I would share this information. My guess is that a family member has made the case for him to keep his options open - that there is no reason to commit so early. I hope that is the case and that what attracted him to Texas eventually causes him to re-commit.

RJ Young is a scumbag and an ou hack. He openly derides Texas as a rayciss schooland pushes his bias on recruits. It's shamefull.

I'm glad to see an aggie get it about Hayes King. How he got a scholarship to a&m is a head scratcher. The kid is not a D1 QB and should never see the field at a&m.
Hmm, then the same could be said for Hudson Card. In the 2019 Elite 11 QB competition, King finished rated #3. Card finished rated #5.

I see him transferring to the likes of Texas State or Sam Houston. But, in King's defense, he could turn out to be like Colt. For the ags, that wouldn't be too shabby.

I see him transferring to the likes of Texas State or Sam Houston. But, in King's defense, he could turn out to be like Colt. For the ags, that wouldn't be too shabby.

I agree about the transfer part. King would be ok at a Texas State, SHSU or SFA. He's just not a D1 type QB. Thanks for the laugh about him turning out to be like Colt. ;)

RJ actively contacts recruits posing as a journalist but he tries to get them to decommit from Texas and go to blOwU. I have little doubt he contacted Evans and told him to open things back up. He did that with Bowman and he actively pulled for our then committed QB Milroe to switch from Texas to Bama.

He has constantly been bringing up the whole EOT thing and seems to have made it his mission that no one will forget about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: jah4550
RJ actively contacts recruits posing as a journalist but he tries to get them to decommit from Texas and go to blOwU. I have little doubt he contacted Evans and told him to open things back up. He did that with Bowman and he actively pulled for our then committed QB Milroe to switch from Texas to Bama.

He has constantly been bringing up the whole EOT thing and seems to have made it his mission that no one will forget about it.

If kids listen to a hack like that, then they aren't mentally ready to play anywhere and I certainly wouldn't want them at Texas.

Texas has incredible recruiters. Men that are much better at their job than one twitter buffoon. Let's see what they can do.

Reactions: hookem365

So what you are saying they are still trying to cheat? And RJ is getting paid on the low by blowu? Crazier things have happened

I've seen them both play. No comparison. Card is much, much better than King.
To be clear, when I said meh, I don't think King will be a bad quarterback. I just have watched him play a few times and I don't like the inconsistency. There are times he looked REALLY good, and then I saw him look bad a couple of times. He has a lot of talent around him so he just needs to not make a ton of mistakes. I'm just not wowed by him is all. I'm not really drooling over Eli Stowers either though. I could be wrong on both. I am drooling over Connor Weigman. He is going to be a stud I think. I don't enough about Hudson Card to make an intelligent comment on that. Maybe they will both be good and we can meet each other in the playoffs. That would be fun.

Reactions: LonghornMM
To be clear, when I said meh, I don't think King will be a bad quarterback. I just have watched him play a few times and I don't like the inconsistency. There are times he looked REALLY good, and then I saw him look bad a couple of times. He has a lot of talent around him so he just needs to not make a ton of mistakes. I'm just not wowed by him is all. I'm not really drooling over Eli Stowers either though. I could be wrong on both. I am drooling over Connor Weigman. He is going to be a stud I think. I don't enough about Hudson Card to make an intelligent comment on that. Maybe they will both be good and we can meet each other in the playoffs. That would be fun.

Sounds like he is closer to Case McCoy than Colt.

Sounds like he is closer to Case McCoy than Colt.
I’d say somewhere in between. Again if he can play the way I’ve seen him play and Jimbo can get him playing at a higher level he could do the trick, but he has a lot of talent around him so we will see. Hopefully he is no Case!!

There are athletes in that district and it being in the Houston area. Not some farm town out in West Texas.

Reactions: ElDiabloTejano
There are athletes in that district and it being in the Houston area. Not some farm town out in West Texas.
Like I said-- there is "some" talent in that district. But he won't be going against a D1 defensive player every Friday night. See how that works?

ADVERTISEMENT