ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Recruiting

StrangerHorn

Jan 6, 2020
I think we should start looking at something besides 4 or 5 Star player, KState showed me that with Vaughn, being from Round Rock, man that was a miss, That was Pop Snyders thing, and they still are doing it, and the Brock Boys , he knocked us down when didn't get them and the 5 Star QB, this guys a crazy guy for sure on building a team...

It’s fine to recruit 5 star kids. At the end of the day it’s those guys who most often turn in to studs, but recruiting them isn’t enough. You gotta coach them up. That’s what we’ve failed to do for much of the last 15 years.

i also don’t think we do a good job of evaluating talent. Every class Texas should be pulling a few of the 3 star kids that turn in to studs. Don’t just leave them for k state, Iowa state, etc. Tgats how Gary Pinkle built Missouri. He took all the guys out of Texas that Texas and OU didn’t want mixed them with the Kansas City and St. Louis Metro kids and built some good teams.

The point is, sometimes a football player doesnt fit the mold. Mike Singletary was too small to play major College football. Some guys just know how to play the game.....and it is obvious from an early age. Of course you take Bijan every time. At the same time dont neglect the guy that has always been a standout but has just been too small.

The point is, sometimes a football player doesnt fit the mold. Mike Singletary was too small to play major College football. Some guys just know how to play the game.....and it is obvious from an early age. Of course you take Bijan every time. At the same time dont neglect the guy that has always been a standout but has just been too small.

The reason you take the KSU waterbug is because Robinson and the other 20 4'star guys you have gone after have already said no.

If 60%+ of your roster isn't 4 star or better, you aren't really even in the hunt for a title. You can't beat the elite teams with little guys or slow guys who try harder.

Bingo, This isn't about talent, it's about development, and that is something we just don't see anymore.

This class has been hijacked. Make that car jacked. Likely in the market for another corner.

Smoke that JQJ, qb, might be hitting the transfer portal.
What a sh!t show. At the same time, why not earn it? If I’m not #1 I’m gone.
I was looking at the Fab 55 today. 15 of the top 20 are either committed or considering going out of state.
Embarrassing and shameful.

Reactions: DrinkToIt
One of our recruits arrested over the weekend for a carjacking? Ishmael Ibraheem?

Can it get any worse? If this is true than I hope coach Herman doesn't take him because if he will really start losing control of his team. It's the same with Q. Davis. As desperately as we need them we can't do it.

And if were lucky II didn't do it. Maybe it's that low rated 3* ol from the Houston prep school than it won't be as bad.

Smoke that JQJ, qb, might be hitting the transfer portal.
What a sh!t show. At the same time, why not earn it? If I’m not #1 I’m gone.
I was looking at the Fab 55 today. 15 of the top 20 are either committed or considering going out of state.
Embarrassing and shameful.

You know national recruiting is the way now. If you think tOSU is raiding TX you should look at their list they're getting kids from all over the country.

Why Im disappointed that Ossai is not going to play in the bowl game it was inevitable he wasn't going to come back next year. I'll always appreciate the way he plat played against OSU this year and what a game he played. He could be the 1rst first round draft choice in 6 years. That's inexcusable.

Back to recruiting. I guess we need a pass rusher now maybe Jordon Thomas can step in to replace him.

Reactions: GMR3
“Allegedly” II was just in the wrong place at the wrong time and was not part of the carjacking. His charges have been reduced to evading arrest. Being reported that he will not sign this week, but perhaps in February. UT wants to let it play out.

Reactions: outhereincali
Card looked good against North Shore. One of the few bright spots for LT in that game.

I was reading somewhere that TX should go after Charlie Brewer who just entered the transfer portal. I hope not I was not impressed when we TX played Baylor.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT