ADVERTISEMENT

Reggie Hemphill-Mapps Transfering

That sucks. He was really good in the slot this year and young. Why is he transferring?

Unsure why he would do that. He was very productive. Where their any behind the scenes troubles?

That sucks. He was really good in the slot this year and young. Why is he transferring?
Well I may have jumped the gun and it's not official yet. But now there are reports on paper from 247 and TFB. Probably only a matter of time.

FWIW: Rumors him and Mehringer didn't get along, death in the family to someone very close to him, thus being homesick....

Thus the renewed interest in more WRs in this class (Bush, Keys, Moore, Preston, etc). I've heard rumors about Duvernay leaving too.

I figured Duvernay (and brother) would transfer since this staff isn't going to play him.

FWIW: Rumors him and Mehringer didn't get along, death in the family to someone very close to him, thus being homesick....
Maybe the position coach is a hard a$$. Maybe the position coach doesn't relate with the kids. If this continues, then we might be in the market for a new position coach.

I know we always tend to side with the coaches in player/coach clashes. But a lot of this staff don't have much skin on the wall, and certainly not enough to be running off productive players. The only bright spot about our WRs last year was Johnson vs USC and Mapps productivity. Coach needs to do something.

Reactions: 4MNChampsHorn
just out of curiosity... why WON'T this staff play him, if he were to hypothetically out-play the other guys?

Theoretically he doesn't fit this offense. Tremendous straight line speed not a lot of wiggle. Those points may be valid, but it's not like his skills still couldn't be utilized, so I'm sure he and the coaches clash as well.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Without looking think he had 10 catches in one game last year. He will be missed.

RHM's propensity to field punts inside the 10 yard line will not be missed (this was a real issue with him.) I know he took one to the house but his lack "on field" awareness in doing this was ridiculous to put it nicely.

Replacing 37 catches for 400 yards will be no problem... whatsoever.

Furthermore, the scuttlebutt is that his mother isn't well and he wants to be closer to home.

He'll probably land at cougar high.

Reactions: 59HookEm
Tough to see Reggie go, he seemed like a fan favorite and a kid who really enjoyed playing the game. If it is related to a health situation, I hope him and his family the best.

somebody said the staff WON'T play him. i was was wondering why they WOULDN'T play him? if the other guys are outplaying him, then they SHOULD'T. i was just asking why the word WON'T was used.

That was me. I don't have any inside knowledge just guessing. He isn't getting any playing time regardless of it being staff or him, so he'll probably be gone soon enough.

I hate losing him he made punt return mistakes but the kid can catch. Duvernay was a baylor kid and we all know baylor made good talent evaluations at receiver positions, just not good character evaluation. Hope DD stays for slot position.

You have multiple players at a position group mulling transfers or transferring you may have a position coach problem. Be interesting to watch going forward.

Do you ever watch other teams that has that are winning and then ours.. Maybe we should be in a different conferen... We are maybe Ufl talent getting tired of waiting for the big time. H time clock is running

I understand if family is the reason. Otherwise, this sucks because he took playing time from other quality receivers. RHM wasn't any better than our other receivers (Duvernay, Foreman)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT