ADVERTISEMENT

Remember that time i warned you about USC?

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Lincoln Riley is about to unleash a monster. They may drop a game or two this year-- but I doubt more than 2. They just physically whipped Stanford's ass.

I figured Riley would have them in the playoffs in 3 years....

He may do it in 2.

I’m thinking everyone on here predicted success for Riley at usc , except two guys. He’s bringing back “cool” to la-la land, just like Carroll did. If they weren’t moving to the big x, they would totally dominate the pac XII.

Reactions: LonghornMM
The only one on their schedule that is any good is Utah. They could easily be 11-1 or 12-0 going into the PAC championship game.

What are the odds that Texas, USC, Georgia, and Michigan are in the playoff? That would breathe some life into the stale state of cfb.

Lincoln Riley is about to unleash a monster. They may drop a game or two this year-- but I doubt more than 2. They just physically whipped Stanford's ass.

He may do it in 2.
I got a lot of shit on this board for saying USC would have a better year than OU this year.

I thought Caleb Williams wasn’t any good?
Caleb Williams has the intangibles you want in a qb, look at the RRS. His stats weren't great but definitely got it done. Dude was a 5 star that led Venables on until BV had to go a different route? BV was absolutely wanting to keep him who said otherwise? Once he bailed he took the safest qb available before he signed with UCLA. Riley took some skill players with him. BV did a good job in his first 2 months on the job. We'll be in the hunt for the CC in my opinion but definitely not calling for a playoff as I have been very consistent on.

What are the odds that Texas, USC, Georgia, and Michigan are in the playoff? That would breathe some life into the stale state of cfb.
Playoffs
A Pac XII team
A Big XII team

In the same year

Finebaum would rant about how they don't belong in the playoffs. I would enjoy that.

He may do it in 2.
So are you predicting USC to win a playoff game in 2 years or just make a playoff game? I can see Riley with his offense making the playoff in 3 years but I’m not sold on him winning a playoff game until it’s done.

Last edited:
Maybe not this year, but wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the 4 in 2023. Really beleive Sark is building a monster here as well.

Reactions: Belldozer1
Maybe not this year, but wouldn’t surprise me if that’s the 4 in 2023. Really beleive Sark is building a monster here as well.
Texas has enough talent to win the conference no problem this year and should imo. Card just needs to manage games until Ewers gets back for the RRS

Texas has enough talent to win the conference no problem this year and should imo. Card just needs to manage games until Ewers gets back for the RRS
I would be really surprised if Ewers is back by the RRS. That's 26 days from today. That's under 4 weeks. I would guess the Iowa State game is the earliest he comes back.

He may do it in 2.
Well it looked like USC YNLEASHED A BIG NOTHING BURGER ON TULANE. Riley suffering from the same ailment he’s had since 2015

Cause he grabbed CW and some other stars to go with him to USC. Unfortunately he also took the OU D staff. Not that ours was much better this year. Always next year right?

Cause he grabbed CW and some other stars to go with him to USC. Unfortunately he also took the OU D staff. Not that ours was much better this year. Always next year right?
So the transfer portal wasn’t available to burnt vegetables?

Problem is as good as Riley is there is nothing in his history thet suggests he’s capable of fixing the defense
He'll wise up. There's a young Brent Venables out there somewhere. Once he starts getting the right Jimmy's and Joe's to come play defense, I promise you, he'll find a guy with the X's and O's.

He'll wise up. There's a young Brent Venables out there somewhere. Once he starts getting the right Jimmy's and Joe's to come play defense, I promise you, he'll find a guy with the X's and O's.
It's always been said that he doesn't put any emphasis on defense. Defense just kills time before his offense can get back on the field. He may get some talent and hire a good coach but he will never put any emphasis or pride in his defense. Which will be why his defense will always be average at best.

If anybody watched those 2 playoff games this weekend and think you need a defense to win a national championship I don't know what to tell you. All it takes is putting a formidable defense together in today's college football and you can win with an elite offense. I know I have said it on here a couple of times in the past but offense wins more than defense in today's game.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
ADVERTISEMENT