ADVERTISEMENT

Remember that time i warned you about USC?

If that is what was needed to hit the reset button and rebuild the program from a team that wins 10 games a year, has a terrible defense and gets destroyed in the playoff to one that actually contends for national championships, yes. If we don’t take the last two solid recruiting/transfer classes and win 8-9 games next year then continue to improve…then i would be fine going another direction. What Riley was doing here wasn’t ever going to win a national championship and it was getting farther from it every year. Winning the conference championship isn’t enough when you’ve already won most of them since the conference came into existence but haven’t won a national championship since 2000. Something different needed to happen, time will tell whether BV was the right answer.
I’d put my money on you guys heading to the John Blake era again versus winning a a championship lol. Venables looked in over his head this season.

Reactions: HornDrummer
BV had a bad year. Like Sark last year. UT got better. Think OU will too. Will see if it's enough to get ahead in the SEC next year.

I’d put my money on you guys heading to the John Blake era again versus winning a a championship lol. Venables looked in over his head this season.

We’ll see. In any event Riley wasn’t the guy and never will be. He’s proven it over and over again.

BV’s recruited two classes that are both better than any of Riley’s so far. If he has another season like 2022 with his own guys, he won’t be around very long. I would imagine that things will improve year over year like they have for Sark, who also looked overmatched in his first season at Texas.

ADVERTISEMENT