ADVERTISEMENT

Remembering Jim Brown

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
Personally speaking I think he was the greatest player in NFL history the running back that all backs should be compared to. A remarkable athlete especially in lacrosse. Would have been an exceptional athlete in many sports if he wanted.

In his career he averaged over 100 yag, 5.2 ypc, and never missed a game. No rb will ever match that.

He was a community activist and had a positive impact.

But he had his bad sides especially in regards to women. So unfortunately he will be remembered as great athlete who tried to make the world a better place. But that's it.

Jim Brown was 87
RIP

He could let a leg go limp, tackler would fall off. Never seen that since. I was at the Browns-Cowboys game at the Cotton Bowl. Tex Schramm said in his book that 30,000 fans were there. Art Model said Clint only paid him for 15,000. Probably only 15,000 paid.

He could let a leg go limp, tackler would fall off. Never seen that since. I was at the Browns-Cowboys game at the Cotton Bowl. Tex Schramm said in his book that 30,000 fans were there. Art Model said Clint only paid him for 15,000. Probably only 15,000 paid.
My all time favorite cowboy Bob Lilly who played against him numerous times said one time Brown broke his facemask. A metal facemask think about that. Lilly said it didn't hurt but he was surprised that somebody could do that.

• Wow
Reactions: freeper
My Pee Wee Football coaches when I lived in Hurst took the entire team to the Browns game at the Cotton Bowl in ’65. I think Leroy Kelly was also playing for the Browns. That was the game where I became a lifelong Cowboys fan.

My Pee Wee Football coaches when I lived in Hurst took the entire team to the Browns game at the Cotton Bowl in ’65. I think Leroy Kelly was also playing for the Browns. That was the game where I became a lifelong Cowboys fan.
Fvck you're old.........

;)

• Haha
Reactions: HarryBuffalo
Jim Brown was a remarkable athlete not just in fb or lacrosse he would have been a great decathlete.

But for a long time his problems with women were ignored by his fans. But it can no longer be hidden. I mean when you have 6 charges for assault towards women somebody has to be telling the truth. And even if there's only one person telling the truth that's inexcusable. That's when I stopped my reverence for him.

Sometimes people went to the playboy mansion too much and they developed distorted views about women. And that's true about Jim Brown. He was another celebrity who bragged about his conquests.

And at the end that is why he was and will never be an icon.

didnt they change the rules because of him and how good he was? He would just cup the ball to his chest and run.
Yup they changed that rule because of Jim Brown. Nobody could stop him cause he would just cup the ball and run over and stiff arm people. He was also running like a 4.5 40 back then which in today's time would be around a 4.2.

Reactions: hookem777
Yup they changed that rule because of Jim Brown. Nobody could stop him cause he would just cup the ball and run over and stiff arm people. He was also running like a 4.5 40 back then which in today's time would be around a 4.2.
It would....... I mean-- it's still a 4.5--- because.... well.... you know-- the whole "space time continuum" thing.....

But ya--- I get what you're trying to say.... ;)

Reactions: Hoookem722
My all time favorite cowboy Bob Lilly who played against him numerous times said one time Brown broke his facemask. A metal facemask think about that. Lilly said it didn't hurt but he was surprised that somebody could do that.
And Lilly was one of the meanest in the league.

When ESPN did their 50 greatest athletes of the 20th century I thought Jim Brown had to be the in the top and he was 4th.

No matter the sport he always excelled. He was a genius when it came to playing sports the only other athlete who could match him was Jim Thorpe the great native American athlete.

I remember when Chris Rock had Brown's atty on his show and was interviewing him. Chris asked about the girl that brown threw out of a second story(could have been 4th)window and the Atty quickly interjected...alledgedly to which Chris ( just as quickly) retorted....ok, thats right!...Because some people think they can fly...

I remember when Chris Rock had Brown's atty on his show and was interviewing him. Chris asked about the girl that brown threw out of a second story(could have been 4th)window and the Atty quickly interjected...alledgedly to which Chris ( just as quickly) retorted....ok, thats right!...Because some people think they can fly...
Some years later they had a Jim Brown documentary and although she said she fell and days years later that he did. Maybe she was scared of him a lot of people were.

When ESPN did their 50 greatest athletes of the 20th century I thought Jim Brown had to be the in the top and he was 4th.

No matter the sport he always excelled. He was a genius when it came to playing sports the only other athlete who could match him was Jim Thorpe the great native American athlete.
I'd put Bo Jackson in the mix with those 2 guys.

Reactions: freeper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT