ADVERTISEMENT

Remembering TX/OK 1994

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
What I remember going into this game is that in our season opener we played Pitt and a guy named Curtis Martin ran wild. It was the most yards TX had given up to a rb in one game. But 3 weeks later a named Rashan Salaam broke CM's record. The kid went on to win the Heisman. So going into the game I was wondering if our defense could get the job done.

But John Mackovic decided to bench Shea Morenz and go with James Brown. It was a good move and he played great for a freshman. But both teams were average and with 2 minutes to go it was 17/10 TX. OK had the ball and on 4th down they ran a reverse. And here was where Stony Clark became a Longhorn immortal. He stopped the rb cold and TX ran out the clock. You know this game was nothing special and I defer to Clob94 for what this game was really like since he played in it. But that Stony Clark play was unforgettable. Imo it was the greatest defensive play in RRS history.

Final score
TX 17
OK 10

All Stony Clarke did was block the view of who really made that stop. That man was Tony Brackens.

ADVERTISEMENT