ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Tatum - 4 star DE - set to announce Wednesday

Bwilk55

Jan 24, 2016

OU is the clear leader for the 4 star DE but Texas is certainly in the mix. I wouldn't bet on it to happen but if Texas gets his pledge, OU fans will lose their minds with how things have been going for them lately in recruiting. We aren't in on many highly ranked DE prospects so getting Tatum at this juncture would be huge.

Sorry but that tweet and pic both wreak of punk-mess. No thanks.

Hm.. a bit of a snap judgment there based on one tweet. Looking at the rest of his twitter, nothing there to worry about. I don't claim to know anything about his character, but I can say that his twitter account has no red flags.

Reactions: HornDrummer
There has actually been a lot of movement for Texas as of late. I don't think anyone has a clear picture but apparently folks on the oklahoma side are as confident as they once had been. That said, no one on the Texas side seems confident that he is ours either. It may be a lot of late drama for him to pick OU as expected but it will be interesting to see how things go tomorrow.

FWIW: There's a lot of smoke behind the scenes, with coaches, reporters, player and recruits that makes me think Tatum to UT isn't such a stretch now.

The belief amongst many OU fans right now is he's going to Texas. That's the scuttlebutt.

Micro....is something going on up there ? I don't get the defections.

My dad would have kicked my a$$ up between my shoulder blades if I'd have tweeted out something like that....if there were twitter back then...... and cell phones........ and the interwebs.......

My dad would have kicked my a$$ up between my shoulder blades if I'd have tweeted out something like that....if there were twitter back then...... and cell phones........ and the interwebs.......
Am I missing something in this tweet other than the kid announcing his commitment date/time/place?

Am I missing something in this tweet other than the kid announcing his commitment date/time/place?
I was thinking the same thing. I have seen a lot of tweets by players that were a lot more braggadocios than this one. Heck, what about the kids who have the commitment videos made?

As far as I'm concerned it's all garbage, and unnecessary. You'd think these kids would've learned by now that only have maybe a 50% shot at breaking the 2-deep once they do get on campus. A bunch of premature celebration and hype looks pretty bad in hindsight if things don't work out.

How about just call the athletic offices, say "Thank you for the opportunity Coach", and focus on getting better as a senior.

The times they are a changing.... better get used to it. We live in a new age of social media and the need for self gratification, you either change with it and accept it or ignore it. No use in fighting it. It will never go back to the way it used to be. Thanks a lot technology!

Reactions: HornDrummer

giphy.gif

I've read your post and you've done plenty worse as an adult.

:) The irony of grown men using social media to patronize (look at me) kids for using social media.

Times change but people are the same.

Keeping him in the fold till NSD becomes the task now. I know the staff, fellow recruits and current players will do their part. All about the on field product IMO. A good year with good DE production and I think Tatum sticks. If OU outperforms us on the field like last year, I wouldn't be surprised if he flips.

We win at least 8 and we're going to kick ass down the stretch. We win 10 and we'll see a landslide. Guys want to jump on an up and comer if they think they can make a name for themselves. Look what winning did for Vince.

This ball is rolling.. 2018 class is going great and this may be the biggest get so far, kid is a monster

Because I don't follow high school recruits very much at all, what would UT be getting when/if he signs his NLI?

sometimes these tweet announcements are done by immature high school coaches wanting to show how great they are for promoting kids. i wouldn't have believed it until i worked for a complete dumb a$$ this year

ADVERTISEMENT