ADVERTISEMENT

Sam was the only one to stay for the eyes.

I am so fvcking ashamed. Fire Tom today. Kick the other kids off scholly. These kids have shown exactly who they are as human beings. They are selfish individuals that have been spoiled and catered to and are undeserving of our ot anyone's support in their lifetimes. They can not play, lose or win with dignity. For a coach to allow a team to abandon it's captain to being the lone player to stay and show respect for this school is tantamount to a mutiny. Behead the captain and force the shipmates to all walk the plank.

Tom Herman and the entire team should apologize to Sam Ehlinger for abandoning him and not singing The Eyes on the field with him. Just flat out wrong and sad!

Just win games. All this other bullshit is irrelevant.
It’s called being part of a team. The team, the team, the team. I’m guessing you’re fine with grade school students opting out of participating in the pledge of allegiance first thing in the morning? On second thought, please don’t respond.

Reactions: Drtxhorn
If Urban comes here I’d love for Texas to bring in Tony Elliot the OC for Clemson as the heir apparent. He’s gonna be a good one for someone.

I understand what you are saying I just don’t buy it. This team acts exactly like their head coach. Has for awhile now. Well before this year.

have you ever seen Nick Saban, or Mack Brown taunt the opposing QB? Yeah me either.Maybe the fact that Tom Herman acts that way is the reason Chris Brown thinks it’s ok to “flex“ every time he makes a tackle even if it’s after a 30 yard gain. These undisciplined stupid errors have been going on for the last 10 years, so forgive me if I can’t by that I don’t buy that caring about social justice or whatever is why they are struggling now

I completely agree with the nonsense that TH is remembered for. Are you under the impression I'm a fan of that crap? Because I'm not. Stuff like that matters. Same as all the other nonsense. Demand letters. Quitting, then coming back, then quitting again. Threatening to quit if you don't get your way.

Caring about and putting all of your focus in something are completely different.

Being in support of social equality is a noble thing, albeit naive. But when you allow it to consume the majority of your psyche, it becomes a problem.

It is evident that TH never set boundaries for all of this stuff and has just let the kids run amuck. They have good intentions I feel, but have not been lead properly.

It matters. Everything matters. Details matter. Focus matters. Pride matters. Principles matter. And it doesn't seem as though Texas have these things...

It’s called being part of a team. The team, the team, the team. I’m guessing you’re fine with grade school students opting out of participating in the pledge of allegiance first thing in the morning? On second thought, please don’t respond.
College sports isn’t about the “team”. Not anymore. Most of these guys show up to college with a goal of getting to the NFL as soon as possible. Even the ones that don’t have a chance think they are going. If a freshman gets beat out in camp he’s transferring, if a player doesn’t get his way he’s transferring. Unless your a coach at a hand full of programs you have your eye on the next job. The coaches that win understand how to combine individual interest with the goals the team has. That’s what you have to do these days.

And for the recored no I don’t care if first graders do the pledge. I have much more important things to worry about day to day and I sure as hell hope you do too

Tom Herman and the entire team should apologize to Sam Ehlinger for abandoning him and not singing The Eyes on the field with him. Just flat out wrong and sad!

I thought I saw Herman there. If he is not, we should hold his paycheck. I'm pretty sure he has to sing it.

CDC has 2 hires under his belt. I know it’s women sports but they were not homerun hires they were grand slam hires, so keep that in mind!

CDC has 2 hires under his belt. I know it’s women sports but they were not homerun hires they were grand slam hires, so keep that in mind!
Yep absolutely. And he moves fast too. He figures out who he wants and he goes and gets them.

keep in mind his men’s basketball hire at TCU right before leaving for Texas was Jamie Dixon. Granted he was an alum so it was a little easier luring him away, but dudes track record on hiring is pretty damn solid

College sports isn’t about the “team”. Not anymore. Most of these guys show up to college with a goal of getting to the NFL as soon as possible. Even the ones that don’t have a chance think they are going. If a freshman gets beat out in camp he’s transferring, if a player doesn’t get his way he’s transferring. Unless your a coach at a hand full of programs you have your eye on the next job. The coaches that win understand how to combine individual interest with the goals the team has. That’s what you have to do these days.

And for the recored no I don’t care if first graders do the pledge. I have much more important things to worry about day to day and I sure as hell hope you do too

Please don't take this wrong, but you're an idiot.

**** all these pussy ass sjw pieces of shit. We need to burn this whole program to the ground. **** them. Burn it down. Fire CDC and Tommy BOy

se.jpg

Let the HATE flow. Hopefully, she was saluting all the pussies as they ran off the field.

fu.jpg

Until the Caden Sterns class is gone, I'm done. All that talent and no heart.

Please don't take this wrong, but you're an idiot.
Where. am I wrong? There are players who opted out of the season simply to prepare for the NFL draft, guys skip bowl games now if they aren’t in the playoffs, freshman and sophomores enter the portal after one season if they aren’t starting now. Sometimes even mid season. Coaches(especially at small schools) recruit players promising to guide them through there careers knowing full well they will probably be on to a bigger job a year or two later. I’m not knocking that at all everyone has to do what’s best for them, but let’s not kid ourselves individual interest is above the team in college sports these days. Too much money on the like individually for it not to be.

I think in the very near future you are going to see players who are rated first or 2nd round draft picks leave the team as soon as they are out of playoff consideration.

remember when we had the major Applewhite/Chris Simms QB controversy? That wouldn’t happen today. One of them would of transfered. College football players are basically hired guns these days. The great coaches in college football and basketball are just able to mesh the individual goals with the overall objective.

Last edited:

Is that you Ryan_Sublett?

Reactions: diadevic and westx
More mindless dribble from you.

Since you want to attack me though. I’ll just point out that the reason I got labeled a Charlie Strong lover by you and others was because I was one of the few(maybe the only) who said I’d rather keep Charlie if Herman was the best option. The reason was because I wasn’t convinced that hiring someone with basically the same resume as Charlie Strong was the answer. Some of you decided to turn that in to “you just love Charlie. 4 years later looks like I was correct we’re basically in the same spot. Actually we’re worse. The conference isn’t near as good as it was several years ago, and our talent is probably better especially at QB. So no “I didn’t love Charlie” just didn’t see hiring a Charlie clone as the answer. It was obvious and clear Herman was going to be the guy.
*drivel

was thinking this this summer when all of that was going down-- texas and oklahoma state were noisy; oklahoma was silent. it's about culture. we'll see how it plays out for the ok schools

Heard about one kid at OkSt. And the tshirt. And I guess Gundy had an “apology?”

But I missed where Gundy backed down, or allowed this to become a distraction.

"And for the recored no I don’t care if first graders do the pledge. I have much more important things to worry about day to day and I sure as hell hope you do too"

I am more than a little worried about that if it is so.

I think the old boys that have been saying we are "just one generation away from losing this country" may know what they are talking about. The sorry lefties have taken over our Education Systems.

I have talked to several new History Teachers at a local High School I have been familiar with. As each new History Teacher showed up, I walked into their Classroom before their first class and said this: " Tell them who WE WERE so they will know WHO THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. The commies know who THEY are...and they know people who KNOW WHO THEY ARE are harder to control."

I am just a 79 year old High School educated man who knew "a few good men" who damn sure knew who they were - who have gone silent in our graveyards...and no one is stepping up to relieve them. I am usually the only one I hear touting WHO THEY WERE.

I think we all need to be worried about little 1st Graders not being taught WHO THEY ARE - a lot.
With a tip of my old decades old Longhorns cap to Sam Ehlinger, I'm hanging up UT.

Have a nice rest of it.

"And for the recored no I don’t care if first graders do the pledge. I have much more important things to worry about day to day and I sure as hell hope you do too"

I am more than a little worried about that if it is so.

I think the old boys that have been saying we are "just one generation away from losing this country" may know what they are talking about. The sorry lefties have taken over our Education Systems.

I have talked to several new History Teachers at a local High School I have been familiar with. As each new History Teacher showed up, I walked into their Classroom before their first class and said this: " Tell them who WE WERE so they will know WHO THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE. The commies know who THEY are...and they know people who KNOW WHO THEY ARE are harder to control."

I am just a 79 year old High School educated man who knew "a few good men" who damn sure knew who they were - who have gone silent in our graveyards...and no one is stepping up to relieve them. I am usually the only one I hear touting WHO THEY WERE.

I think we all need to be worried about little 1st Graders not being taught WHO THEY ARE - a lot.
With a tip of my old decades old Longhorns cap to Sam Ehlinger, I'm hanging up UT.

Have a nice rest of it.

Thats not like you Fred! You old Marine, Marines never quit, I am about the same age as you and I feel like you sometimes but, to give up and be defeated by a buncha politicians and I will not be defeated by anything short of death, hang in there with us Marine , the chemistry is bound to get better and yes they are destroying what we built for them.......

Hook'em

ADVERTISEMENT