ADVERTISEMENT

Small World Moment.

ryan_sublett

Mar 7, 2007
So I am a loan officer and an internet mortgage company here in Kansas City. I’m licensed in Texas and out west. We had a moment the other day I figured my fellow UT fans would appreciate.

So the coworker who sits in the desk right next to me who is also licensed in TX got a lead and he’s talking to the guy. I wasn’t on the phone so I’m kind of half listening. The guys last name was Swoops, and my coworker happens to say “hey are you related to Cheryl Swoops”. The guy proceeds to tell him he has a son who played ball at UT and is now with the Seahawks. It was Tyrone Swoops dad. So my coworker knowing I was a big horns fan called me over and we both chatted with him about how things were going for him in Seattle and such. Cool guy. Funny how life intersects like that some times.

i like swoopes. not a good qb, but it mattered to him and he did the best he could and never complained. i liked bluitt and fozzy for those same reasons. fozzy was obviously talented but he had a "not on my watch" mentality. wish those guys could have played on some of the better teams we've had

Reactions: Metcalf #2
i like swoopes. not a good qb, but it mattered to him and he did the best he could and never complained. i liked bluitt and fozzy for those same reasons. fozzy was obviously talented but he had a "not on my watch" mentality. wish those guys could have played on some of the better teams we've had

Roll On 18 Wheelers!

Hook'em

Yeah the maturity, unselfishness, and self awareness of Swoopes was out of this world. Kid just did everything right. If you could get a whole team of kids just like him, you'd be unstoppable. That guy will be a success in life no matter what.

Reactions: ASURAM2010
I really felt sorry for him during his time at Texas. Everyone expected him to come in and take over for Colt and be another version of lightning in a bottle when it comes to small school high school QB's. The dude was a complete team player, you never heard a peep of him in the media, and won some games with mediocre at best coaching. Great kid and like @Metcalf #2 said, if you had a team full of him you wouldn't lose a game

Reactions: Metcalf #2
I shagged a flight stewardess once while in my mid thirties and later found out that I had shagged her older sister in college.........

She figured it out after she told her sister.....

Small world.

ADVERTISEMENT