ADVERTISEMENT

So, who is UT hiring for B-Ball Coach?

Supposedly with Patterson as AD Texas is a very attractive position for a head B-Ball coach. I don't know who is considered on the market...I'm guessing any number of coaches at so called "mid majors"...Wichita St, for instance. I don't know if this is a situation like football where major programs throw bags of money at proven winners at other major programs.

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
Scott Drew? Really? He's Barnes 2.0. Great recruiter....... horrible in-game coach.
I'm a Baylor Bear. Please take him.

My top candidates would be.

1) Archie Miller
2) Brad Stevens (would be 1 but not sure of his availability).
3) Gregg Marshall
4) Michael White

Those would be my top choices unless we can money whip a big name like Donovan from Florida.

Bob McKillop------ he does MORE with LESS than anyone in the country

Shaka Smart is the best option, the guy would flat out kill it in recruiting. Oh and he can coach by the way.

I'll take Gregg Marshall for $2,000,000, Alex

This post was edited on 2/25 12:21 PM by CAHorn47

Shaka Smart is an East Coast guy, and is waiting for a big fish over there. That's why he turned down the Illinois job and the UCLA job.

Tony Bennett isn't leaving the ACC

Mike White at La Tech is a serious answer here. A former classmate, and former WVU PG Darris Nichols is his assistant.

Gregg Marshall could probably be lured away by the almighty dollar

but here's who I'd aim for if I was UT's AD - Jay Wright. Currently making 2.3 million.

If not him, then Lorenzo Romar, from Washington.

"If not him, then Lorenzo Romar, from Washington."

laugh.r191677.gif
Are you serious? I hope you aren't.

Regardless, it's impossible to determine who is a realistic candidate and who isn't. There's no way to know the motives of certain coaches. I think Texas will try to go big and money whip someone like Donovan though.

This post was edited on 2/25 3:00 PM by utisdabomb12

Originally posted by KeatonsCorner:
Shaka Smart is an East Coast guy, and is waiting for a big fish over there. That's why he turned down the Illinois job and the UCLA job.

Tony Bennett isn't leaving the ACC

Mike White at La Tech is a serious answer here. A former classmate, and former WVU PG Darris Nichols is his assistant.

Gregg Marshall could probably be lured away by the almighty dollar

but here's who I'd aim for if I was UT's AD - Jay Wright. Currently making 2.3 million.

If not him, then Lorenzo Romar, from Washington.
Jay Wright would be a home run. Would he have any interest?

You have to make the call to Brad Stevens. Its a huge long shot but I think he is the best guy out there for our situation. Chances are his agent declines any interview request but the call still needs to be made.

Originally posted by elcapitan009:
I don't recall Jay Wright making much noise come tourney time? Seems the opposite.
1 Final 4, 1 Elite 8, 2 other Sweet 16's. Plus his teams get after it.

whoever it is it HAS to be somebody. If we are this bad after getting one of the best recruits in a while, how bad are we gonna be when we cant recruit anyone?....

ok for those of us who don't follow CBBall as closely

Jay Wright- Villanova career .664
Shaka Smart- VCU career .751
Archie Miller -Dayton career .658
Brad Stephens - Boston Celtics formerly Butler head Coach reached final four. Seems unlikely to remain in NBA
Gregg Marshall- Witchita St. career .715
Mike White-- La Tech .718

Some other options?
Brian Dutcher -HCIW @ San Diego St. They are always impressive
Eric Musselman- assistant LSU --pro experience
Kurtis Townsend - KU top recruiter- helps us, hurts Kansas.

This post was edited on 2/25 9:57 PM by Tired Horn

Smart and Stevens above all else. Might be long shots, but you simply must make them say no before considering anybody else. We're Texas, can't be afraid to go after the best.

Just a suggestion.... rather than just listing a name, include where he currently coaches. This is for people who don't follow mid-major basketball all that closely because we are tied up with more important stuff like following what football players might come to Texas in 2017....

Originally posted by 83Dee:
Just a suggestion.... rather than just listing a name, include where he currently coaches. This is for people who don't follow mid-major basketball all that closely because we are tied up with more important stuff like following what football players might come to Texas in 2017....
Mark Few: Gonzaga - (431-101 / .801)
Bo Ryan: Wisconsin - (729 - 227 / .763) @ Wisconsin he is 346-124 / .736
Ben Jacobson: Northern Iowa - (192 - 103 / .652)
Tony Bennett: Virginia - (201 - 94 / .681) @ Virginia he is 132-61 / .684

Brad Stevens will be back in Indiana.......... as a Hoosier, once they run Crean out of town (especially after losing to NW)

Any thoughts on Larry Brown? He has turned smu into a tourney team 2 years in a row and he has recruited well. Smu use to be a joke in basketball. He has an NBA championship and an ncaa championship and is a hall of fame coach.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Larry Brown will never be hired at Texas. He gets in trouble with the NCAA wherever he coaches.

ADVERTISEMENT