ADVERTISEMENT

So, who is UT hiring for B-Ball Coach?

Originally posted by utisdabomb12:
Larry Brown will never be hired at Texas. He gets in trouble with the NCAA wherever he coaches.

True and he is being investigated again at smu. How about Sean Miller? I don't think we could sway him away from Arizona. Say Coach K or Roy retire in a few years miller would probably be the favorite for those jobs.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by mikej042002:
Horns won't fire Barnes until they are sure they are going to hire Krzyzewski or Calipari.
clown.r191677.gif

Brown has a shelf-life of about 3-4 years anywhere he goes. He comes, he fixes, he leaves.

There are a lot of good, young, hungry coaches out there. Barnes has proven you can get top level talent to ut.

I'm taking Brad Stevens and shka smart out of play. I just don't think they are options. Not saying I wouldn't want them. My top guys would be.

Gregg Marshall
Archie miller
Brad underwood.

If you are interested in guys with some more expierence

Tom creen(good coach just not working at iu
Frank martin. Bit of a firey guy but players love him. Been successful in big 12

Steve lavin. Always liked him fairly successful at UCLA. Doing a nice job at st Johns

Like the jay wright pick to.

Archie Miller's Flyers just went into Richmond and beat Shaka Smart's Rams. Miller's looking more and more attractive to me.

Originally posted by HornsUp128:
Brown has a shelf-life of about 3-4 years anywhere he goes. He comes, he fixes, he leaves town just before the NCAA sanctions arrive.
FIFY

I've been a fan of archie millers for a long time. He's gonna win big somewhere.

Looks like he's probably done now. The only thing that saved Barnes last year was he made the tournament and they just hired the AD who just had to conduct a football coach search immediately after taking the job. Neither of those things appear to be a factor this year. Missing the tournament with Taylor and Turner? Really?

Short of making it to at least the Sweet 16 (which obviously requires making the tourney in the first place), he's toast. Praise be to Vishnu, Jesus, Allah, et al.

I don't know if Marshall would leave the schokers. Yeah Texas could offer more money but they have the koch brothers money behind them. So maybe money isn't a factor there.

Marshall would be a great hire, but after watching Dayton take down VCU yesterday, I really like Archieball. Miller could be just what the program needs.

ADVERTISEMENT