ADVERTISEMENT

Somebody on here needs to start talking about fb

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
I do believe there will be a fb season college and pro. There will be limited crowds but that's ok. When the season starts there will be no baseball, no US Open fb will have tv sports to themselves. College fb and the NFL will have record ratings this year. America is starving for sports and fb is the perfect remedy.

One thing I'm almost certain will happen this year is that there will not be a status quo this year. It's a consensus that either AL, Clemson, or tOSU will win the nc. But I predict that at least one of them will miss the playoffs altogether and I'm thinking AL. In the college game teams start getting ready for the upcoming season in January but the apple cart has been upset and I think some teams will sneak in to an NY6 bowl maybe even the playoffs I'm thinking OR on that one. I also think better teams will slip because of the unusual off season. In regards to an NY6 bowl game I'm going to one team per conference teams that have never been to one before.

ACC NC Mack Brown has already surprised me. If they beat Auburn and UCF they can win at least 10 games and the best thing about their schedule is that Clemson isn't on it. MB has a good class coming in and a top 10 class coming in next season.

Big X MN Listen PJ Fleck is the real deal. They have a non con schedule straight out of the Art Briles strategy of non con games. They have a 3 game stretch in October which includes IA, and WI, their best competition. They win at least 2 of those games and they should be in the Big X title game and a birth in an NY6 bowl game.

Pac XII SC I know they're SC but who's picking them to go to an NY6 bowl game nobody I know of. And this off season is tailor made for an us against the world spirit. The talent is there especially with Kedon Slovis at qb. And watch for WA especially if they beat MI in their season opener.

SEC the team I'm looking at is the cow college that's right I said it. The non con schedule is soft, they're not playing FL or GA from the SEC east. They close the season with AL and LSU and they could be 9/1 going into that point. Jimbo has had 2 highly ranked classes it's time to start getting results that he was paid 7.5 to get.

Big XII a lot of people are picking TX to get to the Big XII title game but how many of them are picking us to get to an NY6 bowl game? No the real surprise team for me is OSU. They have a lot of talent on both sides of the ball as much as any team in the Big XII and they have a soft non con schedule. But there is no telling how this MG embarrassment is going to impact them they could go 5/7 or worse, or they could got 11/1 like Baylor did last year. I think he's already agreed to step down at the end of the season and hope that the worst is behind them. We'll see.

Lastly this is a critical season for the Big XII and especially the Pac XII. The closer we get to the tv renegotiating contracts in 2023 the more uncertain their future is. Right now the Pac XII is a little bit ahead of the Big XII in fb of course that can change at the end of the year. But as a whole their conference does better in recruiting than the Big XII. They usually have 4 teams in the top 25 whereas no one in the Big XII does save for TX and OK of course. And OR is getting some serious results in recruiting. They will have four 5* players on their d and one of them Kayvon Thibodeaux is a certain superstar. Mario Christobal is the real deal. Well know how improved the Pac XII is early on. Opening weekend will have SC/AL and WA/MI and then the next weekend OR plays tOSU. Right now I would say from top to bottom they have better coaches than the Big XII. And lets be honest which Big XII coaches are capable of taking their teams to the next level? Don't get me wrong there's some fine coaches in our conference but right now Dave Arranda is the only one of the new coaches who can do it. As I said recruiting rankings matter and the Big XII is not getting it done.

Lets start talking fb I know I'm going to try.

Last edited:
There will be more blowback about college football than you think. There's some upset people out there, and kids that make demands that seem not unreasonable, but uneducated on many levels, are going to have to do a really good job of convincing folks to come back.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't turned off towards the players and their ridiculous demands. Since the virus hit, and with the lack of sports, we've learned to find other things to do to occupy our time. Even if stadiums are allowed to have full capacity, I think that there will be lots of empty seats this year. People are fed up with the disrespect and arrogance of the players.

Even if there is a season you might as well put an asterisk by it because there is no way a team will make it through their entire schedule without having to sit players or forfeit a game with the way COVID is being treated. Here's a scenario, Texas plays South Florida and after the game a player is tested positive for COVID. Both teams have to have numerous players quarantined and miss the LSU game. It's going to suck when the entire offensive line, RB, and QB gets quarantined because a DT tackle on the other team tests positive.

A concern I've not seen addressed thus far is how coaches plan on maintaining discipline on teams now. Used to be (a long, long time ago when I was in HS) if you were out of line and made unreasonable demands, you sat the bench until your attitude improved.

"Football doesn't build character it reveals character." -- DKR among others

A concern I've not seen addressed thus far is how coaches plan on maintaining discipline on teams now. Used to be (a long, long time ago when I was in HS) if you were out of line and made unreasonable demands, you sat the bench until your attitude improved.

"Football doesn't build character it reveals character." -- DKR among others
Great Quote!!!

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Normally, I'd be on the side of the players on this one. I don't think what they receive in a scholarship is that much, compared to what the big money-makers are getting. They still live in a society that uses them and spits them out, that tries its best to disenfranchise them, to imprison them. They live--for now--in a place where police and their authority has rarely been questioned, and the police always get the benefit of the doubt. PoC and especially blacks have plenty of legitimate gripes.

But getting rid of the Eyes of Texas is too much. You can take the lyrics in a creepy way, but that's not how they're meant. The idea is to do your best. It applies to graduates and students of all colors. The state is watching you. Don't disappoint.

As for not playing another snap... Well, that's each student-athlete's right to do with his life. Football is a dangerous sport, and can have lifelong consequences. My playing football and pole vaulting (into a strong, sudden headwind) affected my health, safety and ability to provide for my family. I had to quit both (and had a seizure just this week, while at work).

But quitters shouldn't expect to be on scholarship, just as I never got a letter jacket.

To fans, they have that right. You might have wanted to see them catching passes or defending them. But maybe you won't. And it might prevent the Horns from playing in a NY6 bowl game. And surely they'll never get to the NFL. So be it.

Normally, I'd be on the side of the players on this one. I don't think what they receive in a scholarship is that much, compared to what the big money-makers are getting. They still live in a society that uses them and spits them out, that tries its best to disenfranchise them, to imprison them. They live--for now--in a place where police and their authority has rarely been questioned, and the police always get the benefit of the doubt. PoC and especially blacks have plenty of legitimate gripes.

But getting rid of the Eyes of Texas is too much. You can take the lyrics in a creepy way, but that's not how they're meant. The idea is to do your best. It applies to graduates and students of all colors. The state is watching you. Don't disappoint.

As for not playing another snap... Well, that's each student-athlete's right to do with his life. Football is a dangerous sport, and can have lifelong consequences. My playing football and pole vaulting (into a strong, sudden headwind) affected my health, safety and ability to provide for my family. I had to quit both (and had a seizure just this week, while at work).

But quitters shouldn't expect to be on scholarship, just as I never got a letter jacket.

To fans, they have that right. You might have wanted to see them catching passes or defending them. But maybe you won't. And it might prevent the Horns from playing in a NY6 bowl game. And surely they'll never get to the NFL. So be it.

This x 10

And myself I had an acoustic neuroma in 2003. I had surgery for 14 hours and even now I still get seizures. I'll go for a few months and then all of a sudden I get a seizure. The Dr couldn't save the acoustic nerve in my right ear and as a result I lost all hearing in my right ear and since I lost the nerve a hearing aid can't help me. And the older I get the harder I have I understanding especially if they're on my right side. But hey I'm alive.

And to add what you said that while things that have happened recently that I think need to be changed especially on racial issues doesn't mean I hate my country far from it. I took the the step in 1978 and served for 4 years. You're right about the eyes of Texas. But other things on their list are legit. They should build a statue of Julius Whittier when you were a black first especially during his time it was very hard. Others on this list are also reasonable. And if athletes like Juwan Mitchell are willing to give up an athletic career for something they think is bigger I'll respect their right and wish them the best. But as a team we'll move along just as life goes on.

Last edited:
I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't turned off towards the players and their ridiculous demands. Since the virus hit, and with the lack of sports, we've learned to find other things to do to occupy our time. Even if stadiums are allowed to have full capacity, I think that there will be lots of empty seats this year. People are fed up with the disrespect and arrogance of the players.
If the players had gone to Herman and the AD with their “requests” they probably could have had some of them granted. By posting “demands” on social media to all of longhorn nation they screwed up everything. Nobody wins in this situation.

This x 10

And myself I had an acoustic neuroma in 2003. I had surgery for 14 hours and even now I still get seizures. I'll go for a few months and then all of a sudden I get a seizure. The Dr couldn't save the acoustic nerve in my right ear and as a result I lost all hearing in my right ear and since I lost the nerve a hearing aid can't help me. And the older I get the harder I have I understanding especially if they're on my right side. But hey I'm alive.

And to add what you said that while things that have happened recently that I think need to be changed especially on racial issues doesn't mean I hate my country far from it. I took the the step in 1978 and served for 4 years. You're right about the eyes of Texas. But other things on their list are legit. They should build a statue of Julius Whittier when you were a black first especially during his time it was very hard. Others on this list are also reasonable. And if athletes like Juwan Mitchell are willing to give up an athletic career for something they think is bigger I'll respect their right and wish them the best. But as a team we'll move along just as life goes on.
Sorry to learn about your seizures and hearing loss. That's no fun, I'm sure.

Agreed on the rest.

If the players had gone to Herman and the AD with their “requests” they probably could have had some of them granted. By posting “demands” on social media to all of longhorn nation they screwed up everything. Nobody wins in this situation.
True. We don't know, though. Maybe they already tried that?

True. We don't know, though. Maybe they already tried that?
Oh, I am so sure they tried that first. What? Do you think our players are that smart? They cannot tell if the next 3rd and 15 is a run or pass play coming at them. So the answer is no, they did not do that. Now more importantly, will we beat OU by being team protestors? I think we are in for a 77-0 debacle at this point.

Oh, I am so sure they tried that first. What? Do you think our players are that smart? They cannot tell if the next 3rd and 15 is a run or pass play coming at them. So the answer is no, they did not do that. Now more importantly, will we beat OU by being team protestors? I think we are in for a 77-0 debacle at this point.

If there's one thing that coach Herman does that it is certain is keeping things behind closed doors he's very good at it. No one knows what's really going on and that includes you. And we don't have a bunch of dumb players like you insinuate. I think we could emerge as a stronger, closer team than last year.

If there's one thing that coach Herman does that it is certain is keeping things behind closed doors he's very good at it. No one knows what's really going on and that includes you. And we don't have a bunch of dumb players like you insinuate. I think we could emerge as a stronger, closer team than last year.
Behind close doors? Then why do we all know about the Demand Letter and the other players who have issued their demands? Because it was not done behind close doors. It was not our imagination we used to find out about the anarchists on the team. This is not a "closer" team when you have numerous players demanding this or that or "I am not going to play". I noticed how Kansas State shut down their players demands rather quickly. These are not kids, they are grown men and they should not be coddled and patted on the back. They need to be told the full picture of what their actions mean and then get on board or get off.

Behind close doors? Then why do we all know about the Demand Letter and the other players who have issued their demands? Because it was not done behind close doors. It was not our imagination we used to find out about the anarchists on the team. This is not a "closer" team when you have numerous players demanding this or that or "I am not going to play". I noticed how Kansas State shut down their players demands rather quickly. These are not kids, they are grown men and they should not be coddled and patted on the back. They need to be told the full picture of what their actions mean and then get on board or get off.

Anarchists? Give me a break. There isn't no revolution going on in America. Do you know what anarchy means? There are black people in America who are tired of police harassment, racial profiling, and police brutality. And you need to look around cause white people are starting to speak out as well. And just because I agree with this doesn't mean I hate my county because I don't. I do believe that most cops are good cops they provide an indispensable service to our country. Sadly police work always seems to attract some sociopaths who have no business being policemen.

I said it above and I'll say it again if players like Juwan Mitchell feel that there is something bigger out there then we should respect their decision and wish them the best. And then our team should move on. I trust our coaches will address the players greivances and I think when all is said and done everything will work out with the eyes of Texas. These players are angry but they are the farthest thing from anarchists. And I don't think they hate their county they just want things to be better.

Last edited:
Anarchists? Give me a break. There isn't no revolution going on in America. Do you know what anarchy means? There are black people in America who are tired of police harassment, racial profiling, and police brutality. And you need to look around cause white people are starting to speak out as well. And just because I agree with this doesn't mean I hate my county because I don't. I do believe that most cops are good cops they provide an indispensable service to our country. Sadly police work always seems to attract some sociopaths who have no business being policemen.

I said it above and I'll say it again if players like Juwan Mitchell feel that there is something bigger out there then we should respect their decision and wish them the best. And then our team should move on. I trust our coaches will address the players greivances and I think when all is said and done everything will work out with the eyes of Texas. These players are angry but they are the farthest thing from anarchists. And I don't think they hate their county they just want things to be better.
Hey out there in cali, you may want to wake up and smell the coffee. Revolution is all the BLM Organization is talking about. The BLM Organization would tell you to your face they are anarchists. Believe what they tell you. Even Kraperneck stated our own 4th of July is a White Supremacy Celebration. Just today some BLM Organizers stomped on and burned the American Flag by the White House and more BLM anarchists tore down a Columbus statute in Baltimore and threw it into the river. If you really believe the police are the problem, then you have a problem. Soon you will understand that it is not the police that are the problem but the ones causing riots and looting and mayhem on our country. Enjoy your liberal life in Cali but do not come running toward us, asking us for help, when the rioters turn their hate toward you. I do think the BLM organizers and Antifa not only hate our country but want to upend it all together. I think they are using the George Floyd death as an excuse to cause damage to our country. The players that signed the demand letter should be told what anarchists are and what they are actually doing. If the players still agree with the anarchists, then tell them they are free to find another school and team that will take them.

Hey out there in cali, you may want to wake up and smell the coffee. Revolution is all the BLM Organization is talking about. The BLM Organization would tell you to your face they are anarchists. Believe what they tell you. Even Kraperneck stated our own 4th of July is a White Supremacy Celebration. Just today some BLM Organizers stomped on and burned the American Flag by the White House and more BLM anarchists tore down a Columbus statute in Baltimore and threw it into the river. If you really believe the police are the problem, then you have a problem. Soon you will understand that it is not the police that are the problem but the ones causing riots and looting and mayhem on our country. Enjoy your liberal life in Cali but do not come running toward us, asking us for help, when the rioters turn their hate toward you. I do think the BLM organizers and Antifa not only hate our country but want to upend it all together. I think they are using the George Floyd death as an excuse to cause damage to our country. The players that signed the demand letter should be told what anarchists are and what they are actually doing. If the players still agree with the anarchists, then tell them they are free to find another school and team that will take them.

Btw, Cali has been on here for a long time and has always been a guy you can disagree with and still have a civil conversation. Moving on, I honestly believe that the left, complicit with the media, are using these radical antifa criminals to hijack BLM into a cause nobody has clearly defined. I believe the left are taking full advantage if this young group of people that have no real future. I believe their goal is to provoke Trump or the government by way of police or the army into some kind of shootout that gets out of hand. They can then claim Trump caused a massacre against peaceful protestors. Check this link out below.

Of course a thread about getting back to talking about football goes south into politics.
Returning to the original post. I heard the other day that plans are being made to move the season to the spring. Certainly, has some appeal in my book. I see it as a better option. Of course it presents some logistical issues especially for teams from the Big X with weather.

Reactions: freeper
Am I the only one noticing that Riley seems to be stockpiling 5 star qb’s? Rattler better go ahead and get his because Caleb Williams will be a force imo.

And for all the bs about Tua Tugonmyboa’s brother being better than Tua, lulz, dude transferred out of Bama.

Of course a thread about getting back to talking about football goes south into politics.
Returning to the original post. I heard the other day that plans are being made to move the season to the spring. Certainly, has some appeal in my book. I see it as a better option. Of course it presents some logistical issues especially for teams from the Big X with weather.

Ok getting back to our season and playing in the spring. Our road games area in LA, 2 in KS, and OK. Those places should ok to play at in the spring. Otoh in the Big X and and about half of the ACC, the weather is going to suck boo hoo.

I saw this a few months ago and they said that if the college season is canceled but the NFL is not that ESPN will have Chris Fowler and Kirk Herbstreit doing play by play. NFL fans who don't follow college fb be worried, be very, very, worried.

Btw, Cali has been on here for a long time and has always been a guy you can disagree with and still have a civil conversation. Moving on, I honestly believe that the left, complicit with the media, are using these radical antifa criminals to hijack BLM into a cause nobody has clearly defined. I believe the left are taking full advantage if this young group of people that have no real future. I believe their goal is to provoke Trump or the government by way of police or the army into some kind of shootout that gets out of hand. They can then claim Trump caused a massacre against peaceful protestors. Check this link out below.

Seriously? Let's see NV, OR, WA, and especially ID.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT