ADVERTISEMENT

Something good that happened at last Fridays game

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
The University of Texas has followed through with one promise they made to black members in Longhorn nation. The statue of Julius Whittier was unveiled before the game and its right outside the entrance where the LHB marches into the stadium. I was very impressed and touched by what I saw and JW deserves the honor. You could tell he was deeply moved. Apparently he's in a wheelchair now hope he's fine. He graduated from UT law and was a judge in Dallas.

HookemHorns

Good man. From San Antonio. At times, some of his stances were a bit too politically driven in my opinion, but overall he had a pretty solid career as a judge.

That's right he went to Highlands high school was a lb I went to Lee and our high school played against his. He was a good player.

The University of Texas has followed through with one promise they made to black members in Longhorn nation. The statue of Julius Whittier was unveiled before the game and its right outside the entrance where the LHB marches into the stadium. I was very impressed and touched by what I saw and JW deserves the honor. You could tell he was deeply moved. Apparently he's in a wheelchair now hope he's fine. He graduated from UT law and was a judge in Dallas.

HookemHorns
Did the band march in?

HookemHorns

First, we have no band to march into the stadium anymore.

Second, Maybe I am misreading your post, but who was "deeply moved" and in a "wheelchair" at the statue unveiling? Julius Whittier is dead and his family is suing the NCAA claiming football related Alzheimer. He graduated from UT law and was a senior prosecutor in Dallas before he had to take early retirement because of the disease.

I wonder if Julius would have decided to played football knowing what it would cost him.
Despite the honor of the statue I bet his family wishes he hadn't played.

Second, Maybe I am misreading your post, but who was "deeply moved" and in a "wheelchair" at the statue unveiling? Julius Whittier is dead and his family is suing the NCAA claiming football related Alzheimer. He graduated from UT law and was a senior prosecutor in Dallas before he had to take early retirement because of the disease.

I wonder if Julius would have decided to played football knowing what it would cost him.

Well I assumed that was Julius and to be honest I was not aware that he passed away. But nothing can take away the fact that this was a much deserved honor.

Yes the LHB will be marching into the stadium agai

Reactions: vandyhank
Well I assumed that was Julius and to be honest I was not aware that he passed away. But nothing can take away the fact that this was a much deserved honor.

You don't know the guy in the wheelchair?

Really?

I'm serious. You really do not know who is in that wheelchair?

Reactions: StrangerHorn
You don't know the guy in the wheelchair?

Really?

I'm serious. You really do not know who is in that wheelchair?

No I assumed that it was JW but I was unaware that he passed. And the shot was quick. If it was mistaken identity fine.

Last edited:
En1kMQ6WEAEI-4x.jpg

Our you sure you are a Texas fan? But you don't know that is Earl Campbell in the wheel chair.

Dude please. It was a quick glance. I assumed since it was about Julius Whittier that it was JW in the wheelchair. Lastly I was wrapped up in the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT