Spare the remarks, I know you don't care, but...

Discussion in 'Orangebloods.com's Classics' started by hornsonfire, Dec 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hornsonfire

hornsonfire Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

...I thought some of you might. Slim and others, I've been here since the beginning, I was with Ketch before then, but this board has too few true fans like it used to and too few gentlemen like it used to. I've made my arguments here lately, trying to be nice, trying to cool people down, trying to get people to be level-headed and most will not do it and I'm sick of it. I can be a fan of Texas without the boorish soccer-fan style of behavior this place has turned in to.

Ketch, you don't do enough to police this place and you have your reasons and I'm sure they're business reasons and that's okay. I just cannot listen to this anymore every day. This was a great place to come to every evening to talk about and read about Longhorn sports. That is no longer the case and that is on you and no one else because it's your bar, your booze, and your till. I am not mad at your or even upset with you personally. I just think it's a bad business decision. I'll be back, of course, but not as a regular and not as a supporter like I've always been. This place was the best in the business. Now the business is the best but the place is not.

It's like standing next to the drunkest idiots in the stands who can barely walk or talk who are spilling beer all over everyone and are mad and glad all at once and think they are being great fans, when they are the poorest in the stands and just cannot understand why anyone would think otherwise. They want to pass of their behavior as a, let's get rid of so-and-so, reason to act that way. The reality is, if they really knew how to act there are really, really good ways to get their message across that doesn't incite everyone. But they don't either a) don't know how; or b) don't care; or c) know how and don't care and consider themselves above the Texas program and fans, which is what they are accusing Mack Brown of.

I have been one of the fans here who all along this year has said that Mack Brown has to go. But I have also said that it must be done so in a dignified way. Because I have said so, the so-called mack-haters think I am a troll or a mack-lover or apologist or whatever or term they have thought up. They have done that not because of the position I have stood for, which is the same as theirs, but because I want to do it in a dignified way, which is not what they want. This is where the boorish, lynch-mob, drunken soccer fan attitude comes in to play and it is what I am sick of.

They will say I am stupid, they will say what I have written was so long they didn't read it, they will say I said what I said because I want Mack back, they will say I am a troll, they will I'm lumping people together and that most of them don't belong with that small group of people acting that way. They will say a lot of things, but no one, including you, will step up and stop them. So while they try to separate themselves, no one will step up and stop this smal band of hooligans from ruining this board.

I am leaving my account open and I will be back every now and then, but I am through posting as frequently and reading as frequently, when I was a loyal everyday reader since the inception of orangebloods.com and I do not do this lightly. I have kept thinking back and forth about it. I have also thought about this post and I know what the soccer fans here are going to do about it and I thought, well, let them show just how bad they really are one more time. And it really is amazing to me because I am on their side (if their agenda is to have Mack retire). I've stated that. But because I dare to disagree with them in any fashion, then I am not on their side. So just how of an agenda do they have anyway?

Anyway, this site was once great. And for you, Ketch, and the others who have worked so hard to bring me all the Longhorn news, I thank you.

2. HornPitt

HornPitt Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

you will get blasted to be sure.........but I agree.

3. HornRunner

HornRunner Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I know it's hard to do, but there are times where I limit myself only to the pinned threads of the Mods. Would be cool if you could change settings only to see certain things you want.

4. jailbot12

jailbot12 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

First world problems.

5. Texas57

Texas57 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I'm with you OP. I used to recommend this site to friends and family....now I'm almost embarrassed to admit I'm on here. Hook 'Em
    Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

6. TEXPIMP

TEXPIMP Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This post was edited on 12/10 8:19 PM by TEXPIMP

7. Supesec

Supesec Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Keep in mind a lot of posters are trolls and are not Texas fans. I think a pretty significant percentage are aggies, or OU fans.
    Posted from Rivals Mobile

8. echeese

echeese IDMAS. . it don't make a shit
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

HB,

Well said and the soccer analogy is apt.

But may I suggest you attend the lunch they are having on Thursday to express such views.

I would make the drive to Austin but committed to an all day planning session, anything else I'd cancel.

9. Sun Tzu Horn

Sun Tzu Horn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

There are some people who can't post anything it's out calling people idiots and worse. And it isn't just a pumper v hater - some of these are calling out anybody and everybody that doesn't agree with their every thought.

Unfortunately, some of these are the guys who post the most often and apparently most favored nations status - like Mr Emoticon.

You can just put those guys on ignore and not miss anything, but I don't get why it's apparently acceptable,

10. MR. COSELL

MR. COSELL Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

OP, please put OT in front of ur post. I'm tired of these garbage posts that do not
    pertain to anything but their personal problems.

11. orangeuglad

orangeuglad The Lamb Man
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Out of 11,000 members, there are about 30 to 50 posters that are ruining this board.

12. Gus McCrea

Gus McCrea Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

That's funny.

But I do agree with OP. This place has been an addiction for me and I am trying to kick it bc the negativity bums me out.

GM

13. echeese

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

So you post a call out to complain about call outs.

Interesting.

[​IMG]

14. jmrtexcol

jmrtexcol Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Nicely stated hornbacker....I agree with everything you said. I have been staying away myself; it f@cking sucks to read the same shit over and over again. There has to be a much better way to have these discussions but there are way too many aholes that prevent OB from doing so. Oh well....

15. sy1804

sy1804 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

... this is what happens when a fellow known a GK becomes " Editor in Chief " plus a radio personality ... this place is getting pretty close to what " IT " was when Heard was HMFWIC @ " IT " ... Please Honor ME with a Ban !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GBDKR & MB ...

16. DeepEddyHorns

DeepEddyHorns Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Hornbacker - I actually tried to address this in an email with a mod about a month or 2 ago and did not get very far. The response was basically that it is not that bad. So there likely will be no change anytime soon.

17. greenvhorn

greenvhorn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I agree. I think Ketch made a start this morning, hopefully reason will return and people who are true fans will realize the damage that is being done. I think many of the worst posters are really fans who have adopted a mob mentality and would never intentionally tear down the program.

18. echeese

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Heard was such a freaking tool.

But noway is GK remotely close to that clown. though I do/did (not sure if he is still around) feel sorry for the guy.

To be that talented yet that miserable, life's too freaking short.

19. Bevo61

Bevo61 I hate rude behavior in a man
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the post OP. I too am sick of the unnecessary, unprovoked bashing of other fans because they have a different opinion. I think the most terrible part of this mess is that we are all supposedly Texas Longhorn fans.

20. HornEsch

HornEsch ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

OP, I understand where you are coming from. I have been on this board a good while as well and it is obviously at a low spot in its history. These down years have really brought the worst out in people. It is not so much that they want change or are mad that the program is where it is. It is just how childishly people become trying to get their point across. Then you have the people who just want to pick a fight sometimes based on their point of view, but quite often just to argue.

This is the worst I have ever seen it. I would say 90% of the posters that are causing the problems, I have never even heard of prior to this year. You have the old guard that always had a loud voice, but it was fewer and farther between which made it tolerable.

People are just so angry that it has made many of the irrational in their behavior, not necessarily their point of view.

I will probably have to take a break from this board at some point. Just not worth the heart ache and the embarrassment some of the people are bringing to the university they claim to love.

Ketch, it is your business. However I know you are not blind to the problems.

21. Reverent Horn

Reverent Horn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Very solid post, Hornbacker. Ignore Mr. Cosell and the others. They hate everything and everybody. I hate to see the good posters move on as it leaves us with the many of the worst posters this site has ever had. We have a large email chain that goes around and it seems every week that we are spending time trying to keep a friend from switching sites. It is getting more difficult to win that battle.

22. PBR_StreetGang

PBR_StreetGang Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Guys, OP said spare him the remarks. That means the thread is locked for discussion. Show some respect.

23. sy1804

sy1804 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

... you have more smell than I do Cheesy cause you are closer to the tit than I am ... but I have been here long enough to tell him this place has got out of control ... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTE ...

24. HoyaHorn

HoyaHorn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I've got a solution for you HB. Call up Bellmont, offer to buy out Mack's contract, pay to get Saban away from Bama or Meyer from OSU, watch UT play great, and then you will see a lot less negativity on this Board. Otherwise, stop blaming people for venting on this anonymous board. If Ketch banned everyone who vented, he would have about 100 sunshine pumpers and that's it. End of story.

25. MR. COSELL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Cant help but mention my name. How obsessive ru?

26. CalHorn81

CalHorn81 Half Full, the Glass Is
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Well stated. I feel the same. I think most OBs would like to see a coaching change, but people are going way too far with their criticism. Its as if some posters feel like they have to maintain the negativity or risk losing momentum on a potential coaching change. Instead of impacting the coaching decision, however, the constant negativity is most likely having a negative impact on recruiting, so is doing more harm than good.

27. 1JTB6806

1JTB6806 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This is classic. Perfect opportunity for you, Cosell, to have a thought, not post it, and move on. Instead, whether you mean it or not, it appears that you're trying to come off as a jerk. That may or may not be your intent, but if I was being a jerk, accidentally, I'd appreciate it someone told me so.

28. Shambeaux

Shambeaux Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Very well put. You cannot have a different opinion than the mob anymore ore you are either a troll, apologist, and/or not a true Longhorn.

29. NovoHorn

NovoHorn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Good post, this board can be so negative..... Drives me batty.

30. doc2rouge

doc2rouge Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

OP, i hear you. I told a friend the other day and told him this board now officially has more bitching and whining than sports insight.
    Sad.

31. Reverent Horn

Reverent Horn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I just can't help myself. You went out of your way to insult this poster when he just finished an eloquent explanation of how this site has changed. You've been here for less than three years, post non stop, insult regularly, and are a large part of the demise of this board. So yeah, it is easy to single you out. This place was a lot better before you got here.

This post was edited on 12/10 7:05 PM by Reverent Horn

32. Fuddy

Fuddy Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

You have an odd hate for soccer fans

33. hornethorn

hornethorn Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

It reminds me of dad's who go basketball games onFriday night to yell at the officals all night.

34. MR. COSELL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I open this site and all i see is an entire page of posters whinimg about board rules... Basicallycallin out anyody who isnt a sunshine pumper. I've barely posted in over a week. I just figures the OP could have selected the countless other threads the complain about board rules....or at least put OT.

35. bear19

bear19 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

This and many of them are open about it. I do not understand why sooners and aggy are allowed to post inside the 40. Makes no sense to me. I know that's off-topic from the OPand I agree with him totally.

36. Bodhi Sattva

Bodhi Sattva Vaya con Dios
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Didn't know there were so many women on this board. Oops sorry hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings.

37. TheDude41

TheDude41 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

OP, you used up board space to express your feelings and opinion. Why would you try to limit others from doing the same just because you disagree with them? Hypocritical IMO.

38. MR. COSELL

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Ur a creep who attacks anybody who doesnt have ur opinion on matters. I've been here since the beginning ... Nice try.

39. 1JTB6806

1JTB6806 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Cosell, let's try this again...Now is a great time for you to have a thought, not post it and move on.

I'm sorry, but if you have multiple people within 20 posts of a thread single you out for being unenjoyable, sit back look at what you're doing and contemplate whether YOU are the problem or not.

To add to that, you seem to think it has to do with being a "sunshine pumper" or not. That isn't about that at all, it's about being an asshole or not.

Think about it.

40. echeese

Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

This post was edited on 12/10 6:53 PM by echeese

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.