ADVERTISEMENT

Spare the remarks, I know you don't care, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
no need to worry folks, this will all be over on December 21st anyways.

But for a year long respite from my addiction to this cite, I have also been with Ketch before this was Orangebloods. There have been some rocky times to be sure, but nothing as disheartening, depressing, overblown and consistently negative as the cloud currently hovering over the board. It has made the place as close to unbearable as it can get without me walking away for a spell. I guess I'm in the minority that is very much looking forward to 2013. I think this team will be excellent and fun to follow. That very reasonable opinion which can be supported ad nauseum is scoffed at by negativity driven people who dominate this forum. I'm with OP in hoping you become more proactive in policing the product. The whining and moaning on this scale is a stain on my school and this great cite I have called home for well, ever it seems - since The-University days. I was drawn in by a free war room Ketch posted on Hornfans and never looked back. I implore you to exert some small measure of control.

Originally posted by = Iceman =:
Originally posted by Salty Mule:

Originally posted by = Iceman =:

The heyday of OB as a business is now. They heyday of OB as a community was the early to mid '00s. The reality is it's nearly impossible to prevent the degradation of the community feel on OB as it grows. That's the nature of anything, cities, businesses, and even message boards. The more people you stick in one place, the more you're going to find people who drive you crazy, and the less you're going to like the place. Have you met anybody who likes Austin better now than when it was half its current size? Also, keep in mind, Ketch has charged the same rate for over 11 years. You could get rid of a lot of people by raising rates to where they probably should be $15/mo. But, the smaller your customer base, the more at risk you are.

One thing Warchant does that I like is they have a "Club Level" board that is for annual subscribers only (not month to month). It's very much the Alamo Drafthouse of boards. Much like Alamo Drafthouse has a zero tolerance policy for talking or cell phone usage during movies, they have ZERO tolerance on the Club Level for name calling, hate speech, etc. Fans of other teams are not allowed on it. Those that violate the strict policies of the board are banned from it permanently. They still can post on the Tribal Council board, which is their version of the 40 Acres. B/c of the stricter rules and admission requirements, it's a much smaller and more docile community. And, for the most part, everyone gets along well. It reminds me a lot of the early OB board. That might be a solution for guys like Hornbacker who prefer a different scene, but want to remain active posters.
Please get a real software then we can talk extra money to avoid jackasses.
Huh?!? Where did I say anything about "extra money"??? Correct me if I'm wrong, but an annual subscription is CHEAPER than a month-to-month sub, right?
wink.r191677.gif
My point was more along the lines of it not being that hard to clean up the place if the moderators wanted to make it happen. Oh and still update the software.

The creepy 3 a.m. post to himself on his own fan page is amazing. A truly special OB moment.

texus - "I guess I'm in the minority that is very much looking forward to 2013. I think this team will be excellent and fun to follow. That very reasonable opinion which can be supported ad nauseum"

I suppose I envy your ability to think like that after witnessing so much these past years. I miss having those thoughts about my program. I suppose I also hate you for your ability to think like that because it seems to me that people with that opinion allow the status quo I'm so disgusted with continue to easily exist. I don't see any need to call you a name and insult you. I don't want to argue the point because I'm sure you and I won't agree. I do agree with you that you are in the minority however, and I look forward to the days when your opinion will be the majority opinion.

dam hornbacker....... I agreed with you........you need to come back and say that your account got hacked by your roommate and this is the first time you have heard of it. Do it......now.

or explain it at least. If not I will have to withdraw my support as previously stated cuz I can't go for that...no...i..no can do..........no I can't go for that, can't go for that, I can't go for that, can't go for that.

Originally posted by NOT TEXAS GOOD:
no need to worry folks, this will all be over on December 21st anyways.
I'm planning on having one hell of a birthday bash on the 21st.

There is a whole lot of win in this thread. I totally agree it has been a little out of the ordinary around here lately. Losing will do that to fans. Winning is the cure to all of the problems. When the big 3 men's sports start to get back to their standard than things will return to normal around here.

Originally posted by lsampson:
Originally posted by MR. COSELL:
OP, please put OT in front of ur post. I'm tired of these garbage posts that do not
pertain to anything but their personal problems.
Cosell,

I won't say what I would like to because I do not want to be banned. I will say this though, there are so many internet badasses like yourself who think the sun rises and sets on your word, little gods, so to speak, that if I were the man I used to be, would love to get to meet you for just 5 minutes or so. Your opinion is just that, your opinion, as his opinion is his opinion. He is in his own way venting the frustration of the agenda you seem to push so hard and in your own hypocritical way, you back door insult him.

It is just a verbal way of throwing anyone who disagrees with your view under the bus. Very weak and typical internet badass.

This whole divisive environment that seems to be orchestrated by who knows is turning this place into a place that is not worth visiting as much anymore.

It's really sad to see the devolution of this site.
Very well stated, Cosell and devisive idiots like him are why I'm cancelling as soon as rivals begins taking calls in the am. This site used to be entertaining and informative, not so much anymore.

Just want to tell my grand kids that I took part in this OB classic.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Originally posted by TaylorTV:

ummmm.......did anyone notice this on the OP's fan page?

Am I the only one that thinks this is creepy?

1/16 3:22 AM[/B]
Taylor, I've watched you a number of times of TV and I believe you have the right idea with your cleavage. Every person has to have a hook or they're soon forgotten. Use it or lose it. However, you get on camera and cover it up with your beautiful hair. You set your hook up, then cover it up. That hook is what made Dolly Parton and others famous. Others in your profession use that same method to their advantage. Erin comes to mind. Do not hesitate to do so or you will lose out on opportunities. It's still a man's world out there and they will say, well, Taylor is not afraid to get in front of the camera with her boobs showing so she's got the balls to get a job done. Pardon the pun! TAke it from someone who listened to men in boardrooms who made decisions based on that. If a woman was not afraid to talk and not afraid to use her female assets, that's what the bigwigs look for. Trust me. I heard it all the time. I know it sounds bad but Erin and all the others have done whatever it took to get to wherever they are; don't think for a moment they haven't. A woman in a man's world still has to do whatever she has to do. It sounds bad and you and Erin and everyone else can deny whatever anyone says you did but if you turn someone down you've turned down your opportunity. By the way, I have no dog in this fight. I'm retired. I just think highy of you and want you to succeed. Anyone who tells you I'm feeding you a line of bullshit is feeding you a line of bullshit. You be sweet as you are and don't sweat the other things. In the long run they fade away. Don't get mad at me for telling you this. I only mean good for you.
tumblr_ljvv9iu7yr1qj0zk3o1_500.gif

clap.gif

I have felt the same way as the OP and let it be known to Chip, Taylor GK etc but when the money is flowing as much as it is for the employees of this site, the last thing you want to do as an owner is stop the lynching. What's happening to the Texas Football program is drawing historic ratings for radio and internet sites such as this one.

It's really sad but these are the types of seasons sites like this long for. It's good for business. Don't let anyone tell you different.

I actually haven't been able to listen to The Chip Brown show these last 2 weeks simply due to not wanting to hear all the bashing and negativity about Texas sports.

I've been on this board for several years now, and I've found it to be far-and-away the best site for the combination of information and discussion on Texas sports anywhere. I was on the Nebraska board for years before I came here; it has one of the highest participation rates of all Rivals boards. Yet we saw the same kind of growing acrimony there as Callahan tanked. It ebbed considerably in the first few years of Pelini's tenure, and now it's ratcheting up again for obvious reasons...just as we're seeing here. But both boards are still well worth one's time.

The admins here are right: these things are seasonal, and they usually reflect the state of the team at any given time.

Like NTG, Ice, and several others, I accept from the outset that the primary purpose of this site is to give us a good look at the inner workings of Texas athletics. The discussion aspect is a bonus. I enjoy both parts, and I'm happy to say so. I think a lot of other regulars around here agree. That's why they're still around...

This post was edited on 12/11 2:17 AM by SkullSplitter

This thread should go in the classics for future references

Well it was all that I could do to keep from crying
Sometimes it seems so useless to remain
But you don't have to call me idoit, idoit
You never even called me by my name

You don't have to call me Tommygun
And you don't have to call me texaspride
And......you....don't.....have..... to...call....me........joenatural.......anymore
Even though you're on my fightin' side

And I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded postin' Mack's back again

Well I've wrote her name a few times on my FanPage
(Taylor, Taylor)
And I've seen it on the OB Home Page
But the only time I know I'll hear chili with beans are good to go,
Is when Jesus interviews BOBA for Recipes that Blow

So, I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded postin' Mack's back again

Well a friend of mine named Hornbacker wrote that post
And he told me it was the perfect OB Classic post
I wrote him back a letter and I told him it was not the
Perfect OB Classic post because he hadn't said
Anything at all about chili or brisket or tailgates or blastin' or gettin' banned or Squatch or jewelry

Well he sat down and wrote another verse to this song
And he sent it to me and
After reading it I realized that my friend had written the
Perfect OB Classic post
And I felt obliged to include it on this thread
The last verse goes like this here

Well I was drunk the day NTG made some bean stew
And I went to the tailgate to eat brisket and talk Sqautch
But before I could get to the party there was titty blastin'
And we all got banned while Ice sold another watch!

So, I'll hang around as long as you will let me
And I never minded postin' Macks's back again
You never even called me, well I wondered why you don't call me?
Why don't you ever call me by my name?

Hornbacker I agree with what you say. Unfortunately, as I told my daughter when she took a job out of college that required that she had to deal with the public, that 75% of the people that she would deal with would flat out be stupid. She came back after about 3 months and said that my figures were a little low. That applies to the people to whom you are referring on this board. I have learned which threads to avoid because, as you say, these people who have never participated in any kind of sport think they know the answer and are reactionary and put absolutely no thought into what they post.. I always appreciate your comments and will certainly miss them.

Originally posted by mprechel1370:
2-3 years of bad ti mediocre Texas football should generate some discontent dont ya think?
Agree on bad to mediocre part, but discontent is the understatement of the century. It is obsessive compulsive spewing of misery of the 50 that dominate every thread, no matter the topic. Most threads even great topics are unreadable.

Originally posted by 1JTB6806:

Originally posted by 1JTB6806:
OP, please put OT in front of ur post. I'm tired of these garbage posts that do not
pertain to anything but their personal problems.
This is classic. Perfect opportunity for you, Cosell, to have a thought, not post it, and move on. Instead, whether you mean it or not, it appears that you're trying to come off as a jerk. That may or may not be your intent, but if I was being a jerk, accidentally, I'd appreciate it someone told me so.
I open this site and all i see is an entire page of posters whinimg about board rules... Basicallycallin out anyody who isnt a sunshine pumper. I've barely posted in over a week. I just figures the OP could have selected the countless other threads the complain about board rules....or at least put OT.
Cosell, let's try this again...Now is a great time for you to have a thought, not post it and move on.

I'm sorry, but if you have multiple people within 20 posts of a thread single you out for being unenjoyable, sit back look at what you're doing and contemplate whether YOU are the problem or not.

To add to that, you seem to think it has to do with being a "sunshine pumper" or not. That isn't about that at all, it's about being an asshole or not.

Think about it.
very well said 1JTB6806:

Not Texas Good and Joeywa, you are shining examples of the type that my post speaks to. This whole thread was quite humorous, I have to say.

I also say this. There was a post here from a poster that contained a very good idea and I'm going to use his idea. I'm also going to use it as a good time to get to know Not Texas Good and Joeywa and Ketch and Taylor and others who decided to jump before they looked.

The post recommended that I come to the upcoming Rivals lunch on Thursday, I believe. Good idea. And Not Texas Good and Joeywa and all you others who got a great laugh and knew just what's what please come over for lunch, too. I have someone I want you to meet and that person will be with me for lunch.

There were a lot of you that knew just what I was talking about and said so, all the while others were doing exactly what my thread was describing, with Ketch and his merry band unapologetically allowing it to continue; in fact, helping it along. I hope you feel the same way after lunch on Thursday as you have so far.

Taylor, what has happened here is unfortunate and you will see why, and you will see why allowing posters like Not Texas Good and Joeywa to rule the roost will tear down the coop. In fact, I have already heard from a number of posters that Ketch will probably hear from as well that were upset with what happened in this thread. I am sorry you were allowed to be brought into it by Not Texas Good and allowed to remain a major portion of it after that by Ketch. The mob mentality, that Ketch says he can't quite see in his site, took over and he just sat, much like Bush sat in that Florida classroom...

Be that as it may, I hope everyone who decided that Not Good's display was more important than my message comes by and spends a little time with me.

Thanks and Hook'em!!

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:
Very solid post, Hornbacker. Ignore Mr. Cosell and the others. They hate everything and everybody. I hate to see the good posters move on as it leaves us with the many of the worst posters this site has ever had. We have a large email chain that goes around and it seems every week that we are spending time trying to keep a friend from switching sites. It is getting more difficult to win that battle.
Cant help but mention my name. How obsessive ru?
I just can't help myself. You went out of your way to insult this poster when he just finished an eloquent explanation of how this site has changed. You've been here for less than three years, post non stop, insult regularly, and are a large part of the demise of this board. So yeah, it is easy to single you out. This place was a lot better before you got here.

This post was edited on 12/10 7:05 PM by Reverent Horn

Agreed
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT