ADVERTISEMENT

Spare the remarks, I know you don't care, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by MR. COSELL:

Originally posted by Reverent Horn:
Very solid post, Hornbacker. Ignore Mr. Cosell and the others. They hate everything and everybody. I hate to see the good posters move on as it leaves us with the many of the worst posters this site has ever had. We have a large email chain that goes around and it seems every week that we are spending time trying to keep a friend from switching sites. It is getting more difficult to win that battle.
Cant help but mention my name. How obsessive ru?
I just can't help myself. You went out of your way to insult this poster when he just finished an eloquent explanation of how this site has changed. You've been here for less than three years, post non stop, insult regularly, and are a large part of the demise of this board. So yeah, it is easy to single you out. This place was a lot better before you got here.

This post was edited on 12/10 7:05 PM by Reverent Horn

It reminds me of dad's who go basketball games onFriday night to yell at the officals all night.

Originally posted by 1JTB6806:
OP, please put OT in front of ur post. I'm tired of these garbage posts that do not
pertain to anything but their personal problems.
This is classic. Perfect opportunity for you, Cosell, to have a thought, not post it, and move on. Instead, whether you mean it or not, it appears that you're trying to come off as a jerk. That may or may not be your intent, but if I was being a jerk, accidentally, I'd appreciate it someone told me so.
I open this site and all i see is an entire page of posters whinimg about board rules... Basicallycallin out anyody who isnt a sunshine pumper. I've barely posted in over a week. I just figures the OP could have selected the countless other threads the complain about board rules....or at least put OT.

Originally posted by Supesec:
Keep in mind a lot of posters are trolls and are not Texas fans. I think a pretty significant percentage are aggies, or OU fans.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

This and many of them are open about it. I do not understand why sooners and aggy are allowed to post inside the 40. Makes no sense to me. I know that's off-topic from the OPand I agree with him totally.
Posted from wireless.rivals.com[/URL]

Didn't know there were so many women on this board. Oops sorry hope I didn't hurt anyones feelings.

OP, you used up board space to express your feelings and opinion. Why would you try to limit others from doing the same just because you disagree with them? Hypocritical IMO.

Very solid post, Hornbacker. Ignore Mr. Cosell and the others. They hate everything and everybody. I hate to see the good posters move on as it leaves us with the many of the worst posters this site has ever had. We have a large email chain that goes around and it seems every week that we are spending time trying to keep a friend from switching sites. It is getting more difficult to win that battle.
Well, you are the biggest POS on this board. I just can't help myself. You went out of your way to insult this poster when he just finished an eloquent explanation of how this site has changed. You've been here for less than three years, post non stop, insult regularly, and are a large part of the demise of this board. So yeah, it is easy to single you out. This place was a lot better before you got here.
Ur a creep who attacks anybody who doesnt have ur opinion on matters. I've been here since the beginning ... Nice try.

Originally posted by 1JTB6806:
OP, please put OT in front of ur post. I'm tired of these garbage posts that do not
This is classic. Perfect opportunity for you, Cosell, to have a thought, not post it, and move on. Instead, whether you mean it or not, it appears that you're trying to come off as a jerk. That may or may not be your intent, but if I was being a jerk, accidentally, I'd appreciate it someone told me so.
I open this site and all i see is an entire page of posters whinimg about board rules... Basicallycallin out anyody who isnt a sunshine pumper. I've barely posted in over a week. I just figures the OP could have selected the countless other threads the complain about board rules....or at least put OT.
Cosell, let's try this again...Now is a great time for you to have a thought, not post it and move on.

I'm sorry, but if you have multiple people within 20 posts of a thread single you out for being unenjoyable, sit back look at what you're doing and contemplate whether YOU are the problem or not.

To add to that, you seem to think it has to do with being a "sunshine pumper" or not. That isn't about that at all, it's about being an asshole or not.

Think about it.

Originally posted by Supesec:
Keep in mind a lot of posters are trolls and are not Texas fans. I think a pretty significant percentage are aggies, or OU fans.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Exactly. I wish the mods would aggressively delete those accounts. They are easy to spot.

"I have been one of the fans here who all along this year
has said that Mack Brown has to go. But I have also said that it must
be done so in a dignified way."

Is there a dignified way to be fired? It happens to people every day. They don't get to dictate when they leave. You are either getting the job done or you are not. All I'm saying is that by any measurable standard at a top program, there is just cause to let him go. I like Mack but we can't continue on this trajectory. It's not good for the program and not fair to the players who came to Texas to compete for a national title. I'll still support my horns but I'm not happy with where we are right now.

I thought you were upset because the OP didn't warn you it was his "personal" problem and OT. If the shoe fits wear it.

Well put. I usually just scan the threads and read the posts of the the few OBers who consistently have something interesting to contribute to the board.

Really??? Well....there's one of them.
SMH

Originally posted by Hook'm RD:

I thought you were upset because the OP didn't warn you it was his "personal" problem and OT. If the shoe fits wear it.
So now I dont answer to my name. Nice.

And yet I get called out on this thread.

Sorry, I find the "victim card" kinda humorous.

Not that I am worried about the call out (especially considering the source) but I am amused by the hypocrisy.

I understand your frustration OP. This board has rules of engagement, and if they are being violated, you have a valid argument. If not, you gotta apply your shit filter and avoid the crap. Hell, if I had my way, all spurs threads would be deleted. :)

Originally posted by HI_McDunnough:
"I have been one of the fans here who all along this year
has said that Mack Brown has to go. But I have also said that it must
be done so in a dignified way."

Is there a dignified way to be fired? It happens to people every day. They don't get to dictate when they leave. You are either getting the job done or you are not. All I'm saying is that by any measurable standard at a top program, there is just cause to let him go. I like Mack but we can't continue on this trajectory. It's not good for the program and not fair to the players who came to Texas to compete for a national title. I'll still support my horns but I'm not happy with where we are right now.
There absolutely is a dignified way and if you want to use real world business as a comparison that's fine. If you're a daily laborer, sales rep, receptionist, middle management...you have it, you're right there isn't some sort of special treatment.

If you're a high level executive or CEO who is responsible for building a company then behind your closed doors it may not be dignified, but I damn sure guarantee you the every day employee, customer, etc doesn't see what really goes down. If you want blood you're not gonna get it.

Mack Brown is too well respected and has done too much to be pulled out the door via a witch hunt. Even if there is blood behind clothes doors, we'll never see it on the street, and that is the way it should be.

Originally posted by echeese:

Ironically I got called out on this thread.

So trying to spin the "victim mentality" is kinda comical but I do admit to enjoying some of the hypocrisy.
I agree it's coming from both parties. I was in a hirry and didnt have time to elaborate.. Point is the OP and others seem to think it's the only posters who dont Mack, when in fact posters like Reverent are what is wromg with this board. Comstantly whining, callin posters names and starting board wars.

Well, you are the biggest POS on this board. I just can't help myself. You went out of your way to insult this poster when he just finished an eloquent explanation of how this site has changed. You've been here for less than three years, post non stop, insult regularly, and are a large part of the demise of this board. So yeah, it is easy to single you out. This place was a lot better before you got here.
Ur a creep who attacks anybody who doesnt have ur opinion on matters. I've been here since the beginning ... Nice try.
Me too! Me too! Me too!

Agree with the OP by and large. Having said that, I just curtailed posting and the like without letting anyone know. I suspect there are a lot of us silent majority that have been around since the earliest boards. The level of discussion has become so coarse and unpleasant.

And by the way I am totally on board with a new coach.

... cheesy your family so we know nothing is ever gonna happen to you ...

Is anybody having issues with the ignore feature?

It seems like when I "ignore" a poster, it works within a given day, but the next day when I open a new internet browser, it doesn't work anymore.

Otherwise, the ignore feature was working very well for me. I'm able to to work through posts eliminating drivel.

OP it's a free country, start your own site.....MackpaSunshinepumpers.com. 8-4 forever more..yea!!

Go Spurs!

No worries,

Pot stirring a bit but yes, it's coming from all over.

OTOH,

I think some of the absurd hyperbole

WE'RE IMPLODING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sky is falling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And revisionist history

"Mack has always sucked" "It was all VY" we were not relevant under Mack but we were under Freddie/David/Johnny Mon

should be fair game for abuse and belittling.

wink.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/10 7:01 PM by echeese

It appears this site is divided into two camps. Those that want to force change and those that don't. If a person wants Mack gone then that person is negative and should be run off the board. If u like things like they are, then your a sunshine pumper who has lost touch with reality. Which ever side you take that person is attacked and insulted. There has to be some middle ground here because everyone has a right to an opinion.
The really sad part is this is what is happening "inside the 40 acres". There is not a lot of positive things happening for Texas sports right now.

HIMcDonaugh nailed it. There is no exit at all if people aren't bitching about it. Dignified or otherwise. Agitation is needed. Apathy or mindless trust in incompetent, complacent leadership is not.

Very Good Post and I share your sentiments. I don't post that often but I am close to addicted to the site but it's easier to get off of it because of the negativity and vitriol that a few posters have to spit out. I believe most on this board want Texas sports back to where we believe they rightfully belong and being negative on the board is going to come back to haunt us.
Being negative in a manner that brings out civil conversation is apparently not possible on this board with that group of 30-50 doom and gloom people. Debate is a lost art on this board and once flourished here. Now you can hide in cyber space and attack with no conscience or consequence. Sorry state of affairs!

This place is no different than any other large college football fan board. When things are tough, they are hard to read. People need to stop being puzzies and just accept that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT